Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Squeelch, The Ectoplanarian

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Squeelch, The Ectoplanarian 3 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Interesting?
Yes.
Boring.
I'll tell you what it needs to be interesting...
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 13, 2013 4:53am | Report

Squeelch, The Ectoplanarian

Dire Strength
"Blades and weapons are mere playthings to the likes of my species."

Base health

: 606

Base mana

: 234

Base damage

: 57

Base armor

: 1

Attacks per second

: 0.6

Base attack time

: 1.7

Cast time

: 0.3

Movement speed

: 290

Range

: Melee

Vision range

: 1800/1000

Strength

: 98 (24 +3.1)

Agility

: 39 (13 +1.1)

Intelligence

: 58 (18 +1.7)

Lore:
Planarians are a race of flat, worm-like creatures that live in the midpoint between the Swamp of Melancholy and one of the many Gates of the Underworld. They have the ability to regrow loss limbs, and reproduce by breaking off parts of their body, which would grow into adult planarians in a few weeks. No other creature resides in the midpoint, so finding food is a daunting challenge for the carnivores. Many would go for weeks at a time without anything to eat, and material debris flung into the midpoint is their only consistent source of nourishment. After centuries of mutations and natural selection, a species of planarian has evolved. These creatures have adapted to consume the very spirits that venture in and out of the Gate of the Underworld. The ectoplasmic energy contained within them has allowed them to grow much bigger than their smaller ancestors, and their blood contains extremely potent hyper-regenerative properties. The new and deadly species is now known as the "Ectoplanarian".

Q: Regurgitate
Type: Target-Point
Affects: Enemies
Damage: Magical
The Ectoplanarian sprays volatile acid onto the target area, dealing damage per second and applying a tapering slow to affected enemy units. Requires health instead of mana to use.
- 500 range
- 275/300/325/350 radius
- 70/90/110/130 health cost
- 20/40/60/80 damage per second
- 40% tapering slow
- 4 second duration
- 20/17/14/11 second cooldown

Ectoplanarian stomach acids are specially adapted to digest immaterial souls passing into the underworld.

Notes:
Destroys trees in the area.

W: Spectral Blood
Type: Passive
Affects: Self
Damage: Pure
When the Ectoplanarian is hit by a physical attack, the spilt blood quickly repairs its body over a short duration. The process releases waves of ectoplasmic energy around it, dealing damage to enemies coming in contact with it.
- 50% chance
- 15/20/25/30% of damage taken converted to health per second (30/40/50/60% total heal)
- 15/20/25/30% of damage taken converted to damage per wave (30/40/50/60% total damage)
- 1 wave per second
- 2 second duration
- 2 second cooldown

Breaking the skin of Ectoplanarians only assists in mending it.

Notes:
The heal is stackable with itself.
Both the heal and damage tick down at the same time.

E: Extreme Mitosis
Type: Toggle
The mutated cells of the Ectoplanarian divide at a quicker rate, greatly increasing his health regeneration at the cost of some mana per second. Cannot be used while in combat.
Active
- 2/2.5/3/3.5% of max health as health regeneration
- 16 mana per second
- 5 second combat cooldown

The dark, spiritual energies venting out from the Gate of the Underworld have been responsible for the species' fast evolution.

Notes:
Only works on physical damage.
Automatically toggles off when the Ectoplanarian is attacked by a hero.

R: Spawn Mini
Type: No Target
CHANNELED - The Ectoplanarian loses health per second over a short duration, producing a mini at the end of the duration. The mini is a smaller version of the Ectoplanarian. The mini has health based on the health lost while channeling, and is completely separate from the original. Minis can recombine with the original, increasing the Ectoplanarian's health based on the current health of the mini. Minis can be killed, and will give a bounty to the hero that did it. The mini lasts forever until it has been killed or recombined with the Ectoplanarian.
- 50 health lost per second
- 4 second channel duration
- 2/2/3/3 max minis
- 2 second cooldown
- Mini
- 200/250/300% of health sacrificed as max health
- Melee
- 60/80/100 damage
- 340 movement speed
- 0.8 attack per second
- 900 vision range
- 50 gold bounty
-Abilities
Q: Vicious Pounce: Fueled by a hunger for souls, the mini jumps towards the target that it has been commanded to attack and gains double the attack speed for 3 seconds. 12 second cooldown.
W: Ectodermis: The mini's tough skin provides it with 40% magic resistance.
E: Recombine: Causes the mini to walk towards the Ectoplanarian and recombine with it, increasing its health by 25% of the mini's remaining health.
Upgradable by Agahnim's Scepter
- Maximum number of minis increased to 3/3/4/4
- Health sacrifice is now 3% max health per second
- Mini damage increased to 80/100/120

Enemies find that slicing them into little pieces only proves redundant...

D (subskill): Recombine
Commands the nearest mini to combine with the Ectoplanarian, increasing its health by 20% of the mini's remaining health.

... As they can combine together without much effort.

Notes:
Minis do not gain experience for the Ectoplanarian.
When the Ectoplanarian dies, all minis die.
Leveling Spawn Mini will add a point in recombine.

Please leave feedback :)

Also, for those who are wondering, a planarian is a species of flatworm, most possessing regenerative abilities.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » June 30, 2013 3:38pm | Report
You know, this guy is one of the most interesting concepts I've seen on the forums. I really like his E skill, being essentially a HoT, especially since it's such an amazing skill. I'm not sure if it's OP, since it does drain mana, but you might want to do some theoretical calculations with those numbers to make sure it's still fair. It does help that only physical damage regens, though. :/

The Spawn Mini ult is hilarious. I'd like to play him just to try that out for myself, as it reminds me somewhat of Visage, who is a character that I enjoy playing for lulz.

As a whole, his skills are fairly straightforward and balanced. I like it.

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 30, 2013 11:24pm | Report
Crazy Tom wrote:

You know, this guy is one of the most interesting concepts I've seen on the forums. I really like his E skill, being essentially a HoT, especially since it's such an amazing skill. I'm not sure if it's OP, since it does drain mana, but you might want to do some theoretical calculations with those numbers to make sure it's still fair. It does help that only physical damage regens, though. :/

The Spawn Mini ult is hilarious. I'd like to play him just to try that out for myself, as it reminds me somewhat of Visage, who is a character that I enjoy playing for lulz.

As a whole, his skills are fairly straightforward and balanced. I like it.

True, Extreme Mitosis might need some tweaks to its mana cost to be balanced, since it is a free Heart of Tarrasque. Besides, the only one of his skills that requires mana is Extreme Mitosis.

It's nice that someone likes it, thanks for the feedback :)

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved