Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Possible Terrorblade Rework?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Possible Terrorblade Rework? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » December 16, 2014 5:11am | Report
I've heard some talk a while ago about Sunder being a sub-par ultimate that is only useful in certain situations, while Metamorphosis seems more fitting to be his ultimate. In this rework, only Sunder and Metamorphosis will be touched and nothing else.

New Sunder (non-ultimate)
Type: Target-Unit
Affects: Heroes
Reduces a percentage of the target hero's health and increases Terrorblade's health by the same percentage. After a short duration, this effect wears off.
- 500 cast range
- 25% health switch
- 10/12/14/16 second duration
- 0 mana cost
- 30/27/24/21 second cooldown

You may notice that this spell is similar to mortal strike, and it is. With the nerf to his pushing power in the early game in 6.83, he must adapt to become some sort of fighter or be a useless AFK farmer for 20 minutes. With this change, he can take on enemies LIKE A MAN without getting bursted down even in the early game. Now on to Metamorphosis!

New Metamorphosis (ultimate ability)
Type: No Target
Affects: Self
Terrorblade transforms into a powerful demon with a ranged attack.
- 0.35 second transformation time
- 50/80/110 base damage bonus
- 422 attack range bonus
- No base attack time change
- No movespeed loss
- 50 second duration
- 50 mana cost
- 140 second cooldown

With Metamorphosis buffed and now an ultimate, I think that Terrorblade would become a more complete hero.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » December 16, 2014 8:27am | Report
New sunder : Does the increased/decreased amount base on max HP or current HP? Does the increased/decreased amount will also damage/heal the same amount like Death Pact? Or same as Power Treads which will maintain same percentage after changes?

New metamorphosis : I suggest that increase the bonus damage of 1st level so it provides same bonus damage ( or near to it ) as before at level 6, like 60/85/110 bonus damage.

Blue stick upgrade! Reduce the cooldown time to 75 at all levels.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » December 16, 2014 8:51am | Report
Ok
Here's my idea towards morphosis

Let that meta morph damage increase become agi increase for the duration of ulti.
So you get 50/80/110 agi for 50 seconds.
Also base attack time scales from 1.55/1.35/1.15.

To sunder abilty, might i suggest he takes 25% of the enemies Max hp and makes it his own permanently? So to make an illuatration, if centaur has 3000 max hp tb gains 750 hp from centaur even of entaur is low and centaur loses 750 hp. If centaur is lower than 750, he dies. And if tb has missing hp lesser than 750hp, he gains to the fullest hit points he had. Its like a hybrid of sunder and reapers scythe. It's also reminiscent of lvl death.

The cd and mana cost can decrease progressively as you level it up.

The metamorphosis damage already increases his base attack so changing it into agi is kinda sensible. He will, naturally, gain 110 attack speed lategame.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » December 16, 2014 5:03pm | Report
First question, why are there two cool downs on New Sunder?

Secondly,
I feel like Metamorphosis could be buffed a bit. Drow's ult passively gives the same amount of damage (once you take her aura into account), and grants attack speed plus armor. I think changing the damage to a percentage of your current damage (150%/200%/275%), or grant Agility instead would be better.
Before you ask why, think for a moment, why not.

Scezory

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kentard » December 16, 2014 6:26pm | Report
If you're looking into buffing his early game presence, I assure you that a bonus 120 damage from a maxed Metamorphosis is more than sufficient to secure good kills. Functionally, he can act as an AFK-farmer, as you said, but he can also double up as a pseudo Templar Assassin.

The reason why Mortal Strike was removed is because, functionally, it's not very fitting for Wraith King. The health steal is always a bonus, buttaking away the critical strike mechanic does more harm than help, eespecially mid-late. Your reworked Sunder, I assume, seeks to address that, but do keep in mind that, at best, it's similar to a lackluster Decay. You're better off using the illusions as a survivability mechanic.

My second contention is with your Metamorphosis. That is Terrorblade's real early game buff, and allows him to outfarm and outpush at all stages of the game. Limiting it to an ultimate ought to have some payoff for the inability to effectively double your DPS by Level 5, e.g. adding the bonus as magic damage to all illusions, but dealing only 33% damage to towers.
Nice mask, they said.

What mask?

Kentard

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved