Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Rough Hero Concept Sheet - Kharsen the Tactician

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Rough Hero Concept Sheet - Kharsen the Tactician 6 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Does This Hero Sound Good (Even for a rough idea)?
Yes.
No.
I have mixed opinions.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Equestrium » February 20, 2015 8:35pm | Report
Hero Concept Sheet - Kharsen the Tactician
[Hello everyone, I have an interesting idea for a new hero in Dota 2, even if it's just a concept and would never get added. I want to remind everyone that this is purely the concept sheet, and if this gets enough likes, I would like to put it up on the workshop OR just send the idea straight to Valve. I don't plan on making money from the hero if it does get added in the distant future, I just want to make something everyone can enjoy.]

Description
Kharsen the Tactician is a ranged intelligence hero that excels in disabling and ganking heroes, provided they're in the right place at the right time. When used strategically, he can disable multiple heroes and stop ambushes.

Kharsen the Tactician
"Tactics are everything in war. Remember that."

Roles - Disabler/Ganker/Support/Pusher

Lore - Born in the outskirts of the Bleeding Hills, Kharsen, along with his parents, were outcast from their small society of half-hill trolls and were forced to live within the barren desert that lay beyond the village. At a young age, Kharsen was taught how to trap and hunt animals by his father, who was growing old and no longer had the strength to do so himself. Enamored by emotions that filled him every time he successfully caught his prey and brought home food, Kharven began to see his capabilities as a hunter, and even impressed his father with his skills. When he became an adult, Kharven was accepted back into the village he parents had been outcast from, but only if he provided them with food.

However, war soon struck the Bleeding Hills as thieves took the underdeveloped societies for granted, stealing from those who couldn't defend themselves and slaying those who attempted. Kharsen's mother and father, being defenseless one cold desert night, were slain by the thieves. Kharsen swore revenge upon the very thieves that had murdered his parents, and did what he could to defend the villages that he was now accepted in. Purchasing many books from travelling salesmen, Kharsen built traps and machines that would aid in the war against the thieves.

For years he fought, planting trip wire and building what he could from the small amount of resources he was given, and was soon recognized for his intellect and tactics. He became known as a tactician to both his enemies and his own people. When the war ended, the last of the thieves dying from Kharsen's traps, he lost most of his purpose for life. He later joined in the effort against the Sentinel, becoming apart of the Scourge.

Stats
Strength - 17 + 1.5
Agility - 18 +1.8
Intteligence - 23 + 3

Hit Points - 473/967/1416
Mana - 299/910/1495
Damage - 48 - 55/95-102/140-147
Armor - 1.52/5.83/10.62
Attacks / Second - 0.69/0.88/1.08

Movement Speed - 270
Turn Rate - 0.5
Sight Range - 1800/1200
Missle Speed - 900
Attack Duration - Unknown
Cast Duration - Unknown
Base Atttack Time - 1.7
Collision Size - Unknown

Abilities

Know Thy Enemy
Ability - Target Unit
Affects - Enemies
Damage - N/A

Kharsen understands what he is up against, revealing the weak points of his enemy to his allies.

Cast Range - 600
Number of Targets - 1
Armor Reduction - 3/5/7/9
Duration - 10/15/20/25
Cooldown - 40 Seconds
Mana Cost - 100/120/140/180

Blocked by Spell Immunity - Yes

Powder Grenade
Ability - Target Point
Affects - Enemies
Damage - Pure

Kharsen throws an explosive powder grenade which explodes soon after. Enemies in the explosive radius are damaged and the area is covered in smoke, reducing sight and hit rate.

Cast Range - 1000
Effect Radius - 450
Damage - 20/30/40/50
Sight Reduction - 200/400/600/800
Miss Chance - 10%/15%/20%/25%
Ally Miss Chance - 10%/8%/6%/4%
Duration - 8
Cooldown - 20 seconds
Mana Cost - 75

Blocked by Spell Immunity - No

Additional Info - Initial explosive damage and sight reduction has no affect on allies, but the miss chance does.

Trip Mine
Ability - Target Point
Affects - Enemies
Damage - N/A

Kharsen places down a trip wire mine, waiting until an enemy breaks the wire. When tripped, the mine explodes releasing a bright flash in a wide area, blinding enemies for a short time.

Cast Range - 50
Effect Radius - 1500/1600/1700/1800
Duration of Trap - 600
Duration of Blinding - 5
Miss Chance - 90%
Cooldown - 60
Mana Cost - 150/175/200/225
Max Traps - 3

Blocked by Spell Immunity - Yes

Additional Info - The trap is cast directly from Kharsen in a line, like a directional spell. The flash produced from the trap turns enemy screens white for 5 seconds, though they can still attack and cast spells that don't require a specific target. The trap can also be rewired if seen by an enemy (requires True Sight to be seen), in which a melee attack upon the trap will rewire it, causing it to be trippable (and invisible) by the Tactician and his allies.

Sentry Tower
Ability - Target Point
Affects - Enemies
Damage - Physical

Kharsen places down the same kind of mini sentry tower he used to defend his homeland. (Upgradable by Aghanim's Scepter)

Cast Range - 100 (200)
Effect Radius 700 (1000)
Duration of Tower (Active) - 30 (40)
Duration of Tower (Dormant) - 300 (600)
Cooldown - 120 (80)
Mana Cost - 200/225/250 (300)
Max Sentry Towers - 1/2/3 (4)

Blocked by Spell Immunity - No

Mini Sentry Tower

Hit Points - 400/450/500 (600)
Mana - N/A
Damage - 50/100/150 (200)
Armor - 4/6/8 (12)
Attacks / Second - 0.59/0.75/0.90 (1)

Movement Speed - 0
Turn Rate - N/A
Sight Range - 700/700 (1000/1000)
Sight Range (Dormant) - 400 (600)
Attack Range 700 (1000)
Missle Speed - 900 (1000)
Attack Durration - Unknown
Cast Duration - Unknown
Base Attack Time - 1.7
Collision Size - Unknown

Additional Info - Mini Sentry Towers look like a much smaller version of team towers, and don the same look as well. They can be placed and then selected by Kharsen, which can send them into a dormant state, which allows them to automatically activate when an enemy gets within range. Invisible units will NOT trigger the tower, and towers can be cast upon, attacked, and stunned. The tower is invisible until triggered, and once triggered cannot become invisible again. Once triggered, the tower will attack any enemy close to it, and choses the target closest to attack first. Towers give 75 gold when destroyed. Towers do not offer True Sight, but are affected by True Sight.

[This is a very rough concept sheet, and is expected to change. Is there anything you liked or disliked about it? Constructive criticism is welcome! Thank you for reading!]

Equestrium

Steam: Equestrium
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » February 21, 2015 12:11am | Report
Moved to hero ideas.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » February 21, 2015 6:18am | Report
180 mana for 9 armor reduction?! Slardar's ultimate is 20 armor reduction for only 25 mana!

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Equestrium » February 21, 2015 7:36am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Moved to hero ideas.

Thank you, I had no idea there was a hero ideas thread! Would you mind linking it to me?

Equestrium

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Equestrium » February 21, 2015 7:39am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

180 mana for 9 armor reduction?! Slardar's ultimate is 20 armor reduction for only 25 mana!

Well, like I said it's a pretty rough idea at best. I'm just wanting some general feedback right now, things that are obviously a little outrageous will be changed before the idea gets submitted to Valve IF it gets enough support. If the absolute best occurs, I can fins someone willing to help me create the hero and put it in the workshop. But before that happens, working out the kinks is certainly a good thing. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. :)

Equestrium

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Equestrium » February 22, 2015 2:28am | Report
Equestrium wrote:

Thank you, I had no idea there was a hero ideas thread! Would you mind linking it to me?

Nevermind, I'm an idiot and can't read, apparently.

Equestrium

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved