Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New to DOTA 2 - Hooked and looking to increase my skill

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » New to DOTA 2 - Hooked and looking to increase my skill 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nih116 » June 5, 2013 2:20am | Report
As the title says, I am new to DOTA 2, however that hasn't stopped me from playing 118+ since ~May 10th.

I have enjoyed figuring out how to play a few different characters like Drow, Enchantress, Templar Assassin and I dabbled with Spirit Breaker, Ursa and Centaur Warrunner as well.

My problem is that some of the other characters, while they seem interesting to play.. I can't seem to grasp their overall play style. There are many I haven't tried still, but my over all goal is go find someone who is very experienced with the game and can teach me good habits to work from.

The key things I have been focusing on are last hits, denials and using the abilities efficiently (at least for the characters I am decent at).

My current time zone is +3 GMT which is because I am currently deployed (US Army). I work off of a ping of around 100-300 depending on where I am playing from. I have more than enough time at almost any point during the day to be mentored in this, as I make my own schedule (its good to be the boss). I have played many other strategy games, and MMO's, including SC3, WC1 2 & 3, WoW for 6 years & EQ. I am an avid gamer and when I get back to the states I will be building a proper gaming computer.. I am in this game for the long haul, so the time you invest with me will be put to good use, I am not going to learn to play and quit.

I am a sponge for learning :) I just need someone to teach me.

-Nih116

Nih116

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Demolibium » June 8, 2013 2:31am | Report
I can help u with teaching most of the stuff u need to know, i may not be super pro but im decent.
If ur interested u can send me an add.
And welcome to the game :)

Demolibium

Steam: Danté's Demon
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nih116 » June 9, 2013 12:48am | Report
Will do and thanks!

Nih116

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved