Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sphinx

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Sphinx 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » April 29, 2013 4:43pm | Report
Sphinx, the Lord Librarian
The Radiant
Intelligence Hero
Ranged (600 Range)
Support

Str: 20 + 2.2 per lvl
Agi: 16 + 1.4 per lvl
Int: 25 + 2.6 per lvl

Starting HP: 530
Starting Mana: 325
Base Armor: .6
Base Attack Time: 1.7
Base Damage: 41 - 50
Base Movement Speed: 300

Lore:

Sphinx makes her home in the Great Library, a vast space in between worlds where the collected works of the universe are stored for safekeeping. She also travels the worlds in search of scholars from far and wide to study under her, in the hopes of disseminating all knowledge to all who care to seek it. During her many sojourns, she has become known across the universe for her love of riddles and mind puzzles, often blockading passes in mountains and otherwise extorting locals for knowledge. At heart, though, she has only one true goal: total and instant intercommunication of all knowledge to all beings. Sphinx takes the idiom of 'Knowledge is Power' to a whole new level.

Abilities:

Q - Disseminate (Active, Channeled)(Single Target)
You or target allied unit is teleported to any point on the map where you have vision.
Has no effect against magic-immune targets. Linken's Sphere does not block this spell.

Channel time: 7/6/5/4
Cast Range: Global
Cooldown: 50
Mana Cost: 200 / 225 / 250 / 275

W - Scrying Eyes (Passive)(Global Aura)
All allied units receive 150 / 300 / 450 / 600 bonus vision range. Creeps receive only half of the bonus. Grants Lord Librarian true sight in a small radius around her- 200 / 400 / 600 / 800.

E1 - Clairvoyance (Active)(Single Target)
When cast on an allied or enemy unit, this spell grants vision and true sight around the target in a radius of 100 / 200 / 300 / 400. Lasts 10 / 14 / 18 / 22 seconds. Goes through magic immunity, but Linken's Sphere blocks this spell.

Cast Range: 800
Mana Cost: 40 / 60 / 80 / 100
Cooldown: 16*

E2 - Clairvoyance (Active)(Point Target)
When cast on a point on the map, this spell grants vision of the target area in a 300 / 600 / 900 / 1200 radius. Lasts for 60 / 120 / 180 / 240 seconds.

Cast Range: 800
Mana Cost: 100 / 175 / 250 / 325
Cooldown: 32*

*NOTE: Sphinx's E skill functions similarly to Chen's Test of Faith, where he has two separate skill icons, but a level in either will level up both. Also, the two skills share a cooldown, so using one will put both on cooldown.

R - Omniscience (Active)(No Target)
Grants complete vision of the entire map for 10/15/20 seconds. All enemy invisible units are revealed for the duration and all enemy illusions are dispelled for the duration.

Cast Range: N/A
Cooldown: 150 / 120 / 90 (120 / 90 / 60 with Aghanim's Scepter)
Mana Cost: 200 / 400 / 600 (100 / 200 / 300 with Aghanim's Scepter)

===

Any feedback and opinions are greatly appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to read this!

===

Edits: Upped cooldown on Q skill to 50 from 30 and on E2 to 32 from 16.

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » April 29, 2013 5:18pm | Report
Disseminate is incredibly OP, IMO. That's almost a free Wisp ulti, even better in some ways, especially with such a short cooldown.

Also, on E1 "When cast on an allied enemy unit" Wut.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » April 29, 2013 7:34pm | Report
Atlas wrote:

Disseminate is incredibly OP, IMO. That's almost a free Wisp ulti, even better in some ways, especially with such a short cooldown.

Also, on E1 "When cast on an allied enemy unit" Wut.

True. Would you suggest more cooldown/mana cost or decrease the range to something shorter (like 600 or so)? I'm not sure which one would be more appropriate.

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by frogger_29 » April 29, 2013 8:13pm | Report
I think this hero's main role in the team is to constantly provide vision of the map so that supports don't have to buy wards anymore. However, I think this hero might be underpowered because she lacks disables and nukes. Her 1st skill, Disseminate is also incredibly random and has very limited uses. If you wanted your ally to escape, you might get lucky and your ally will be teleported to your base or fountain. But if you get unlucky, your ally will be teleported to the enemy base instead, which is completely possible since her ult provide vision all over the map. Also, the vision that his E2 provides lasts too long for such a low cooldown, even the vision provided by Clockwerk's Rocket Flare lasts only 10 seconds. Her ult, in my opinion, is kinda useless because her E2 could possibly cover the whole map with such a low cooldown, as previously mentioned.

TL;DR: Her 1st skill is too random, her E2 lasts too long, her ult is kinda useless.

frogger_29

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » April 29, 2013 8:28pm | Report
frogger_29 wrote:

I think this hero's main role in the team is to constantly provide vision of the map so that supports don't have to buy wards anymore. However, I think this hero might be underpowered because she lacks disables and nukes. Her 1st skill, Disseminate is also incredibly random and has very limited uses. If you wanted your ally to escape, you might get lucky and your ally will be teleported to your base or fountain. But if you get unlucky, your ally will be teleported to the enemy base instead, which is completely possible since her ult provide vision all over the map. Also, the vision that his E2 provides lasts too long for such a low cooldown, even the vision provided by Clockwerk's Rocket Flare lasts only 10 seconds. Her ult, in my opinion, is kinda useless because her E2 could possibly cover the whole map with such a low cooldown, as previously mentioned.

TL;DR: Her 1st skill is too random, her E2 lasts too long, her ult is kinda useless.

Yeah, I got the idea for this hero after playing five games in a row as Crystal Maiden hard support... I was so sick of buying wards by the end that I was like "There should be a hero like this!"
Anyway, I wasn't intending on having her Q skill be a random destination, but rather a point that you designate. I had forgotten that Wisp's ult was similar but with a much higher cost/cooldown, otherwise I would've based it more closely to that. Well, then again, Nature's Prophet has that TP of his. :/

As for her E2, it does kinda need a cooldown increase. Probably closer to 30 or 40 seconds.

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » April 29, 2013 11:20pm | Report
Nice idea, keep up the good work :)

P.S DIE PHANTOM LANCER >:D

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » April 30, 2013 7:43am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

Nice idea, keep up the good work :)

P.S DIE PHANTOM LANCER >:D

Thanks, and yeah, I think that PL and Siren could use a counter that's a support hero (as opposed to having to use Medusa or Outworld).

Thanks for all the feedback, guys!

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved