Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Ghost Monk

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » The Ghost Monk 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » April 20, 2013 8:34pm | Report
The Ghost Monk / Myojin
The Radiant
Intelligence Hero
Melee (128 Range)
Carry, Initiator, Escape

Str: 18 + 2.1 per lvl
Agi: 20 + 1.8 per lvl
Int: 18 + 2.4 per lvl

Starting HP: 492
Starting Mana: 234
Base Armor: 1.1
Base Attack Time: 1.7
Base Damage: 39 - 48
Base Movement Speed: 305

Lore:
Ghost Monk began his life as a simple peasant growing up in a small, rural farming village. He lived a long life of charity and humility, becoming an icon of his town, known far and wide for his grace and kindness. One day, as Myojin neared his twilight years, he received a strange visitor from a foreign land. The newcomer was poor and seemingly on his deathbed, but Myojin gave everything he had to help the man who had come to town, even to the point of sacrificing his own well-being for the stranger. As Myojin's health failed, the foreigner finally revealed himself as a great spirit from the Nothl Realm, who had been testing Myojin's goodness and hospitality. He told Myojin of dire news from the world at large, of wars and rumors of wars, of plagues, famines, and judgments. He also offered Myojin the power at his disposal, if Myojin swore to uphold justice and protect the meek. Thus was the Ghost Monk born.

Abilities:

Q - Forceful Palm (Active)(Single Target)
Target creep or hero is sent flying back in the direction away from you 100 units plus an additional ten times your Intelligence units. The target is mini-stunned for .4 seconds. This movement can send a creep or hero over any kind of terrain and through obstacles, and any trees in the flying unit's path will be destroyed. If the pushed unit hits any trees, creeps, or heroes during its movement, it takes both 20 damage and an additional .3 second mini-stun per obstacle hit.
Has no effect against magic-immune targets. Linken's Sphere blocks this spell.

Cast Range: 150
Cooldown: 10 / 9 / 8 / 7
Mana Cost: 75 / 100 / 125 / 150

W - Phantom-Limb Flurry (Passive)(Self-Only)
Every successful auto-attack made by Ghost Monk grants him one stack of Flurry. Each stack of flurry gives him +1/2/3/4% Attack Speed, +2/4/6/8 Damage, and +1/2/3/4% Movement Speed. Each stack lasts for six seconds, and Ghost Monk can have a maximum of 3/4/5/6 stacks at any given time.

E - Shield of Blows (Passive)(Self-Only)
Gives Ghost Monk a chance on each auto-attack to gain magic immunity for 1 second. The chance to proc depends on the number of stacks of Flurry he has, which is 1/2/3/4% chance per stack.

R - Ghostly Assault (Active)(Single Target or Specified Direction)
Ghost Monk becomes invisible after a delay of .25 seconds and sprints towards the target or in the specified direction at 600 movement speed. The target or the first hero in that direction is then dealt damage equal to Ghost Monk's Agility plus his Intelligence, as well as being disarmed for 3/4/5 seconds and slowed by 10% for the duration. Ghost Monk is then granted one stack of Flurry.
This ability can hit units that are invisible or under the effects of a Ghost Scepter or similar item. Invisible units are rendered visible for the duration and units under the effects of a ghost scepter are purged of that effect. Targets that are magic immune do not take the damage and are not slowed, but are disarmed. Linken's Sphere will block this spell.
If Ghost Monk specifies a direction to move in and doesn't encounter a hero for the duration, he simply moves to the edge of the cast range and stops, becoming visible again after a delay of .25 seconds.

Cast Range: 500 (900 with Aghanim's Scepter)
Cooldown: 30 / 20 / 10 (25 / 15 / 5 with Aghanim's Scepter)
Mana Cost: 50 / 100 / 150

===

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to read this.

===

Edits: Increased cooldown on Q skill from 10/8/6/4 to 10/9/8/7

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » April 20, 2013 8:47pm | Report
I love this hero idea! However, I think his first skill is a little too spammable.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » April 21, 2013 3:19am | Report
This is quite good.However his ultimate is resembles Ember Spirit's one.I know its not meant to be like that,but the low cooldown and low mana cost makes it such.Perhaps buff up his ultimate and increase the cooldown-manacost on it?

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » April 21, 2013 7:16am | Report
Yeah, that was a little too spammable on his Q. Thanks for pointing that out.

I looked up Ember Spirit's ult (I didn't actually know what it was) and it is somewhat similar to this one, I must say. Though you could also say that Ghost Monk's ult is similar to Spirit Breaker's, Storm Spirit's, and Huskar's ults as well. I wanted this skill to be on a shorter cooldown because it doubles as his escape mechanism if he gets in trouble, so I'd be hesitant to beef it up if it meant increasing the cooldown. If anything, I'd prefer to just swap out one of the things it currently does for something else. If you have any suggestions for beefing it up or otherwise altering it, I'll listen. I'll think of how I might buff it up as well.

Also, thanks so much for the interest and feedback! I really appreciate the help.

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » April 22, 2013 2:09am | Report
I love the idea too! Looks like a very fun hero to play with. Perhaps decreasing the cooldown on his Q skill and removing the stun will make for interesting movement play (such as pushing someone out of battle, and then jumping on them with your ulti), if you have a lower CD on it.

I like the passive too, very interesting. And not really that OP, as disables will make him lose stacks and weaken him.

Edit : Although, if he manages to get stacks up, with that Aspd boost and 20% chance to get magic immunity, he might start to get very OP early in the game. Slightly balancing for the passive might be in order. Such as lowering the chance of proccing slightly.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » April 22, 2013 7:24am | Report

I love the idea too! Looks like a very fun hero to play with. Perhaps decreasing the cooldown on his Q skill and removing the stun will make for interesting movement play (such as pushing someone out of battle, and then jumping on them with your ulti), if you have a lower CD on it.

I like the passive too, very interesting. And not really that OP, as disables will make him lose stacks and weaken him.

Edit : Although, if he manages to get stacks up, with that Aspd boost and 20% chance to get magic immunity, he might start to get very OP early in the game. Slightly balancing for the passive might be in order. Such as lowering the chance of proccing slightly.

You know, that would be rather fun to have his Q just be a movement tool. Like a force staff, but it can't be used on himself. I'll definitely consider it, though I would like to keep at least the original mini-stun, so that it disrupts TPs. Still, I like the idea.

As for the stacks, I had originally intended for him to be one of those guys who sucks until he gets going, since he has to get off a few right-click attacks before he gets good. I think I probably made him a little too good once he does get going, though, because once he gets full stacks he could theoretically be constantly magic immune if he's just auto-attacking. Then again, that wouldn't be so different from a BKB if you popped it during a fight... Hmm. I think what I might do is decrease the max number of stacks he can have from 6 to 5; that way, his AttSpd isn't quite so ridiculous and his chance for proccing immunity is decreased. Alternatively I could decrease the duration of his magic immunity per proc, maybe have it at .5 seconds instead of 1. Any opinions?

And again, thanks for the feedback!

Edit: Actually, I just ran some numbers, and it's not quite as OP as I thought. His flurry bonus at max stacks nets out to about +60-70 AttSpd if we're being generous,which would leave him sitting around 350 AttSpd, which is approximately .37 attacks per second. At max stacks the chance to proc immunity is 24%, which equates to him not quite having a 100% chance of immunity.
I realize that that is still quite powerful, but I don't know if it deserves a nerf or not. I'll think about it. If I do nerf it, I'll probably just change the duration of the immunity to .1 seconds per stack.

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » April 23, 2013 9:26am | Report
I saw something just now that does justify him even better. Being an Int hero does help a lot to make him less powerful. He wouldn't have that much of a Aspd to start with, and his attack would be lower if you bought Agi-based items for him.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » April 23, 2013 2:20pm | Report

I saw something just now that does justify him even better. Being an Int hero does help a lot to make him less powerful. He wouldn't have that much of a Aspd to start with, and his attack would be lower if you bought Agi-based items for him.

Yep, that's what I was aiming for. As an int hero, he would benefit more from an Orchid than a Butterfly, since he doesn't get damage from agi. Plus, with the high mana pool he ends up with, spamming his positioning spells would be easier.

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved