Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Howdy gang!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Matchmaking » Howdy gang! 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BusDriver210 » July 11, 2013 12:29pm | Report
Hey there Dotafire crew, my name is Nick and I thought it would be fun to introduce myself. I've been ghosting this forum for quite some time, but with the official release of Dota2 I've decided to put a larger amount of my time here. I'm a Wc3 veteran, but its been a long while since I've played any Dota.

I've been playing league of legends for a number of years, but not enjoying the game as much as I use to. Gonna go ahead and give Dota2 most of my attention, hopefully the connection problems I experienced in beta will be gone. I'm looking for a group of people to play with, I'm lost when it comes to game knowledge so I don't expect to go pro or anything. If your interested in playing with a scrub add me to steam.

Couple of questions.
  • Does everyone's matchmaking take about 7 minutes to find a match?
  • Are Dotafire inhouses noob friendly? I'm pretty scrub at this moment in time.
  • Is it me or does this forum lack a lot of basic forum utilities? (Preview threads, search forum?)

BusDriver210

Steam: red_enferno
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 11, 2013 1:18pm | Report
1. No, matchmaking is pretty fast, it depends how many game modes and server regions you select, and also, how many players you got in your party.
2. Yes, anyone can join.
3. We tried adding a search function on MOBAFIRE, but since we had some issues with it, we had to remove it. Later on, we'll manage to add it completely, but for now, we are focusing on something else! Also, I believe we talked about preview thread as well, it's a nice feature, sooner or later it'll get added too.

And welcome. :)
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved