Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Wukong, The Meihouwang

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Wukong, The Meihouwang 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » December 1, 2014 5:38pm | Report

Wukong, The Meihuowang

Radiant, Melee, Agility

Carry

Strength: 21+1.8
Agility: 25+3.7
Intelligence: 20+1.9

Health: 625 Mana: 260
Damage: 35-42 Armor: 3.57
MS: 320 Attacks/Second: 0.85

Lore

When the Ancients fell to the world, magic and chaos erupted from the world. The Chaos caused deformities in many creatures, but they helped the Monkeys. It gave the Monkeys a stronger will and brain. Allowing them to form tribes and villages. During an excessively powerful storm, Chaos flooded into a rock. This caused the rock to surge with power, and in that rock, Wukong was born. Wukong erupted from the Chaotic Rock, and as he erupted, deities from all other the Sky saw him. The Celestial Warriors, Constellations and Gods all laughed. A little monkey making that big of an explosion? Ridiculous. When Wukong was born, he was born incredibly strong. He quickly was titled Meihouwang (The Monkey King). However, he was not finished yet. He left and learned martial arts from Taoist leaders, and soon became a Martial Arts master. Being ambitios, Wukong challenged the Gods themselves. The gods did not take Wukong seriously, and ignored him. Humiliated, Wukong was furious. He went up to Heaven and raged war on them. A little monkey vs. an entire legion of Celestial Warriors, Mages, Constellations and gods? This would be an easy battle. However, Wukong had a back up. He went to the Underworld, and crossed his name out of the Book of the Dead, making him practically immortal. Teh Sky Gods sent warrior after warrior to try and kill Wukogn, but failed. Only after a Buddha suggested he might trick Wukong, did they win. The Buddha challenged Wukong. He said if you coudl jump out of my hands, you would be King of the Universe, however, if you could not, you would be imprisoned under a mountain. Wukong thought this was an easy task, and accepted it. He sat on the Buddha's hand and jumped. Using his extraordinary strength, and powerful Taoism belief, he jumped to the end of the plane. At the end, he found 5 pillars. He marked the pillars and released some excess water, and then jumped back. When he came back, he laughed and shouted out "I win! Haha!" However, when he came back, he found the mark, and his urine on the Buddha's hand. The Buddha laughed. What Wukong did not know, was that this Buddha was not just an ordinary Buddha. His hand was the very existence of this plane. In shame Wukong accepted his defeat and was imprisoned under a mountain, trapped by Divine Buddhism. He would be trapped there, until the Gods needed a warrior like him. Someone who could defend them, or a hidden, ancient divine artifact...

Monkey Reflexes

Passive

Wukong has a chance to deflect an attack, causing the opponent to take damage instead of Wukong. If the deflected attack is a melee attack, the damage is instant. If the deflected attack is ranged, Wukong fires the exact same projectile back at the enemy. Deflected attacks count as physical damage, and can be dodged with evasion.

Chance to Deflect: 5%/10%/15%/20%

Monkey Clones

Active

Wukong takes 3 hairs off his body to create illusions of himself. The illusions deal less damage, and take more damage from enemies. Illusions have the Monkey Reflex passive.

Number of Illusions: 3
Illusion Damage: 20%/25%/30%/35%
Illusion Damage Increase: 450%
Illusion Duration: 30 seconds
MC: 120 CD: 15 seconds

Somersault

AoE
Magical
Pierces MagicNo Immunity:

Wukong somersaults into an area, dealing damage and stunning for a short duration. Any illusion (made by Monkey Clones) that Wukong created, will immediately somersault into the area of Wukong's Somersault.

Damage: 25/25/50/50
Stun: 0.5/0.75/1/1.25 seconds
MC: 100 CD: 25/20/15/10 seconds

Wukong's Rage

Self Target

Wukong channels his inner rage, causing him to deal increase damage, has a chance to bash, purges himself of debuffs, grants a small movespeed buff, and grants him bonus magic resistance. Wukong's illusions made from Monkey Clone now attack at an increased rate and take less damage.

Movespeed Bonus: 20%.30%/40%
Damage Bonus: 50/100/150
Bash Damage: 50/100/150
Bash Stun: 1 second
Chance to Bash: 17%
Magic Resistance Bonus: 20%/40%/60%
Illusion Attack Speed Bonus: 60/100/140
Illusion Incoming Damage: 400%/350%/300%
Duration: 7/8/9 seconds
MC: 200/100/0 CD: 80/70/60 seconds
Before you ask why, think for a moment, why not.

Scezory

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PokerKid » December 7, 2014 4:54am | Report
Stats
Don't you think its quite high the starting stats?

Lore
Is it based on the Chinese Legend? It is quite nice but originality..

Monkey Reflexes
Nice Skill, but I recommend it to be 2nd or 3rd skill.

Monkey CLones
I recommend you give higher mana cost and cool down to Monkey Clones. They are similar to Naga Siren's Mirror Image and should have longer mana cost and cool down since you can possibly have 6 illusions unless that's your point, but still if you can have 6 clones you should increase the mana cost.

Somersault
I don't quite get it but is it again similar to Naga Siren's Rip Tide? Both the Hero and its Illusion does the skill.

Wukong's Rage
This is a really nice skill, but I recommend lower Cooldown, and maybe a movement speed bonus will be nice to escape in critical situations :)
"Better not.. Just because you don't know what's in it, and want to open Pandora's box, because if you know what's inside the box before you open it, it won't be interesting at all." -Kid

PokerKid

Notable (2)
Steam: PokerKid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » December 7, 2014 1:31pm | Report
PokerKid wrote:

Stats
Don't you think its quite high the starting stats?

Lore
Is it based on the Chinese Legend? It is quite nice but originality...

Monkey Reflexes
Nice Skill, but I recommend it to be 2nd or 3rd skill.

Monkey CLones
I recommend you give higher mana cost and cool down to Monkey Clones. They are similar to Naga Siren's Mirror Image and should have longer mana cost and cool down since you can possibly have 6 illusions unless that's your point, but still if you can have 6 clones you should increase the mana cost.

Somersault
I don't quite get it but is it again similar to Naga Siren's Rip Tide? Both the Hero and its Illusion does the skill.

Wukong's Rage
This is a really nice skill, but I recommend lower Cooldown, and maybe a movement speed bonus will be nice to escape in critical situations :)

No this was not based off Chinese legend. It is based off a Chinese classical story. But yeah i did base it off the story. I was going to make it more Dota themed, but it started to sound like the LoL lore for Wukong.

Also, for Somersault, it is like Riptide, only regardless of where the illusions are, they will damage in the same place.

Thanks for the feedback!
Before you ask why, think for a moment, why not.

Scezory

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved