Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Extending a Helping Hand

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Extending a Helping Hand 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyubashi » May 26, 2012 9:59am | Report
Hello o' forumers of DotA Fire

Due to the increase in players, I figured that there will always be newcommers, heck, maybe even players who aren't familiar with DotA 1, or MOBA game's in general. That's where I want to make a difference.

If you're relatively new to DotA 2, the genre, or generally having a hard time while playing, I'd be willing to teach you the ropes, and hopefully, make you become a better player. I intend to do so by going through basic knowledge that needs to be known, before entering the game, intemediete stuff and beyond. My training in this regard ALSO focus heavily on the use of mind. What I mean by this is I want to shape your mindset to become keen on what you should do under certain circumstances.

I can give general knowledge to all roles in the game, but my own preference and primary strenght lies within playing as either a Initiator, Ganker or Supporter, due to how my personal mindset works, and the very aggresive playstyle I tend to use.

If you'd like a helping hand in the ever-competitive world of DotA, I'd love to extend one, and help you up on your feet. It's always encouraging to see new players join the fray of DotA 2.
Attack your opponent where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.
-Sun Tzu

Kyubashi

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Iratesniper » May 26, 2012 12:18pm | Report
Sounds good, we need more mentors.

Iratesniper

Notable (5)
Steam: Iratesniper
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyubashi » May 26, 2012 1:02pm | Report
Glad to hear it.

I'm eager to see how STEAM'S "Play with Mentor" function is gonna turn out. I imagine not everyone are too used at using forum's as a form of medium to find help.

Cheers.
-Sun Tzu

Kyubashi

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by iKitsune » May 29, 2012 7:28am | Report
Hello Kyu,

I recently got my beta key and would very appreciate some help getting started. I am a long time LoL player but after a few Bot games I feel like I am in way over my head.

iKitsune

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyubashi » May 29, 2012 8:02am | Report
Certainly, iKitsune.

While I have never played LoL myself, lots of my friends have been hooked by it, and some of them still is.
The change from LoL to DotA 2 is quite something, but the basic fundamentals are certainly there =).

If I can get your steam account, we should be able to converse further.

Kyu
-Sun Tzu

Kyubashi

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by iKitsune » May 30, 2012 9:03am | Report
Hey Kyu,

Thanks for the speedy response and offer to help. My Steam name is iKitsune (hope that's enough, I'm not that familiar with Steam). Thanks again!

iKitsune

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyubashi » May 30, 2012 10:14am | Report
I was sadly unable to find you under the username "iKitsune" on steam, so it may be it's your nick, not your account name.

At any rate, I'll leave you with my own, and you can add me from there

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kyubashi

Cheers.
Kyu
-Sun Tzu

Kyubashi

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RaGTiME. » July 5, 2012 8:06pm | Report
I'd love to be a part of this ^_^ I'm not a very good player but I know the basics. Your specialty is actually what I want to master--ganking, roaming types of heroes. Add me on Steam, Ex-P.F.C. Wintergreen.

RaGTiME.

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved