Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hi! It's me, the new guy :)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Matchmaking » Hi! It's me, the new guy :) 1 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by XI.Ringer » August 17, 2013 6:14pm | Report
Hello ladies and gents, I recently joined the DotaFire community, and tought it's a good idea to introduce myself, or at least tell you guys a story about how I started playing DotA.

One day, my cousin came up with a brilliant idea. He suggested that we should try out some cool Warcraft III custom map called DotA, and I was like "Why not?". After a couple of 1vs1 games and each one of us choosing his favourite heroe (yes, I know, we were kinda dumb back then), we started playing with other guys. Luckily the new custom map we found was very addictive, so we continued playing and getting better at it.
Last autumn I got a mail that said something about me playing Dota 2. It looked like a chance to get beta acces, so I took my chances. After a couple of weeks, somebody (that is, me) got his DotA 2 invitation. I installed the game, went to the bathroom so that nothing would intervene between my right index finger from clicking the left mouse button in order to play DotA 2, and started salivating while waiting for the game to start.
The same year, I met Krom (we had a mutual friend with whom I was playing Minecraft) and he was like "Let's play DotA 2", and I couldn't refuse such an offer :). And by his guidance, I got here.

I hope we'll be owning like nobody else ever did, or at least have fun failing! :)

XI.Ringer

Steam: XI.Ringer

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved