Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Newbie looking for some help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Newbie looking for some help 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Simba93 » March 2, 2015 11:44pm | Report
Hi guys,
im hoping to fnd some help here. I started playing Dota a few weeks ago, with very little experience in Mobas. The game looks great and Im really enjoying it for the most part, but Id like to join into the competitive side of it soon. So far matchmaking has been really rough due to languagebarriers, lack of communication and propably a big lack of game knoweledge. Ive played a bit of LoL and HoN before so I think I have a small grasp on the general concept of a Moba, but Im sure there is a lot of space for improvement =) Im currently playing at 2,5k mmr.

Im thankful for any kind of help you can offer and would be specially thankful for some private coaching. I cant offer much in return other than my everylasting love :P (maybe some starcraft 2 coaching if youre into that).

thanks in advance,
Simba

Simba93

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » March 3, 2015 7:18am | Report
Hi Simba.

Feel free to add me on Steam. I can teach any role, but my best role is support. More important than roles is understanding how the game works at a competitive level. Understanding why professionals do things that don't seem to make sense to you.

http://steamcommunity.com//id/AngeloBangelo

Just add and message me whenever.

See you then.

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Simba93 » March 3, 2015 5:12pm | Report
Thx for the quick reply =) I added you on steam.

Simba93

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeveNthSense » March 3, 2015 6:28pm | Report
I'm not too good myself so I can't really coach you sorry but there are some really good guides out there, on this website and more. Goo's Guides give a lot of tips for general gameplay as opposed to guides for a single hero. Sando and Peppo have made plenty of guides for single heroes or guides for roles. There are a ton more on this site but it's too hard to remember them all. I think the SteamCommunity has some good guides, YouTube is always a good source. I recommend checking out Purge, he isn't the best pro player but he is much better than average and offers good advice in his general guides as well as his regular matchmaking games. I also think FluffnStuff (Brian Lee) has some good guides for supports and Aui_2000 has a channel as well. Other than that, watching pro games on joinDota is a good way to learn as well.

How long is "a few" because if you've been playing for 3 weeks and have already gotten to 2.5k mmr, I'd say thats pretty good for a so called "noob". I've been playing for 2 months and haven't even unlocked ranked. Maybe its because I can only play 2 games a week lol. But keep up the good work

SeveNthSense

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved