Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Gauging interest

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Inhouses » Gauging interest 12 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

If you're interested, what server do you normally play on?
EU
US East
US West
SEA
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xenasis » September 19, 2012 8:12am | Report
I'd be happy to host some inhouses in the future, but first, I think we need to actually see the interest, where it lies, and what servers are most appropriate. If it turns out we have 14 people from the whole forum, we can't have everyone on their best server, but if we have 24, maybe we can have a US inhouse and an EU one. It would also mean that if we are doing one, we can choose the most appropriate server.

If you are interested in inhouses, please answer the poll appropriately so I, and other people know when/where/how good inhouses can be made!

Xenasis

Notable (11)
Steam: Xenasis
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » September 19, 2012 8:16am | Report
Regional inhouses.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xenasis » September 19, 2012 8:42am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

Regional inhouses.

Would be wonderful if we could get the people, but we can't really assure that either way, that's the reason for the thread, why I'm trying to see how many people we have, in different regions, that would be interested in playing inhouses; we need to check numbers, first.

There might be no point organising a US specific one, for example, if only 8 are interested, but if the EU only gets 5 too, then you can pool the two.

This thread's perfect, too, since you'll only see it if you look in the forum, just like any other inhouse. If everyone who's interested answers, we should have an almost perfect number count.

Xenasis

Notable (11)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DirtGrub » September 19, 2012 9:19am | Report
For some people the server isn't an issue. I have played in the SEA, RUS, EU and obviously US and never had any problems. My interwebs might be a little faster than average, so I don't know what to make of that. Plus I have a BA computer I built. I think anyone who can US east should be able to do a EU server well enough. But, I'm also not sure as Dota crashes hard every once in a while when the player population gets higher than average

DirtGrub
<Editor>

Notable (13)
Steam: DirtGrub
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DirtGrub » September 19, 2012 9:20am | Report
lol at 2 votes also. I initially thought that it was interesting to see an even split among EU and US East.

DirtGrub
<Editor>

Notable (13)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » September 19, 2012 2:26pm | Report
I would guess we would choose a server that is the closest for the most amount of people. Probably not an exact science but I agree that people should be willing to play on a server with a little worse ping rather than just the server they get the best ping on.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Notable (17)
Steam: Mowen
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DirtGrub » September 19, 2012 2:43pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

I would guess we would choose a server that is the closest for the most amount of people. Probably not an exact science but I agree that people should be willing to play on a server with a little worse ping rather than just the server they get the best ping on.

Completely agree with Mowen. It could however be a problem when teams are assigned and all of a sudden someone has a ping thru the roof. I see that being the only complication. Random bad connections really.

DirtGrub
<Editor>

Notable (13)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sarcy » September 19, 2012 2:43pm | Report
Australian: Recently found that US East yields best ping for me. Damn ISP routing fail.

Sarcy

Remarkable (27)
Steam: Sarcyn_
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xenasis » September 19, 2012 2:48pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

Yeah, with a certainty.

It's looking like we will have to combine all servers at the moment, not a huge response to the pool looks like the server thing will be something that will, for a certainty, have to be discussed.

If people are comfortable with going on a server not close to them, then I see no reason why not!

Xenasis

Notable (11)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xenasis » September 19, 2012 2:50pm | Report
DirtGrub wrote:

Completely agree with Mowen. It could however be a problem when teams are assigned and all of a sudden someone has a ping thru the roof. I see that being the only complication. Random bad connections really.

This shouldn't happen to that much of a degree. I'm sure, for example, if an American is on EU servers, they won't get more than 150. It's bad, of course, but it's not 'through the roof'.

It must be made a point that people with bad pings do get assigned to opposite teams though, just in case... It would seem unfair to have the good ping players vs bad ping players

Xenasis

Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved