Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ring of Aquila + Poor Man's Shield | Claws + OOV + Gloves of Haste

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Ring of Aquila + Poor Man's Shield | Claws + OOV + Gloves of Haste 1 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mikeyson3 » July 27, 2016 10:20am | Report
Not necessarily these items, but something along these lines. I feel like Ring of Aquila should grow into something? Perhaps? I love this item. Good early game bang for the buck (along the lines of Helm Of the Dominator, Soul Ring, etc).

I also think it would be cool to add another early game haste item for guys who love Phase Boots/Boots of Tranquility (me). I love these 2 boots. Probably because I used power treads for years playing WC3 and they got boring.

Worth stating I am a casual player. Less than casual, binges here and there but not consistent. So I am no expert on this game. (But again, played since early dota 1, when there was only clinkz, crystal maiden, good vs bad, etc -- the originals).

I also did not put too much thought into these, but again, just the concept of Ring of Aquila going into something, and another form of early game haste (using Gloves of Haste). I find myself going Phase Boots to (eventually) Maelstrom/Mjollnar wayyy too often if I want that cheap 20% haste early game w/out the treads. (Drums of Endurance as well -- stopgap of sorts) The other two options are both very hero/play-style specific items:

-Hand of Midas
-Armlet of Mordiggian

Here goes:

1. Ring of Aquila + Poor Man's Shield

[Cobalt Gauntlets] (1735)
+15 Damage
+15 Agility
+5 Int
+5 Strength
Aura Mana Regen .65
Aura Armor 3
MELEE DAMAGE BLOCK: 22
RANGED DAMAGE BLOCK: 11
CREEP BLOCK CHANCE: 60%
HERO BLOCK CHANCE: 100%
(I also was thinking make the block an aura, or a fraction of it (similar to Pipe of Insight) .. perhaps OP early game?)

=

-Ring of Aquila- (985)
+ 10 Damage
+ 3 Strength
+ 9 Agility
+ 3 Intelligence
AURA MANA REGEN: 0.65
AURA BONUS ARMOR: 2

+

-Poor Man's Shield- (500)
+ 6 Agility
MELEE DAMAGE BLOCK: 20
RANGED DAMAGE BLOCK: 10
CREEP BLOCK CHANCE: 53%

+

-Cobalt Gauntlets Pattern- (250)
Bonus: (+5 damage, +2 int, +2 str, +1 aura armor,
+2 melee block, +1 ranged block, +7% creep block chance)

2. Gloves of Haste + Claws of Attack + Orb of Venom

Acid Infused Claws | Claws of Venom , etc (rename) (1195)
(alternate form of haste for early game melees looking to gank)
+ 20 Attack Speed (+5?)
+ 10 Damage
*Melee Only Bonus* (can re-balance, did not think these #s over)
POISON DAMAGE PER SECOND: 8
POISON MELEE SLOW: 16%
POISON DURATION: 4

=

Gloves of Haste (500)
+20 Attack Speed

+

Orb of Venom (275)
POISON DAMAGE PER SECOND: 3
POISON MELEE SLOW: 12%
POISON RANGED SLOW: 4%
POISON DURATION: 4

+

Blades of Attack (420)
+9 Damage

mikeyson3

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved