Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Metis, Bearer of Light and Wisdom

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Metis, Bearer of Light and Wisdom 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CombustibleLemon2 » May 28, 2015 12:04am | Report
Lore: WIP

Concept: The goal of this hero is for a powerful (yet extremely squishy) support hero who is able to use vision to their advantage but is also able to do a lot of nuke damage, with decent disable and zoning mechanisms. The first skill for me is a standard nuke, albeit heavy on the damage side but also heavy on the mana, but is good for chasing through the fog of war. The goal for the second skill, is to be able to provide a nice single target stun for cancelling tps and providing some disable, it does not damage, but it has the unique mechanic of reducing the enemies vision to zero. This mechanic is not always useful (especially in lane where there are creeps) if used against a hero that is solo, it can potentially prevent the enemy team from knowing how many people did manage to gank that hero, if the hero is killed quick enough, limiting counter gank potential. The third spell, is mainly for scouting and zoning enemy heroes, with a fair 10% slow that can even be used offensively. The sphere is also pretty good for pushing, as you can place it on your entire team to heal them as they attack the tower, it does not work on towers however :). The ultimate is my favorite part of the hero, which is almost like a drawn out sand king ultimate that can be placed on other heroes! This is great for initiation with tanky heroes such as Axe and centaur, as the buff is cancelled upon the hero's death. However it is slow to deal damage and can be blocked by bkb (however it cannot be purged), so it has it's problems, but it can potentially turn an entire fight around if used on the right hero!

Tell me what you think!

Hero Type: Intelligence
Base Attack Damage: 20 - 25
Base Armor: 0
Base Attack Time: 1.6
Attack Range: 800
Missile Speed: 1000
Cast Time: 0.2
Strength: 16 + 1.4
Agility: 20 + 1.1
Intelligence: 30 + 2.6
Base movespeed: 300

First Skill: Heaven Bolt
:single target:dmg pure:psi:no:cast
A beam of light is hurled in front of Metis dealing massive damage, enemies hit by the beam give off a small aoe of vision
Cast Range: 700
Beam damage:50/145/230/350
Vision Aoe:200
Vision Duration: 5 seconds
Mana:100/130/160/190
Cooldown: 17/15/12/10
Missile Speed: 1000
You can target any area on the ground for an additional 100 range, however this becomes a straight skillshot missile where the dmg and debuff is only applied to the first unit in the path of the beam.

Second Skill: Flash of Revelation
single target:psi:no
Target unit is stunned for a duration, they also disappear from their friendly minimap and have their vision reduced to zero
Cast Range: 700
Stun duration: 1.1/1.5/1.9/2.3
Cooldown:20/17/15/12
Mana: 130

Third Skill: Light Sphere
:Target ability:psi:no
Causes an area to be bathed in light granting vision and bonus hp regeneration to allies, making enemy units miss their attacks and slowing them.
Cast Range: 900
Aoe:500
Hp regen: 5/10/15/20 + 1% per second
Blind: 20/30/40/50%
Slow: 10%
Duration: 10/12/15/17
Cooldown:50
Mana:100/110/120/130

Ultimate: Light Prodigy
Targets allied unit: dmg: magical: psi: no
Blesses an allied unit with Light Prodigy Buff. Units affected by the buff gain bonus movespeed and emit a radiating light that deals damage over time in an aoe.
Cast Range: 400
Damage per second: 50/100/150
Bonus movespeed: 20%/25%/30%
Duration: 12
Aoe: 450
Buff effect delay: 2 seconds
Mana: 100/200/300
Cooldown: 90
Aghamins: Increases damage over time to 100/150/200, and adds hp regen of light sphere of the current level, and gives the effected unit flying vision

CombustibleLemon2

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by IgnoranceIsBliss » May 28, 2015 1:56am | Report
hmm, here is what i think.
all spells are pretty good i think just buff the range of heaven's bolt so it can be used to reach fast running enemies like bs or wr. also the ulti is basically sandking but sandkings damage per pulse is 110 while yours is 100 but sandkings pulse numbers are 6/8/10 while yours is 6/12/18. i suggest keeping it the same but change the pulses into to damage per second kind of like radiance so it wont be to similar to existing heroes.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you can solve your problems, then what is the need of worrying?
If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

Hero Ideas:
Daemon, The Headhunter
Nuegar, Mercenary of the Ruins
Dues, The Elemental Magus
Zermunt, The Plague Doctor
Alphyria, The Lady of the Skies

IgnoranceIsBliss

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CombustibleLemon2 » May 29, 2015 3:44pm | Report
Ya thanks!!! I was wondering how to make it different other than the fact it could be placed on another hero, the damage over time sounds pretty good, as for the range, maybe a slight increase, but the amount of nuke damage is really high so too much can make the spell a bit broken.

CombustibleLemon2

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by IgnoranceIsBliss » May 30, 2015 2:08am | Report

Ya thanks!!! I was wondering how to make it different other than the fact it could be placed on another hero, the damage over time sounds pretty good, as for the range, maybe a slight increase, but the amount of nuke damage is really high so too much can make the spell a bit broken.

i looked at it again and i must say, it looks pretty good, keep up the good work ;)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you can solve your problems, then what is the need of worrying?
If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

Hero Ideas:
Daemon, The Headhunter
Nuegar, Mercenary of the Ruins
Dues, The Elemental Magus
Zermunt, The Plague Doctor
Alphyria, The Lady of the Skies

IgnoranceIsBliss

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved