Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Troyr, the Berserker

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Troyr, the Berserker 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » June 30, 2014 8:05am | Report

Troyr, the Berserker

Dire Strength

Lore :

Many a challenge lied ahead old Troyr's path, but the hardest one allowed him to discover his true nature, his inner strength, that came by raging, since the longer a warrior fights, the stronger he becomes.

This was not the case for young Troyr, who's familly was mercilessly slaughtered in front of his eyes by an army of human conquerors , led by Ostarion, the king of an ancient kingdom near the Nether Reaches.

Vengeance. That's all he dreamed for, a chance to strike at Ostarion's neck, a chance to cut the king's head off. A dangerous dream, for such a youngster. For his path to the king was covered in the blood and bones of his enemies. He participated in many fights where the odds were up against him, outnumbered, wounded, yet he would still survive. The closer he got to the king's castle, the more maddening the feel of vengeance, until, all he saw in front of him, were the incarnations of his dead enemies, wraiths, draining the very essence of his mind, driven by mages, who would tear his soul appart. Yet, he overcame.

Managing to fight his way into the castle, Troyr discovered to his surprise that old king Ostarion has turned into something else, a spiritual remnant of his old self, a ghost, a wraith. Lunging into battle, Troyr soon realised that he cannot best Ostarion, and he got striken down by the blade of the Wraith King. Before his last breath, he struck a deal with the Vengeful Spirit, one that in exchange for another chance to kill Ostarion, he would give up his body as a vessel of vengeance, and rage.

Year after year, battle after battle, his own self started to get the back the grasp over this new body. Fueled by rage, relentlessly fighting, each enemy dropping in a single blow of his mighty weapon, he vows he will put an end to the Wraith King's rule; once and for all.

Stats:
Strength : 24 + 2.35 per level
Agility : 26 + 2.05 per level
Intelligence : 20 + 1.5 per level
Movement speed : 305
Range: 128 (Melee)

Skills:

(Q) Heavy Strike : Troyr lifts his mighty axe, striking his opponent with great strength, reducing some of their armor in the process.

-100 damage, reduces armor by 2 for 3 seconds
-150 damage, reduces armor by 3 for 3 seconds
-200 damage, reduces armor by 4 for 3 seconds
-250 damage, reduces armor by 5 for 3 seconds

Mana cost : 110
Cooldown : 10

The strength in such a strike is said to reduce whole mountains to dust.

(W) Fearless Lunge : Troyr lunges across the battlefield onto an enemy, slowing him at the arival point. Enemies in the path of Troyr have their damage reduced. Slows for 2 seconds at 40% movement speed reduced at all levels. Damage is reduced for 15 seconds at all levels.

-400 range, 30 damage reduced for each enemy hit
-450 range, 35 damage reduced for each enemy hit
-500 range, 40 damage reduced for each enemy hit
-550 range, 45 damage reduced for each enemy hit

Mana cost: 85/90/95/100
Cooldown : 30/24/18/12

Outnumbered, wounded, yet fearlessly into the fray.

(E) Might over Magic : With every extra point of Strength Troyr has over Intelligence, Troyr gains extra armor. Skill is nullified if Troyr has equal Strength and Intelligence, or more Intelligence than Strength.

-0.2 extra armor per extra point of Strength
-0.3 extra armor per extra point of Strength
-0.4 extra armor per extra point of Strength
-0.5 extra armor per extra point of Strength

For every mage he faced, he defeated them with sheer strength.

(R) Unrelenting Assault : Troyr cares not for himself, and will pursue the death of all his enemies. Uppon activation, armor drops to 0, and he gains bonus damage for every single point of armor he lost. Troyr cannot deal critical strikes while under the effect of Unrelenting Assault.

-6 damage per point of armor
-8 damage per point of armor
-10 damage per point of armor

Mana cost: 150
Cooldown : 125
Duration : 4/5/6 seconds

Accept your fate, or lie, pretend
Death collects you in the end.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 30, 2014 8:06am | Report
Welcome, Moderator! Haven't seen you around for a little while!

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 30, 2014 8:08am | Report
How does E scale? (Why would I level it up?) and there are only 3 levels?

EDIT: What's his stats (strength gain, movement speed etc)?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » June 30, 2014 8:12am | Report
Yes, there's been some time since my last idea around here. Damn connection screwed me over when I posted it first, fixed E and added back a couple stuff.

Also, please try not to double post! Instead, just edit the first post you made. I'd also like to see some opinions about the idea.

Edit : Damn his stats.
Later edit : Hope he is complete this time, think I got drawn away when making his lore.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » June 30, 2014 8:38am | Report
Wow. Great idea. Fairly original, too, which is hard to come by these days. I like the ulti. Great farming possibilities there. However, could you explain the [W]? For every enemy he bowls through, they get their damage permanently reduced? A Mega Melee Creep does 44 max base damage. If you run through him with a fully levelled [W] he gets... -1 damage? I'm pretty sure I misunderstood but could you clear it up please?

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » June 30, 2014 8:41am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

Wow. Great idea. Fairly original, too, which is hard to come by these days. I like the ulti. Great farming possibilities there. However, could you explain the [W]? For every enemy he bowls through, they get their damage permanently reduced? A Mega Melee Creep does 44 max base damage. If you run through him with a fully levelled [W] he gets... -1 damage? I'm pretty sure I misunderstood but could you clear it up please?

Exactly, it acts as Enfeeble, just reduces less damage but it is AoE (sort of).

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » June 30, 2014 8:44am | Report
So is there a duration? If so could you put it in the original post? 45 damage reduction permanently is way OP. Maybe 30 seconds?

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » June 30, 2014 8:46am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

So is there a duration? If so could you put it in the original post? 45 damage reduction permanently is way OP. Maybe 30 seconds?

I'll make it 15, thanks for poiting that out.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 30, 2014 8:48am | Report
I really like this hero. I like how the passive works harmoniously (big word :3) with his ultimate. Good job.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » June 30, 2014 8:52am | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

I really like this hero. I like how the passive works harmoniously (big word :3) with his ultimate. Good job.

Wow. I actually hadn't noticed that before. It's true! This hero is better than I thought!

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved