Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Nexus

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » The Nexus 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » August 27, 2013 4:10pm | Report

The Nexus

Radiant Intelligence
"Defense is my directive."

Base health

: 530

Base mana

: 299

Base damage

: 46

Base armor

: 4

Movement speed

: 295

Attack speed

: 0.67

Base attack time

: 1.7

Cast time

: 0.1 +0

Attack range

: 600

Vision range

: 1800/800

Strength

: 70.4 (20 +2.1)

Agility

: 53.4 (14 +1.6)

Intelligence

: 95 (23 +3)

Lore:
In ancient times, there was a thriving city situated between a valley with a name not known to anyone alive this day. It's people was advanced, capable of producing their own technology. It started out with the discovery of harnessing electricity without any magical sources, and soon many great inventions were created. As word of their discoveries spread, many others planned to steal their technology for their own. Worried about their survival against the outside world, the top scientists in the city created an unmanned craft, capable of levitating and was partially-sentient, completely self-sufficient and specially designed to protect the city from the outside and enforce its laws on the inside. It was called the Nexus.
The invention was a huge success. Many wars were won and the streets were completely free of crime. However, soon a disaster of epic proportions took place. As the ground shook and sky trembled, the valley the city was situated in started to crumble. Alas, the foundations of the mountains could take it no longer, and they leaned down onto the city. Using all its energy, the Nexus created a force field around it, shielding its home from the falling rocks. But the pressure was too great, and the rocks came crashing down, burying the advanced culture along with all their creations. The Nexus powered down.
As knowledge of the civilization was almost completely lost, the Nexus was accidentally unearthed by a geomancer. Rebooting once more, it fled from his grasps and broke out of the cavern, traveling along to the Violet Plateau where the last sparks of electrical energy has been emitted. With its old directives totally irrelevant and its creators destroyed, it decided that it should give itself new ones: Protect the lands from evil and destroy all who oppose him.

Epilogue

Q: Turret Modules
Type: Target-Point
Affects: Enemies
Damage: Magical
The Nexus releases controllable turret modules to aid him in combat.Turret modules automatically attack the enemy unit closest to it, and targets cannot be manually chosen. Turret modules die in 1 hit.
- 4/6/8/10 turret modules spawned

Turret module

- 90/100/110/120 mana cost
- 20 second cooldown

LASR (Laser Assault Security Robot) defenders are sent to resolve most conflicts.

Notes:

W: Mechanical Onslaught
Type: No Target
Damage: Physical
The Nexus deploys a wave of uncontrollable drones that assemble themselves after a short duration. Drones behave like lane creeps and will move to the nearest lane to assist lane creeps in battle. Drones die when enough damage is sustained.
- 2/2/3/3 drones created
- 130/120/110/100 mana cost
- 40/35/30/25 second cooldown

Drone
- 350/375/400/425 health
- 20/25/30/35 damage
- 300 movement speed
- 1 attack per second
- 100 attack range
- 850/800 vision range
- 15-25 gold bounty

The result of genius work and engineering, robotic drones played a huge role in the success of a great civilization.

Notes:

E: Forcefield
Type: Target-Point
Affects: All
The Nexus launches a pod at the target location. After a short delay, the pod will produce a forcefield that slowly expands to its maximum range, pushing all units in the area outwards. All units are unable to pass through the forcefield except flying units and the Nexus. This ability works on a charge-based system, up to a maximum of 2 charges.
- 700 range
- 600 pod projectile speed
- 1 second delay
- 350 forcefield radius
- 2/3.5/5/6.5 second duration
- 1/2/2/2 total charges
- 80 mana cost
- 20/18/16/14 second cooldown (for each charge)

Highly-developed technology gives the Electrokinetic Barricade its impenetrable quality.

Notes:

R: Defensive Sequence
Type: Target Point
Affects: Energy nodes and buildings
CHANNELING - The Nexus teleports to a target allied building. While doing so, all allied buildings in the area, including the target building, will receive backdoor protection and health regeneration for the duration of the teleport.
- 5 second channel
- Backdoor protection
- +50/70/90 health regenerated per second
- 100/140/180 mana cost
- 80/70/60 second cooldown

The Nexus tends to any site that is subject to danger, regardless of distance.

Notes:

I have been pretty busy with my examinations lately, and I have not posted a hero idea in quite a while. I'll be doing more in the future. Please leave feedback :)

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » September 1, 2013 11:20am | Report
This sounds really strange.Can't say more.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » September 5, 2013 3:37pm | Report
So he's a really good pusher and counter-pusher. I like it! A really cool ult plus an interesting force field... thing...

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RunnerUpScout » October 8, 2013 6:30am | Report
Design-Wise I kinda imagine a hologram... human thing... Kinda like Cortana... Hmm ._.

What will happen after Valve runs out of heroes? Hmm?! HMMM!? So yeah, just stop being trolls, and whining about heroes.

RunnerUpScout

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by neurotoxin » November 7, 2013 10:52pm | Report
Crazy Tom wrote:

So he's a really good pusher and counter-pusher. I like it! A really cool ult plus an interesting force field... thing...

This must be a little confuse for him. =))

neurotoxin

Steam: (_ИєυяσтσχiИ¯)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved