Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Percentage-Based Radiance?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Percentage-Based Radiance? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bananane » January 26, 2013 7:15am | Report
Hey. Here to talk about one of the most situational items in the game, Radiance!! It falls off so bad late-game, only really works early-mid, and needs good farm to build up. Viable choice for guys like Bloodseeker, Weaver, Doom, Alchemist, but wouldn't it be better as a percentage based thing? I know it was like that before in an ancient version but they nerfed it back, because Radiance functions as a toggle spell that costs 5k gold. If it would only scale.. any thoughts?

POTATO

Bananane

Notable (1)
Steam: [HD] Prometheus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 26, 2013 8:06am | Report
It still gives +60 damage.It is half decent.Also,it melts creepwaves and illusions,so if you're up against Phantom Lancer,feel free to get it if you have the farm for it.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 26, 2013 8:12am | Report
That's the whole point of Radiance, they even nerfed it to put more pressure on rushing it. If you want a percentile drain then Necrolyte has his passive. Radiance is more of a farming tool or anti-summon/illusions, with a few exceptions.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bananane » January 26, 2013 3:14pm | Report
But is it really worth it? I guess it is against illusions and for farming, but does it make you more of a target against others? I mean, if you're squishy as a wet tissue and you have radiance, wouldn't they gun for you first?

POTATO

Bananane

Notable (1)
Steam: [HD] Prometheus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 27, 2013 9:06am | Report
Bananane wrote:

But is it really worth it? I guess it is against illusions and for farming, but does it make you more of a target against others? I mean, if you're squishy as a wet tissue and you have radiance, wouldn't they gun for you first?

That is why tanky people are used to carry radiance.Good example of this would be alchemist.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 27, 2013 9:26am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

That is why tanky people are used to carry radiance.Good example of this would be alchemist.

or Doom.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Whated » January 27, 2013 12:30pm | Report
xCO2 wrote:

Wulfstan wrote:

or Doom.

or bear
If the day should ever come when we must go, if some day we are compelled to leave the scene of history, we will slam the door so hard that the universe will shake and mankind will stand back in stupefaction.
Joseph Goebbels

Whated

Notable (12)
Steam: Whated
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved