Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Wither

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Wither 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MahSerpent » September 12, 2014 10:37am | Report
Wither [Updated]

Role:Jungler, Nuker, Pusher

Strength: 20 + 1.9
Agility: 18 + 1.9
Intelligence: 25 + 3.4 (Primary)
Base Health: Level 1; 530 Level 25; 1662
Base Mana: Level 1; 325 Level 25; 1690

Faction: Dire

Base Damage Level 1: 50-54
Vision Range: 1800/1000
Movement Speed: 305
Attack Range: 500
Projectile Speed: 900
Attack Time: 1.8
Cast Point: 0.125
Backswing: 0.375
Turnrate: 0.6

[Q] Dissolving Matter [Active] [Ground Target]
A black cloud is created in front of Wither, reducing the health of enemies hit and slowing them. The health reduction lasts until the unit dies. The reduction stacks with itself, and each stack doubles the health reduction.
The Health reduction lasts for 120 seconds on Heroes, but it only reduces health for 15.
Range: 550 Radius: 325 Shape: Cone
Slow: 5%/10%/15%/20%
DoT: 15/20/25/30
Cooldown: 13/10/7/4 Mana Cost: 40/55/70/95

[W] Wither Spawn [Active] [No Target]
Wither uses the corpses of enemy creeps to create his own minions. These minions have a UAM, which adds a Wither debuff to the enemy, reducing their health over time, which lasts 15 seconds, and the health reduced lasts 50/60/70/80 seconds.
Max. Amount: 1/2/2/4
Duration: 60
Minion HP: 300/400/500/600
Minion Damage: 30
Health Reduction: 20/24/28/32
Cooldown: 35 Mana Cost: 120

[E] Reduction [Active] [Unit Target]
Withers the target, reducing their health temporarily if it's a Hero, and reduces it's health permanently if it's a creep.
Health Reduction: 100/200/300/400
Duration: 10/15/25/30
Cooldown: 24 Mana Cost: 185

[R] Wither [Active] [Unit Target]
The targeted unit begins to wither away, having their health reduced over time. When the affected units health is below 200, they start to take damage instead.
Pulses every 3 seconds. Lasts until it has been purged, or the unit dies.
Reduction over time: 40/50/60
Cooldown: 200/150/100 Mana Cost: 250/325/400
Upgradable by Aghanim's Scepter: Adds a health reduction based on a percentage of their health. Health reduction: 3%

Playstyle: Early game, Wither is an excellent jungler with both with his W and Q. Stacking the hard camp every minute, then clearing it with a Q + right clicks. After that, launch a W and go clear the other camps.
After hitting level 6, Wither is a great ganker with his ult being a secure kill in the early game.
Meanwhile in the mid-late game, Wither is a pusher and nuker.

MahSerpent

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » September 12, 2014 11:45am | Report
I just can't seem to ignore that this is your first post here, and in behalf of dotafire community, welcome!

Oh, and since it's about hero ideas....

WELCOME TO HERO CREATION CLUB!!!

Well, formality aside, I like this hero idea and it seems like a solid start + concept. However, I need to comment on a few stuffs:

-You have problem in mana cost (for W it has very bad scaling for not-so-important upgrade, and for E it is just ridiculously high)
-You missed out the lore part as well as his faction and primary attribute
-The scaling of each spells can be better (Q can have lower duration to start with and increases in level rather than dps, W can have health reduction increase rather than damage, E should have fixed/descending amount of cooldown instead of ascending and the ultimate skill should have lower cooldown, probably around 150/120/90 with better mana scaling of probably 250/350/450)

I can comment more, but I think this is enough as of now. Anyway, great job for the hero! I really like the basic idea of health reduction hero and you come with a strong concept! I'd like to see you more :)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » September 12, 2014 10:09pm | Report
I also wanted to join with Yzreel in saying welcome to Dota Fire. If you have questions about hero design and item creation Yzreel is your man. The badge says it all.

1. I really like the stacking factor that your Q ability has. To me it feels a lot like a more offensive version of Bristleback.
2. Maybe reducing the damage of your W ability minions as well as less hp would make it a little more balanced.
3. As Yzreel said, the mana cost for Reduction seems a bit too high. Perhaps lowering to to something like 180 or 190.
4. Since the Aghanim's Scepter upgrade changes the Wither to HP removal, does that mean the debuff will go through Black King Bar like Midnight Pulse?

Those are my questions. But great first hero concept, a very fun concept to work with I'm sure. And again welcome to Dota Fire, hope you enjoy your stay :)

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 13, 2014 12:31am | Report
heh, i didnt get this much warm welcome when i first came here.

i made a new idea in a while, and nobody is yet to feedbacks.
care to do some?
its below,in my signature
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MahSerpent » September 16, 2014 2:41pm | Report
Okay, first of all I'm going to say thank you for the warm welcome, it was very appreciated.
Now, for the questions you asked.

BK
1. The minions can seem a bit OP, i think a rescale of their damage and cooldown would be necessary. But keep in mind that they need enemy creeps to be able to spawn.
2. The Reduction cost is supposed to be very high, as he has a lot of mana in the early game, this shouldn't be a problem for him. But reducing it to maybe 200 wouldn't be so bad.
3. The debuff can only be removed by dying or purging, and it does indeed go through magic immunity. This is a thing that i intended, as you can purchase items to counter it.

Yzreel
1.The mana problems aren't such a big deal. His E is too high, yes, and I'm not sure if you are saying that the W has too low cost in the beginning. But either way, he has a lot of mana and he would be too strong with low mana costs.
2. I wasn't very detailed with this hero, I wanted to mainly have the basic of it done and wanted some feedback on him. I might add more things, such as Lore and icons, but nothing that I am too interested in.
3. As for the Wither ult, the cooldown is because it will take about 50-100 seconds before it has done any lethal harm to a hero. Might reduce it to 250/150/100 instead, but I really want it to be high at level 1.

I am probably going to post another idea tomorrow or so.
Hope you like the next one too ;)

Ok, I fixed these things:
Added additional information.
Rescaled Wither spawn: Maximum spawns rescaled to 1/2/2/4 instead of 2/2/3/4, Mana Cost reduced to 185. Rescaled Health Reduction to 20/24/28/32 and rescaled the duration to 50/60/70/80. Cooldown rescaled to 35. Damage rescaled to 30.
Reduced Reduction's Mana cost to 185. Rescaled cooldown to 24.
Rescaled Wither cooldown to 200/150/100. Rescaled Wither Mana Cost to 250/325/400

MahSerpent

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved