Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

I lost my passion/enthusiasm. I need help!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » I lost my passion/enthusiasm. I need help! 1 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by cLGhost » October 29, 2015 2:46pm | Report
Hello everyone. My name is Alex, and I am 18 years old. I've been playing Dota for almost 3 years now and since I was 16 I wanted to become a pro player. When I first discovered the game, I didn't even know you could make a career out of it, and I played just for fun, but more as an obsession. I was playing before school, at school and after school every single day. I used to play 11-15 hours/day non-stop and sometimes I even forgot to eat. It was so cool, because I was improving so much and I was enjoying the game so so much...so after I realized I want to become a pro player I trained even more and even better. I treated every game seriously and never gave up until my ancient hit 0 HP... but somewhere along the line something in my heart changed. I think I lost my enthusiasm...and I don't know why. Like..if before I couldn't wait anymore until I started to play in any day, now I can't wait until I stop playing in every day..I'm like: "ugh, gotta play 4 games today..**** it*. AND I HATE MYSELF. Why am I like this? What happened? And most importantly...how can I recover my former self? Sure, maybe playing 11-15 hours/day isn't beneficial to my health, but I should play..idk more than now and not for obligation, but for fun. So... how do I regain my passion? How do I reignite the fire I call enthusiasm? I'm willing to try anything and listen to any advice even if it says to take a break for 1 month or something.

P.S: I'm not interested in any way in answers like: "You're no good, give up dota and do something useful with your life"...you get what I mean. If you want to post an answer like that, don't even bother, and to the people that actually want to help...well really thanks. It means a lot :).

cLGhost

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved