Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Item Ideas (note the "s" behind Idea)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Item Ideas (note the "s" behind Idea) 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Muscle Relaxer » July 8, 2012 8:47am | Report
A mana burn item (not like diffusial!). Similar to nerubians mana burn, the active spell is to reduce a targets mana by so much e.g 200 mana. Good for initiation battles or reducing mana from heroes who rely on mana to escape such as Antimages blink. Possible items need to make it: Mystic Staff + orb of venom + recipe

A poison item (attack modifier). The item will induce a poison attack which deals damage over time as well a active skill of inflicting 50% slow onto a single target. This could be an upgraded version of the Rod of Atpos (the item which cripples a target)+ orb of venom + recipe.

A mana draining aura item. This could be the Radiance twin item which is targets the heroes mana instead of HP. Item build could be a Mystic Staff + Mana stone + recipe

I would like to see these items in the game to even out the playing field a bit

Muscle Relaxer

Steam: tnguyen_45
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » July 8, 2012 8:56am | Report
One thing I would like to see is perhaps a support item that allows you to place 1 ward every 6 minutes.

Components:

Bracer - 525
Sobi Mask - 325
Recipe - 300
Total - 1150

(Name)
+6 all stats.
+50% mana regen.

Active: Place one Observer Ward every 6 minutes.

Would be a very handy support item.

I think there was something like this in LoL, but it wasn't really a support items.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by WorkPants » July 8, 2012 10:39am | Report
Atlas wrote:

One thing I would like to see is perhaps a support item that allows you to place 1 ward every 6 minutes.

Components:

Bracer - 525
Sobi Mask - 325
Recipe - 300
Total - 1150

(Name)
+6 all stats.
+50% mana regen.

I think there was something like this in LoL, but it wasn't really a support items.

Wriggle's Lantern is the LoL equivalent of this. The item you have listed seems relatively balanced, it provides 33.33333333333333 GPM and as such would pay its Recipe off in a bit less than 10 minutes.

WorkPants

Notable (7)
Steam: Work Pants
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by WorkPants » July 8, 2012 10:39am | Report
Atlas wrote:

Components:

Bracer - 525
Sobi Mask - 325
Recipe - 300
Total - 1150

(Name)
+6 all stats.
+50% mana regen.

Wriggle's Lantern is the LoL equivalent of this. The item you have listed seems relatively balanced, it provides 33.33333333333333 GPM and as such would pay its Recipe off in a bit less than 10 minutes. I'm not sure if a ward-generating item actually deserve a place in this game though.

WorkPants

Notable (7)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » July 8, 2012 4:22pm | Report
WorkPants wrote:

Wriggle's Lantern is the LoL equivalent of this. The item you have listed seems relatively balanced, it provides 33.33333333333333 GPM and as such would pay its Recipe off in a bit less than 10 minutes. I'm not sure if a ward-generating item actually deserve a place in this game though.

Is that calculating that it's only half a normal set of wards, also?

And I don't know, it wouldn't be gamechanging or anything, but I could see it picked up on pretty much EVERY babysitter, as it would give you practically infinite map awareness on one specific spot, but as a support of that nature, it would take a while to get the gold for the item in question.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by WorkPants » July 8, 2012 10:22pm | Report
Atlas wrote:

Is that calculating that it's only half a normal set of wards, also?

And I don't know, it wouldn't be gamechanging or anything, but I could see it picked up on pretty much EVERY babysitter, as it would give you practically infinite map awareness on one specific spot, but as a support of that nature, it would take a while to get the gold for the item in question.

I was not calculating that correctly, my mistake. If the item only generates one Observer Ward every six minutes, then it provides an effective 16.66666666666667 GPM.

The main issue with this item balance-wise is that it transcends that in-built limitation on how many Observer Wards can feasibly be placed on the map at one time (four).

WorkPants

Notable (7)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Muscle Relaxer » July 13, 2012 7:03pm | Report
Hmm... a ward generating item. It would be very convenient for those who are suppose to ward, but in the end, to get the full effect of the wards, you would need to buy them manually. One ward every 6 minutes wouldn't provide the sight which you team may need.

Muscle Relaxer

Steam: tnguyen_45
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mamfbr » July 27, 2012 8:41am | Report
i dont think that this ward item is a good idea. one of the bad points of having wards is the lost item slot. with this item, you would save a item slot, which could be used to another bracer or sentry wards/dust/smoke. it would be imba if more than one hero buy it, because you could get 3~9 wards at the same time, which is almost global vision for 6 minutes, meaning triple push without the fear of ganks. unless somehow you restrict to one per team.

@topic
the mana radiance is a good idea, and would be a very interesting item for competitive. but it would be very difficult to balance it.

mamfbr

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved