Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[Mid Skill] Mentor looking for an Apprentice

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » [Mid Skill] Mentor looking for an Apprentice 26 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sir Azar Claden » January 9, 2013 2:57pm | Report

4 Years of XP!!!

I consider myself a middle class Dota Allstars & Dota 2 gamer, because my win ratio is usually around 50%. I have a total of 4 years of XP in MOBA gaming. I know lots of arrogant people who say that they are so pro and "high skilled." Personally I think of strategy as its own calculation like math. I believe that you have no right to brag with a win ratio below 50%. Those who do are liars. Remember that numbers don't lie. People lie. Anyways, all I am saying is to be careful who you learn from newbies, because you can just as easily learn bad habbits as you could learn the good ones. Well...There you a have it. A brief introduction about me and my experience.

Here is a list of my requirements if I am to accept you and take you in as my apprentice.

1st - You must speak English well enough that we can understand each other.
2nd - You must have a working microphone, speakers, and be willing to use it.
3rd - I can't help someone who is always lagging. It's ok occasionally, but if it gets too annoying I will not be able to continue teaching you.
4th - You must be willing to play at least 8 hours a week during the time I am training you.
5th - I can't make up for more than 1 newbie per team. That means that we cannot invite more newbies to play with us. Do not worry though. I have some friends who you can meet.

If you learn under my wing here are a few benefits that you might get.

- I have many experienced friends on Dota 2. Many of which have other friends that I haven't met myself, play Dota 2 a lot, play other games on steam, and are mostly kind and easy to deal with. You will get to meet them as well and they also have mics, which is why I can't have a sensitive to mics lagger as an apprentice.
- Me and my friends differ in opinions about some things such as Clockwerk & Mask of Madness. Personally I see it as a great tool to outrun stunners with heroes like sniper. My reason for using MoM on Sniper may seem unfamiliar but it works like a charm. My first reason is Sniper's ministun. Add that with the cranium basher and you have 2 chances per shot to stun your enemies which sometimes interrupts channeling and spell animation if you stun at the right time. It annoys your enemies, but hey it works depending on the circumstances, more on that later. As for Clockwerk imma pro with him. My friend just hasn't seen me use him yet. Anyways, they will be willing to teach you some tricks too.
- I will teach you how to Clockwerk like a pro. He is actually pretty easy to use if you know how to use him.
- If your training continues long enough you will learn how to work beyond the general same build and strategy that you would use for whoever you pick. A general build is cool, but with the right strategy, you could send heroes out of the base with nothing, but boots of travel as bait. So yeh, sometimes the circumstances call for a different item or strategy.

These are the heroes that I know how to use. I can teach you how to use them all in many different ways and more with my friends help.
- Clockwerk
- Morphling
- Drow Ranger
- Ursa Warrior
- Lone Druid
- Lycan
- Spirit Breaker
- Pudge
- Sand King
- Crystal Maiden
- Lich
- Zues
- Nyx Assassin
- Juggernaut
- Axe
- Naga Siren
- Phantom Lancer
- Dragon Knight
- Chaos Knight
- Bounty Hunter
- Keeper of the Light
- Natures Prophet
- Dark Seer
- Riki
- Slardar
- Omniknight
- Chen
- Techies
- Huskar
- Troll Warlord
- Nightstalker
- Orgre Magi
- Blood Seeker
- Warlock
- Earthshaker
- Tiny
- Sven
- Centaur Warrunner
- Witch Doctor
- Lifestealer
- Sniper
- Batrider
- Windrunner
- Broodmother
- Faceless Void
- Clinkz
- Abbadon
- Tide Hunter
- Timbersaw
- Razor
- Brewmaster
- Necrolyte
- Soul Keeper
- Disrupter
- Enigma
- Silencer
- Gyrocopter

Sir Azar Claden

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » January 9, 2013 6:39pm | Report
I would like to be taught. id: fG^ All Smiles!

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sir Azar Claden » January 10, 2013 5:37am | Report
Add me on friends list my name on steam is Sir Azar Claden like it is here

Sir Azar Claden

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheFreepie » January 11, 2013 2:07am | Report
Seems interesting, add me on Steam: "[F2B] TheFreepie" and we can discuss it further.

TheFreepie

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by tonyprime » January 11, 2013 6:36am | Report
add me! i have a mic and all steam id: tonyprime

i'd like to learn!

tonyprime

Steam: tonyprime
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sir Azar Claden » January 15, 2013 9:38am | Report
Ok imma add you guys when I get home. I will teach you guys everything I know. ATM I have 2 students. So far they are enjoying themselves and play games with me every chance they get. I am sure you will too.

Sir Azar Claden

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hein00 » January 27, 2013 9:24am | Report
Can you add me? i'd like to learn, my steam id is : [EVO] Hein00

Hein00

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sosa » February 2, 2013 5:52pm | Report
Service still available? :)

Sosa

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrAlbinoPenguin » February 3, 2013 7:49pm | Report
Hello, I would love to have some mentoring. Please add me
MrAlbinoPenguin" I cannot find u on steam.

MrAlbinoPenguin

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sir Azar Claden » February 6, 2013 12:49pm | Report
Sorry about my absence and not responding to your requests. I have been busy trying to get a clan and team started. I am also teaching someone at the moment. The most important thing I expect though is for my students to be open minded. I stopped training people awhile back, because I kept getting mentoring requests from people who already know a lot about the game and think they know EVERYTHING. Most of my methods are custom, because if you go about using the standardized gameplay strategies you will never be able to see beyond standard. For instance, if your entire team needs a bkb and it is not a standard item for your heroes. Get the d*** BKB! Anyways I have suggested that so many times before and even though it works for the pros people say "oh but the most popular dotafire guide and the suggestions don't say anything about a bkb." I am sorry, but if you don't like my methods than find someone who gambles with the same strategies everyone else is using. If you do wanna learn from me than add me to friends list. My name is hvmc | Azzy luvs strategy

Sir Azar Claden

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved