Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sathrass, the Bone God

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Sathrass, the Bone God 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » February 21, 2015 3:20am | Report
Simply put, the entire concept behind this Hero is to create a late-game monster who can go toe-to-toe with the likes of Void, Medusa and Spectre. With that in mind, he's designed around the three principles of a hard carry (unkiteability, damage, presence) and has a new mechanic the balance of which I'm not sure about.

With the explanations done, here is Sathr***, the Bone God.

Dire Agility

Base Health: 473
Base Mana: 182
Base Armour: 5
Base Damage: 45-47
Base Attack Time: 1.55
Range: 450
Movement Speed: 305
Sight: 1800/800

Strength: 62 (17 + 1.8)
Agility: 79.75 (21 + 2.35)
Intelligence: 54 (14 + 1.6)

Appearance
Similar to the Avatar of Hakkar from WoW, except bulkier, spikier, and more mutated - think of a cross with Visage and Shadow Fiend.

The Avatar of Hakkar for those wondering:

Lore
In the Scintillic Wastes, farther even than the Djinns of Khaldeen dare tread, there is a temple to a dark god. Though it has fallen into ruin, its catacombs still hum with unnatural life. For the service of the god's disciples does not end in death.

Undead priests and mage-scholars ceaselessly toil underground for the fortune of their deity, seeking to replicate his last command: to bring him into the world. For this quest was the temple destroyed, and it was thought that the saga had ended there.

Yet the legions of dead do not forget their lord. In recent days, the rituals have reached a fever pitch, and erupted into the world Sathr***, the physical manifestation of a god. Yet the god of violence had his new form corrupted by the very nature of his summoners: rather than clad in raw-red skin and dripping blood, the stark white of bone was his composition. To restore him to true life and his full power, the blood of the living was needed. And thus began a crusade of violence, where no living mortal is safe, and the end of the crusade may herald the end of the world itself...

Q: Rending Shards
Affects: Enemy units
Damage: Magical
Pierces Spell Immunity: Yes
Sathr*** unleashes a spray of bone from him, dealing minor damage and reducing the armour and damage of enemies hit. Sathr*** gains a temporary movement speed bonus after casting Rending Shards.
Damage: 50/80/110/140
Armour Reduction: 3/4/5/6
Damage Reduction: 10%/14%/18%/22%
Speed Bonus: 7%/9%/11%/13%
Duration: 4/5/6/7
Mana Cost: 95/100/105/110
Cooldown: 17

W: Fracture
Type: Passive
Pierces Spell Immunity: Yes
The strikes of the Bone God have two individual chances to fracture, hitting a second time equal to his base damage.
Chance to Fracture: 9%/12%/15%/18%

NOTES: A double fracture can occur if both rolls succeed.
Only affects base damage, such as from stats.
Does not benefit from orb effects or damage modifiers, such as critical strike.

E: Swooping Strike
Pierces Spell Immunity: No
Sathr*** swoops forward in a line, slashing all enemies he passes with razor-edged wings. Enemies hit by the swoop take damage based on Sathr***' own base damage.
Damage: 80%/95%/110%/125% of base damage
Swoop Distance: 600/700/800/900
Mana Cost: 135/160/185/210
Cooldown: 35/27/19/11

NOTES: Sathr*** may cast and attack while Swooping.

Ultimate: Bone Shield
Affects: Self
Type: Passive
Pierces Spell Immunity: No
The god is protected by shards of bone, which grant him bonus Health and base damage based upon his Strength. If he takes a certain amount of damage, a layer of bone shatters, dealing damage in a wide area around him, reducing the further the explosion travels.
Bonus Health per Strength: 3/5/7
Bonus Base Damage per Strength: 0.4/0.6/0.8
Shatter Threshold: 500
Maximum Damage: 75/125/175
Minimum Damage: 20/35/50
Radius: 1100

NOTES: Illusions gain the bonus Health and damage, being base damage and Health.
Damage reduces linearly starting at 150 units.
Reponses
Spawning

Beginning the Battle

Moving

Attacking

Casting a Spell

Casting Rending Shards

Casting Swooping Strike

Killing a Hero

Killing a Rival

Levelling up

Dying

Respawning

Respawning Quickly

So, as with most hard carries, he has some illusion synergy through Bone Shield and the general want to build stat items to increase the effect of Fracture and Swooping Strike. Sathr*** has a grand total of 5 different damage steroids, high mobility, and is incredibly tanky with a couple of items. However, his stat gain is mediocre, his lane is very average, and until he gets items he is very squishy and he suffers from a slow farming speed.

Items would probably include Manta, Butterfly, Heart/Skadi, BKB and Satanic.

Changelog
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » February 22, 2015 12:53am | Report
So I did some premeditated nerfs to his ult. Hopefully something resembling balance now.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 22, 2015 1:08am | Report
nice idea.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » February 22, 2015 7:44am | Report
See, with Dusa, all three stats benefit her. This hero... well...
With Spectre, he kills people by people attacking her, just build HP and destroy with illusions.

The thing with Bone Dude is that he can't constantly right-click/deal damage to all heroes at once, like Spec and Dusa.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » February 22, 2015 10:35pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

See, with Dusa, all three stats benefit her. This hero... well...
With Spectre, he kills people by people attacking her, just build HP and destroy with illusions.

The thing with Bone Dude is that he can't constantly right-click/deal damage to all heroes at once, like Spec and Dusa.

Bone Shield actually does a ****ton of AoE damage, that's why I nerfed it. When 6-slotted he has about 4k HP, which pre-nerf worked out to 2000 (!) AoE magic damage reducing with distance. Now it's 'only' 1400. The fact that he gets damage from both Agility and Strength, and that he would build stat items to make the most of Fracture and Swooping Strike (the latter of which is area damage) generally mean that his illusions will hurt rather a bit too.

Also, many hard carries are single target. Terrorblade, Naga, PL, Chaos Knight, Faceless Void, Morphling... in fact the only ones that deal respectable area damage are Spectre, Medusa and Gyro.

Sathr*** is definitely a hard carry (I did the maths, he scales like a monster), but the bit that's open for debate is where he stands in the 17. I'd say at least top 5.

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » February 23, 2015 7:02am | Report
I respect that fact that Bone Shield deals a lot of damage.

But the damage type bothers me. Magical damage that is blocked by BKB. So... I have five seconds to kill you, or at least remove some layers.

Also, you said it would stand up to Medusa and such. I still think Dusa would be a better hard-carry.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 23, 2015 9:01am | Report
^spectre's damage is blocked by BKB too :D

I did the real calculations (yeah, your lies hold no weight Terath!)

Level 25 sethr***. with manta, butter, Heart, BKB, Satanic.

Strength : 17 + 1.8 * 25 + 9 = 17 + 45 + 9 = 71 str.

+ 10 (manta) + 40 (heart) + 10 (BKB) + 25 ( Satanic) = 71 + 85 = 156 str

total health = 150 + 300 (HoT) + 156 * 19 = 3414 health + 156 * 7 = 3414 + 1092(from ultimate passive) = 4506 health.

now, 4506 / 500 = 9 bone shields = 9 * 175 = 1575 magic damage!

There you go.

Also, bonus math!

total attack damage from the build = base attack damage of 46 + 88.5 (from base agi) + 26(manta) + 60(butter) + 20 (satanic) + 24 (BKB) = 264 damage + 156 * 0.8 = 264 + 124.8 = 388.8 damage.

Also, total damage from swooping strike = 486 damage. if it was total damage.
total damage from swooping strike = 46 + 88.5 + 16(manta) + 30(butterfly) = 164 *1.25 = 205 damage if it is only base damage.

Average DPS increase from fracture : 10% (approximately) Conclusion : fracture is ****.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » February 24, 2015 1:04am | Report
Are you counting that the damage from Bone Shield is base damage?

I calculated his stats when I made the Hero, they stand as:

With Boots of Travel, Manta Style, Butterfly, Eye of Skadi, Black King Bar and Satanic:

Strength: 62 + 90
Agility: 80 + 101
Intelligence: 54 + 55

Health: 3288 + 1064 (from Bone Shield)
Mana: 1537
Armour: 28 + 5
Damage: 206 (+121) + 79
Attack Speed: 0.47

(remember that Heroes get +20 to all stats from levelling stats)

This works out to:
-409.5 damage from Swooping Strike. This is area damage that will probably hit at least two people/5 bots kappa
-327 base damage. That's kind of a lot considering that his illusions get this.
-Fracture can hit twice. It's two 11% chances, so if you fail one roll, the second can succeed... and if boths rolls succeed you just hit them for a bonus 654 damage. This spell is the one thing I didn't calculate and it does sound kinda ****ty so maybe will buff that.

His EHP is very high with the huge armour, lifesteal and Bone Shield bonus HP which is basically a free Heart.

The fact that Bone Shield damage is BASE damage was very carefully calculated to give his spells additional scaling. So I think you're underestimating the scaling a bit.

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 24, 2015 1:33am | Report
So, Fracture...

1-(1-0.11)^2 = 20% chance to proc at least once
0.11^2 = 1.2% chance to proc twice
So 19% chance to proc once and 1% chance to proc twice

Average damage increase :

0.19*1+0.012*2 = 21%

This is pretty much a crit essentially, and it increases your damage by 21% in average.

In comparison Daedalus crit increases your damage by 35% in average.

Only question is...does it apply to only your right-click, or does it apply to any damage you deal (with swooping strike and bone shield)?

If it only increases your right click, the skill is pretty weak, especially since it doesn't work with crit. If it synergises with the rest of his skillset, it can be really strong or even OP.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » February 24, 2015 2:07am | Report
Ok, so if Fracture was changed to an 18% chance, that would be around a 36% increase? Sounds more reasonable, considering it just works from rightclicks. I'll go for that.

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved