Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Crystal Abomination (Not a hero)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » The Crystal Abomination (Not a hero) 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » November 16, 2014 2:29pm | Report

The Crystal Abomination

How to Spawn It

Fist you need to buy a Crystal Corrupter. This can be bought at the secret shop for 700 gold. Secondly, have the Crystal Corrupter in your inventory, and attempt to pick up the rune (right clicking it). Instead of taking the Rune and getting its effect or putting it in your bottle, The Crystal Corrupter will destroy the Rune, and summon the Crystal Abomination instead. The Crystal Corrupter will be destroyed after use. The Crystal Corrupter is destroyed if not used after 6 minutes.

AI

The Crystal Abomination is Neutral, but will attack any Hero that comes near him (about 600 range). The Crystal Abomination will randomly move around in a 1000 radius of its spawn place. Attack pattern will be explained in the next bit.

Stats and Abilities

Level: 50
Health: 10,000 Mana: 0
Health Regen: 50 Mana Regen: 0
Health Regen when No Hero is Around: 1000
Damage: 175-225(+20 for each hero fighting it) Attacks/Second: 0.75
Attack Range: Melee Move Speed: 300
Armor: 5(+10 for each Hero fighting it)
Magic Resistance: 98.5%
Also Crystal Abomination cannot be targeted by Creep Controlling speels, and is unaffected by most passives. ( Fury Swipes, Untouchable, Critical hits, bash...etc pierce)

Cutting-Edge

Passive

Gives Crystal Abomination a 27% chance to critical hit dealing 175% damage

Crystal Bomb

Active

Crystal Abomination drops a bomb on the floor in front of him. The bomb explodes after 3 seconds, dealing 350 magic damage to all enemies in a 400 radius.

This spell will only be cast when the user is under half health.
CD: 6 seconds

Crystal Explosion

Active

After 1 second, Crystal Abomination will release an explosion that deals 450 magic damage to any hero in a 400 radius of him.

This spell can only be used when under half health.
CD: 10 seconds.

Crystal Ending

ACtive

Crystal Abomination drops a Crystal Beacon. The Crystal Beacon heals Crystal Abomination.

This spell can only be used when under 25% health. One beacon can be placed at a time.
CD: 80 seconds

Crystal Beacon

Health: 2000
Mana: 0
Regen: 0 (mana and health)
Armor: 15+(3 for each Hero attacking)

Crystal Beacon will heal Crystal Abomination by 500 health every 5 seconds, and until Crystal Abomination is above half health. When Crystal Abomination is above half health, Crystal Beacon will die.

Drops and Bounty

Crystal Abomination gives 500 gold to every hero on the side that killed it. The Hero who did the most damage, (on the side that killed it), gains an extra 250 gold. The Crystal Abomination may also drops Crystal Slicers (40%) and Crystal Staff (40%) or both (20%)

Crystal Slicer

Active: Every 30 seconds, the user critical hits, dealing 400% damage. Each time it critical hits, it takes up one charge. There are 4 charges. When there are no charges, this item is destroyed.

+20(+1 damage for each minute after creep spawns, timer starts when creeps spawns not when the item is picked up)

This item disappears after 5 minutes.

Crystal Staff

Active: Deals burst damage in a 400 AoE. Each burst takes up one charge. There are 4 charges. When there are no charges, this item is destroyed.

Damage: 450
Cast Range: 600
Mana Cost: 200
Cd: 20 seocnds

This item is destroyed after 5 minutes.
Before you ask why, think for a moment, why not.

Scezory

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » November 16, 2014 4:26pm | Report
Very interesting! It's sorta like Roshan in the sense that you fight it with your whole team to get rewards. I also like the item drops, powerful, but not too much so since they have a chance to not drop at all. Very very cool, would like to see more boss neutral type enemies in the game for sure!

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » November 16, 2014 6:17pm | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

Very interesting! It's sorta like Roshan in the sense that you fight it with your whole team to get rewards. I also like the item drops, powerful, but not too much so since they have a chance to not drop at all. Very very cool, would like to see more boss neutral type enemies in the game for sure!

Thx!
But do you have any suggestions for the balancing?

Scezory

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by vroomndie » November 16, 2014 10:15pm | Report
magic immunity...you forgot...should not b able to b dominatrd by hodt enchentress chen

vroomndie

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » November 17, 2014 3:33am | Report
Great idea! This will makes the game more interesting.

Here is my thoughts:
  • Reduce the money cost, 1500 is too much (roshan is free to kill), and with a shared restock cooldown of 10 minutes on both sides (same as roshan).
  • Upon purchasement, both team will be warned.
  • If the Crystal Corrupter is not used for 6 minutes, it is destroyed.
  • The summoning of Crystal Abomination has a 3 seconds delay.
  • Bounty golds is quite a lot. But with a higher price comes greater rewards right? Though if the Crystal Abomination is killed by the other side it will be a huge lost for the team who purchased the Crystal Corrupter, so everyone will think twice before buying it.
  • Share the same traits with roshan. ( magic block, cannot be dominated, illusions cannot attack it )

Of course it is just suggestions, you can take it or not.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » November 17, 2014 6:05pm | Report
MrLocket wrote:

Upon purchasement, both team will be warned.

Can you explain why the other team would need to be warned?

Since you need to spawn it at a Rune, i would think that the enemy should have vision of it.

Scezory

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » November 17, 2014 7:13pm | Report
Not sure if I like this idea... sure, the abomination deals a lot of damage with his attacks and spells and takes much effort from a team to kill, but is it worth it? The most common place to ward is at the rune, which is where this thing spawns. Basically, the abomination aang the team trying o kill it is in full view of the enemy team most of the time. Since the abomination deals a **** ton of damage and has so much health, the whole team will be crippled unless they have a lot of items. Even Ursa can't apply Fury Swipes to it, making it way harder to kill. I know that's your point, but imagine low health heroes clustering together around a rune spot. Unlike when you're doing Roshan, you're visible if the enemy team has wards. Seriously, the enemy can just take their time until the team has no health, then initiate with an Earthshaker or Tidehunter and wipe the whole team.

Even if you do get the kill on it, the carry probably has to abandon one of his core items to pick up the Crystal Slicer, so they'll need the courier to be present, and this makes killing the abomination even riskier. Still, the supports can pick up the Crystal Staff and the whole team will get at least 500 gold.

In conclusion, I think that the risks far outweigh the rewards, no matter how great they may be, by putting the team in a dangerous position while at low health. I'm sure no pro team will buy the Crystal Corruptor unless they're stomping, in which case they would probably still win anyway.

Sorry if I came off a bit harsh, but this is my view of the item and the abomination. I still think the concept is interesting, and with a bit of work, it can still be possible. But making a 10000 health creature doing about 275 damage per second is not the solution, I feel.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » November 17, 2014 8:49pm | Report
Scezory wrote:

Can you explain why the other team would need to be warned?

Since you need to spawn it at a Rune, i would think that the enemy should have vision of it.

Both team are warned when the Crystal Corrupter is purchased, not when Crystal Abomination has been summoned. When the Crystal Corrupter is bought, both team will begin to apply pressure on both rune spots. Crystal Corrupter's holder will not summon Crystal Abomination until his enemy team has been wiped out aka gain full control of the rune spots.

If both team still applying pressure on the rune spots after 6 minutes, the weaker team will stop the summoning of Crystal Abomination successfully and thus, the stronger team will lose 1500 golds. Also if I'm going to summon Crystal Abomination I will make sure there is no ward in both rune spot so the enemy team doesn't know where I am going to summon Crystal Abomination and eventually ends up splitting their team scouting both rune spots.

Conclusion :
To kill roshan, you need : Speed, element of surprise, visions.
To kill Crystal Abomination, you need : Strength, decision, teamwork.

Side note : Any team can still aware that Crystal Corrupter has been bought by simply looking at the secret shop right? ( assume both shops shares the same cooldown )
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » November 18, 2014 1:42pm | Report
I don't want a giant message so i wont't quote MrLocket and Porygon.

To MrLocket,

Ok, i get your point now.

To Porygon,
I see you point with the creep being OP.
So would these ideas make it better? (also Fury Swipes does pierce, passives like Counter Helix don't

-spawn from a rune IN a bottle
-Lower the health to under 40,000, but retain the damage (kinda like a glass cannon)
-Lower Crystal Slicers damage, and crit, but make it a permanent item

Scezory

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved