Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Vaan the Argonautica

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Vaan the Argonautica 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » March 7, 2016 10:34am | Report

Vaan the Argonaut

Hey guys, how has it been? I haven't done this in a while, so be kind to me lol
I know I haven't posted anything since... the last year, but trust me, I've been opening dotoforo from time to time and I know most of the things that are happening....

Including nothing happening in this part of the forum ._.

What's up, guys? It used to be more... lively
It's sad, really. Don't you guys feel the same?

But anyway, enough of that, I've got a new (read: old-but-unposted) hero for you guys to enjoy!

Hero Introduction

So, the hero's name is Vaan the Argonaut (a space pirate, kudos if you know where the name is from. One reference for the name and another for the title). The concept of this hero starts from Elevation Level concept that measures how high you are, for instance, if you are on a ramp, or you are on a cliff you'll have higher Elevation Level compared to if you're on normal ground, and the idea of this hero is to take advantage of that.

To be able to take advantage of that, the hero has to be a swift burst hero that does hit-kill-run from one high ground to low ground to the other high ground. But how do I not make it OP? Well, that's where I came up with the concept of an Argonaut (on top of an air/space pirate thingy). Basically the idea is to introduce an alternative to MP cost (well, not really), called the Crystal Shard as some kind of fuel for the ship, that works kinda like battery. This skill makes this hero very strong early in a teamfight, but much worse if the fight drags on.

Anyway, the hero IS complex, and possibly still OP, but I'm pitching for the concept instead of actual numbering and stuffs, so.... knock yourself out! Don't hesitate to bash me (actually, please do hesitate).

Lore

Timeless eons, piercing memories, ageless one. Vaan the Argonaut had lost everything. His former life, his comrades, his will to live, and for what? For a Golden Fleece, a mythical item said to be the symbol of kingship, guarded by countless trials. At the end of it all, Vaan wondered if it was really worth it.

Was it worthwhile to climb aboard the airship, leaving everything behind?
Was it worthwhile to witness all his comrades fell, one by one?
Was it worthwhile to shoot the supermassive gravity cannon for the last trial?
To be left alone, in the relativity of thousands years.
For the Golden Fleece. This, Vaan could not know.

What he knew was that he laid his hands on the Golden Fleece with the sacrifice of his fellow friends, and he would not let it to waste. Thus, the solitary king, the Argonaut, has since searched for the greatest war to put on grand display the power of the Golden Fleece and the crew that managed to acquire it. All the while humming the requiem for his fallen comrades.

Statistics

Faction: Radiant
Primary Attribute: Agility
Attack Type: Ranged
Roles: Initiator, Escape, Nuker, Semi-Carry

Str: 85 at 25 (23 + 2.6/level)
Agi: 87 at 25 (20 + 2.8/level)
Int: 52 at 25 (16 + 1.5/level)

Health: 1795 at 25
MP: 676 at 25
Armor: 18 (5.6 base armor + 12.4) at 25
Movement: 330
Range: 600
Base Damage: 52-56

Skills

[D] Crystal Shard: Vaan contains his magical energy into a Crystal Shard for later use as fuel for his airship. This skill is a channeling skill that will create Crystal Shards with 40 seconds cooldown. By default, a maximum of 4 Crystal Shard can be made, each requires 1.6 seconds channel time and costs 120 MP. Multiple instances of Crystal Shards can be made by channeling once.

[Q] Soar: The Argonaut consumes a Crystal Shard to propel his airship against the magnetic field of the ground, increasing his Elevation Level and granting him flying capabilities. Each ramp increases or decreases the Elevation Level by 1 and each cliff by 3. Passively, when the Argonaut attacks a unit with lower Elevation Level, the difference will increase his attack damage, and if he is attacked by lower Elevation Level, the difference will increase his evasion. This evasion rate abolishes the default high ground evasion rate.

- 1 Elevation Level increase
- 2 Elevation Level increase
- 3 Elevation Level increase
- 4 Elevation Level increase

Type: No Target
Affect: Self
Shard Cost: 1
MP Cost: 30

Cast Time: 0.3 seconds
Cool Down: 3 seconds
Duration: 5 seconds

Bonus damage/difference: 10
Evasion rate/difference: 30% (diminishing)

The magnetic propulsion of the airship has led Vaan toward many victories

[W] Driving Ram: The Argonaut rams his airship with tremendous speed unto a targeted area, driving toward his enemies with outstanding force. This skill deals damage and stuns all enemy units within 400 points radius based on the difference of Elevation Level between Vaan and the targeted point. If there is no difference between Elevation Level, this skill doesn’t stun nor deal damage, but still transport Vaan to the targeted point. Cannot stun units stunned by this skill within the last 6 seconds.

- 30 damage and 0.1 second stun/difference
- 45 damage and 0.15 seconds stun/difference
- 60 damage and 0.2 seconds stun/difference
- 75 damage and 0.25 seconds stun/difference

Type: Target Point
Affect: Enemy Units, Self
Damage: Physical
Pierces Spell Immunity: Yes

MP Cost: 60
Shards Cost: 3
Cool Down: 1 second

Cast Range: 600 + 200/difference
Travel Speed: 2000
Cast Time: 0.6 seconds

A driving ram from a huge airship can do tremendous damage

[] Golden Fleece: Vaan, having found the mythical Golden Fleece, learns to channel its power as his own. This skill is a passive that increases the cap of Crystal Shards, lowers the channel time and cool down, while also passively granting him splash attacks for a duration after channeling his Crystal Shards.

- 6 maximum Crystal Shards, 1.4 seconds channel time, 32 seconds cd
- 7 maximum Crystal Shards, 1 second channel time, 24 seconds cd
- 8 maximum Crystal Shards, 0.6 seconds channel time, 16 seconds cd
- 9 maximum Crystal Shards, 0.2 seconds channel time, 8 seconds cd

Type: Passive
Affect: Self
Duration: 0.5 seconds each Crystal Shard made
Splash Amount: 100%
Splash Radius: 400

The mythical item holding immense potential, unlocked as Vaan’s own power

[R] Argonautica: After chanting the requiem for his fallen comrades, Vaan unleashes a fragmented power of the supermassive gravity cannon toward a targeted area that reshapes the area and dilates time within it. This skill creates a deep ramp in the targeted area, lowering Elevation Level of the area for a duration. All enemy units and projectiles caught in this area will receive damage over time and have their animation time (attack, movement, and cast time) immensely slowed. All instant spells will have 0.25 seconds animation time, and the terrain will return by 1 Elevation Level every 30/35/40 seconds.

- 60 seconds duration, 2 Elevation Level decrease
- 105 seconds duration, 3 Elevation Level decrease
- 160 seconds duration, 4 Elevation Level decrease

Type: Target Area, Channeling
Affects: Enemy Units
Damage: Physical
Pierces Spell Immunity: No

MP Cost: 200
Shards Cost: 6
Cool Down: 120 seconds
Channel Time: 2 seconds

Slow/ Damage Duration: 2/3/4 seconds
Slow Amount: 60% (2.5x longer)
Damage: 100/second
Radius: 400
Cast Range: 1800

Argonautica, the epic, the requiem of his fallen comrades, and soon his enemies’ too
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 7, 2016 4:55pm | Report
Whoa.

Legit I have a concept with pretty much the exact Q and Ult in my secret stash of unposted heroes.

Good job, and welcome back!

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved