Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Keith Denkeinhen - Darkwoods Mercenary

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Keith Denkeinhen - Darkwoods Mercenary 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by completenoob1 » March 27, 2013 1:43am | Report
Hey guys, this is my 2nd hero idea and it is going to be quite an interesting one. i like the concept although it may seem OP and I understand it will most likely need number tweeks. Constructive cristism is always welcomed. Also, if you haven't seen my first hero idea, Phrouser, and would like to see it, here's the link
http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/forum/hero-and-item-ideas/phrouser-the-great-dark-comsic-knight-2666

Summary
Keith is a hardcore hero killer. He doesn't have spells that enhance ganking capabilites and mobility unlike bounty hunter. In fact, if you have judged him to be someone like bounty hunter you have judged this hero really wrongly. He is designed to out fight heroes in almost any kind of situation when it comes to a 1 on 1. To me, a mercenary is someone well equiped for the job, that means well eqquiped for handling different tasks. Think you have outrun him? he will shoot you. Think you can chase him down? think again. Think you can out blast him? he will make you feel sorry. Think you will outhit him? you're in for a bad shock. He will be hard to master, especially since all his spells are active and he can have mana shortages because of this. Also, well-eqquiped means knowing how to use your arsenal, don't expect an easy to use spell that works everytime

Lore: Summary( cause i have no time) born inside a line of mercenaries infamous for the murder of many important figure heads an known for turning the tides of war. Keith joins the war with an arsenal of weapons for the reward of freedom from his destined fate; be a mercenary for the rest of his life before his children become mercenaries as well.

appearance: just imagine a guy, with leather clothing and weapons all around him, cool? let's continue( I'm short of time ><)

stats:

Str: 20 + 2.0
Agi: 26 + 2.8
Int: 22 + 2.0
Starting health: 495
starting mana: 250

spells

Q. Living spear
Keith coats his spear with a potent venom that becomes more and more deadly the longer the distance travelled by the spear. Spear travels a max distance of 1000 and has 800 missle speed, it hits the first target it lands on(skillshot)toxin does DoT and if target is below 30% health after spear damage, slow is applied
damage of spear: 100/150/200/250
DoT of venom: distance divided by 100/80/60/50 + level of skill per second for 5seconds
slow: slows 30/40/50/50 + 3seconds added to venom at last level when slow is applied. slow lasts 5 seconds only
CD: 20/18/16/14 seconds
manacost: 150/160/170/180

W. Imperfect hermes' boots
Keith wears a prototype version of Hermes boots that has been past down throught the Denkinhen line in times of emergency. Boosts movement speed and gives evasion when activated
increased ms: 50/60/70/80
evasion chance: 30/30/30/30%
can be triggered only when below: 30/40/50/60% max health
duration: 5/5/5/5 seconds
CD: 60/48/36/24 seconds
manacost: 50/60/70/80

E. Gasbang
Keith tosses a blinding concoction that blurs vision and silences opponents cannot be used while hermes' boots is activated
Miss chance of oppenent: 20/27/34/41% chance
duration of silence and miss chance: 4/5/6/7 seconds
CD: 40/35/30/25
manacost: 100/110/120/130

R. Sleight of Tomahawk
Keith hides a secret tomahawk that he uses when the right time comes for him to land a deadly surprise. Automatically activates when an enemy hero attacks him while he is below 300 health. When automatically activated, the tomahawk does pure damage and the cooldown for the next tomahawk is reduced by half. This ability works on spells as well, will not be triggered if Keith does not have at least 50 mana. If triggered automatically, it goes through magic immunity and linken.
Damage of tomahawk: 275/400/500
cooldown: 70/60/50
manacost: 50/50/50

completenoob1

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 27, 2013 4:23am | Report
This is indeed quite interesting, but I have some comments.

Firstly, Living Spear looks too much like a cross between Mirana's spear and Enchantress' impetus. Gasbang and Sleight of Tomahawk also also overlaps greatly with Riki's smoke and Axe's culling blade (without the instakill below **** health) respectively. Also, I want to know the actual role of Keith. Is he a ganker, support, carry... (I believe he is a ganker)? From his stat gain I can tell that he is an agility hero, but is he?

I want to know what you think of my comments. Please note that I am posting this to try to improve your hero/ make it look more original. I understand that you have time constraints (we all have), so just post back if you have time. No hard feelings :3

A positive note: Imperfect hermes' boots are good, although I think you should remove the evasion, lower the speed boost slightly and add one cliff jump per activation instead (so good positioning will be rewarded), which can be increased by level or something.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by completenoob1 » March 27, 2013 6:56am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

This is indeed quite interesting, but I have some comments.

Firstly, Living Spear looks too much like a cross between Mirana's spear and Enchantress' impetus. Gasbang and Sleight of Tomahawk also also overlaps greatly with Riki's smoke and Axe's culling blade (without the instakill below **** health) respectively. Also, I want to know the actual role of Keith. Is he a ganker, support, carry... (I believe he is a ganker)? From his stat gain I can tell that he is an agility hero, but is he?

I want to know what you think of my comments. Please note that I am posting this to try to improve your hero/ make it look more original. I understand that you have time constraints (we all have), so just post back if you have time. No hard feelings :3

A positive note: Imperfect hermes' boots are good, although I think you should remove the evasion, lower the speed boost slightly and add one cliff jump per activation instead (so good positioning will be rewarded), which can be increased by level or something.

Well yes, gasbang is quite obviously a single target riki smoke, it's not original but it definitely serves its purpose as an anti-nuker spell, which is really what it's meant to be. I mean, riki, phantom assasin and chaos knight all have a blink strike of sorts, which isn't original but their blink strikes all serve a purpose, I need you to understand that Gasbang, although unoriginal, has to stay.
Second, about tomahawk, I kinda disagree with it being an axe ultimate, axe is about bringing the enemy down and tanking everyone so that the team can win. Culling blade is just the irritating bonus. However, tomahawk is really about winning tough fights and coming back up, it is a spell that I think really completes him, unlike axe who really doesn't need culling blade to achieve his game purpose.
About Hermes boots, thanks, I will do that when I have the time, also, about living spear, I guess I'll nerf it a a bit to make it more original.
Now, the point on what kind of hero he is. Firstly, he is agility based. Second, whether he plays as a gank/support/carry, Is really up to you, he doesn't have what gankers have, which is constant mobility/invis. second, he doesn't really have what carries have, dps buffing passives. Third, as a support, you can obviously see his shortcomings. He is meant to be versatile and adaptable. That is the main point, but if I have to categorize him, I'd say ganker/ carry

completenoob1

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 27, 2013 8:02am | Report
Living spear should be renamed. Otherwise, it would be perfect (albeit slightly overpowered) :)

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eternalinfinity » April 9, 2013 12:31pm | Report
I like this hero. Living spear would be killer!

Eternalinfinity

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved