Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help Crawling Out of Low MMR (under 1000)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Help Crawling Out of Low MMR (under 1000) 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krilzen » June 3, 2015 3:18pm | Report
Hello Im seeking help raising my mmr and just in general seeking help in becoming a better player. Im looking for help in becomming a better support player

Contact me on the following
Email: [email protected]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/krilzenlive/

I look forward to becoming a better dota player and hope someone will help me get there

Krilzen

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by IgnoranceIsBliss » June 4, 2015 2:30am | Report
are you looking for tips or are you looking for a mentor to coach you?
if u want a mentor go to AngeloBangelo i heard his teh best when it comes to mentoring :)
here is his thread http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/forum/mentoring/high-skill-mentor-willing-to-help-1909
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you can solve your problems, then what is the need of worrying?
If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

Hero Ideas:
Daemon, The Headhunter
Nuegar, Mercenary of the Ruins
Dues, The Elemental Magus
Zermunt, The Plague Doctor
Alphyria, The Lady of the Skies

IgnoranceIsBliss

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jeraldoo » June 5, 2015 5:56pm | Report
I'm a 4.7-5.1k player, I tend to hover in that range but I'm also a dedicated support player. Granted, when I started at around 3k I played cores often until I reached around 4.2k where I realized I could rely on my teammates more to do something with the space and support I could provide. First things first, if you think your teammates are the sole reason you're losing, start playing cores. This will help for your future in supporting as well because you will learn the strengths and weaknesses of cores. For example, how much damage can a Lina really dish when she is lvl 6? Play her, and now you'll know why a rubick, kotl, or lion looks like food and inversely you'll think about that when you're playing such a support against a Lina.

The reason I found you is because I wanted to watch a 1k MMR game out of interest and so I found this page. So I looked you up on Dotabuff and observed your Rubick game match ID 1527461399. Your overall game sense of when to cast spells, etc was sound but a few things I noticed immediately that you need to improve as a support player.

1. Pull and stack! At 30 seconds one thing I always do is see if they warded the pull camp. Normally I know because I'm quick to buy items and I sit there until we contest rune. If warded you need to place a sentry. Pulling is important because it gives you, the support a chance to get xp and a little gold but more importantly gives your carry solo XP as well as denying the enemy offlane much needed XP. At 0:53 stack your pull camp before pulling then pull at 1:13. If you want to pull without a stack then learn to double pull, pull 2nd stack into first as last creep is about to die. Pulling a camp that isn't stacked effectively makes your lane harder because you're making your carry take dmg from enemy creeps, last hit under tower, then all of a sudden your lane gets pushed to their tower from the extra creeps that survived from the failed pull giving the enemy offlaner valuable experience that he never had to work for. I saw you do this on your first pull. Better not to pull if you're not going to ensure the death of all friendly creeps you pull.
2. Buy sentries. You never know when they will ward your camp. If my pull camp isn't warded I ward where they might place a anti-gank ward so I can get kills in my lane. Finally, you were against a bounty hunter, he was sitting in your safe lane invisible next to a rubick, slardar, and pl at 200 hp. As a support it's your job to ensure that turns into a kill. At minute 4, your carry unfortunately had to buy sentries before you did (and he didn't even have boots!)
3. Look at the timer. Up that courier at minute 3:00 - 3:05. You only have 5 seconds to forget about it. It's more important than your boots.
4. Well done on first blood, but after first blood you had less than half mana and about 120 hp. Instead of using your last tangos and clarity walk back to base. You're saving your regen for more laning to be done, you're also giving your carry more solo xp who's in a much better position now that you just killed the safelane. Once at base you now have a decision to go back supporting safelane or you could even go for a gank. Instead you just hid under your tower doing very little because you were afraid to die - which you finally did.
5. Play safer and learn to de-agro creeps. You went past enemy creep wave consistently with less than half hp. You're just asking for the enemy to go on you - which they did, and you got punished for it multiple times. Finally, when you right click an enemy get maybe two hits on them before your ctrl + right click on a friendly creep - this will stop enemy creeps from hitting you. Bottom line, if you're at half HP with no good escapes, go back to base. Take the walk back a moment to look around the map, look at items on teammates and enemies. Maybe they have a carry who's at half hp just asking for a gank from you.
6. Use your wand. Saw you die once from their mid under your tower. If you used your wand you would have lived and killed their mid.
7. Map awareness. The only time I noticed you'd look around the map is when you are dead. Get used to looking at minimap and observing other parts as often as possible. The only time I'm not staring at the minimap and other lanes is when I find myself last hitting for whatever reason.
8. Always carry a TP. Simple. As a support you should have a tp. It can save you or it can save a teammate and turn an enemy gank into a kill on your team.

Your spell sense is good in my opinion, better than most of your teammates. However, there is more to just casting decent spells as a support player. It's about map sense, lane control tricks, stacking, ganking, etc. There are many ways to support. If you ever watch pro players support in pubs you'll find they're all about getting kills. They love to buy smokes and hiding for 1-2 minutes trying to get a gank. Different ways to support. I personally like to support a non-greedy way. Stack many times, buy salves for my carries, etc.

jeraldoo

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved