Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Item idea Twilight Staff

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Item idea Twilight Staff 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SilencersCurse » June 9, 2014 12:56pm | Report

Twilight Staff

Items
Ghost Scepter 1600
Shadow Amulet 1600
Total: 3200

Stats: +10 all stats

Active: Remove yourself and a target to another plane for up to 8 seconds, while removed both the caster and target cannot effect or be

effected by the game, they can effect each other, should either of the two die the effect will end immediately. The effect lasts for half as long if

cast on an allied hero and it grants +30 attack speed and +10 movement speed to the caster while removed.

Cooldown: 45 seconds

Description
Imagine two heroes locked onto another plane, the map looks the same except it has a blue tint kinda

like being stuck in a large chronosphere and you can see what everyone else is doing, you can still move

and do anything you could in the primary realm except you are unable to effect anyone outside that

plane, if used on an allied hero it can be used to escape, as players cannot see or interact with

targets in the second plane, if a player in the second plane moves from a tier 1 tower to a tier 2 tower

when the effect ends they will be where they moved to and not where they where removed, if the target of

the removal is an enemy hero and the enemy hero kills the caster the effect will end immediately and the

hero will return to the primary plane and vice versa, both players have true sight in the second plane.

Changelog: Reduced removal duration to 8 seconds on enemy heroes and half on allied heroes.
:::::::::::::::While removed the item grants +30 attack speed and +10 movement speed to the caster.

Balance

Items

Null Talisman 470
Wraith Band 485
Bracer 525
Magic Wand 500
Recipe 500
Total: 2480

Stats
+15 all stats
+9 damage

Passive: gain 15 life and mana when any visible hero casts a spell in a 1200 radius.

Active: Become immune to debuffs for 4 seconds, but all magical damage against you becomes pure damage.

Cooldown: 30 seconds

Description
The active effect does not make you magic immune only immune to most debuffs like, stuns,silence,slows

or damage over time effects, but only if the damage over time effect is not already on the hero at the

time of activation, the hero will still take all forms of magical damage.

Changelog: While under the effect of the active all magical damage taken becomes pure damage.

Ancient Defender

Description:
A powerful tower capable of absorbing large amounts of punishment. the tower is designed as a quick post for defence. The Ancient Defender was masterfully crafted to be heavily fortified but lacks all forms of offence, the tower was imbued with magic that forcefully draws its enemies to attack it (Does not work on heroes).

Statistics:
Cost: 150
Health| 1000
Armor| 30
Sight| 250
Effect| Taunt

Effect: Emits a pulse of energy that forces nearby creeps to attack the Ancient Defender. Pulses in a 450 AOE (Does not work on heroes).

Notes: The Item can be bought only 1 time once per player, the tower lasts 10 minutes, it does not give detection, the item is designed to

reduce the devastation that losing a barracks can have by having something that will prevent creeps from

running rampant in your base while your occupied, it could also be used as a way of early jungling with

most heroes and could be used in other various ways as well. The taunting effect of the tower means it

will have a short lifespan if left to defend alone as it will pull creep aggro off your allied creeps.

The tower rewards 150 gold from being destroyed by enemy players.

Iron Knight

Helm of Iron Will 950
Chainmail 550
Broadsword 1200
Buckler 800
Boots of Speed 450
Gloves of Haste 500
Cloak 550
Total: 5000

Description: Upon creation of the item the Iron Knight will automatically be summoned at the casters side, it can be controlled but can not be resummoned in anyway other than Lifeless. The Iron Knights appearance is that of the combination of all its item parts except for some default Chainmail Greaves.

Stats
Life 1500
Mana 500
Armor 15+2
Damage 98-100+18
Attack speed 1(+ Gloves of Haste)
Magic resist 15%
Life regen 3hp
Movement speed 300+50
Aura: +5 all stats +3 armor

Heavy Blow deals 150 damage and stuns the target for 2 seconds.

Range: 350

Manacost: 75

Cooldown: 15 seconds

Nobel Blood

Passive: Iron Knights attacks have a 25% chance to deal 40 additional damage and restore 3% life and 2% mana to himself.

Pursuit

Passive: The Iron knight gains movement speed for every second in pursuit of an enemy, the buff is removed upon reaching the target, gains 10% move speed per second.
Active: The Iron Knight pursues the caster gaining movement speed until it reaches the caster.

Lifeless

Active: the Iron Knight is not a living creature but one of magic, upon death the knight will simply dismantle, until reactivated at which time it will invoke a 30 second summoning to be revivied.

SilencersCurse

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sinured » June 9, 2014 1:09pm | Report
it seems way to powerful. and i cant imagine how it should fit in the game :D with Io who is never alone it would be a musthave in my opinion. Add a break if tp is used like for ghost scepter

Sinured

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SilencersCurse » June 9, 2014 1:13pm | Report
Think it would be more balanced with a higher cost, say a 1k recipe or something, i think its a luxary item for supports for sure and would be more suited to solo gankers like bounty hunter or maybe pudge.

SilencersCurse

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheBamtan » June 9, 2014 2:44pm | Report
The balancing could come from adding an Ultimate Orb to the recipe to add the +10 stats to the item. Looks like a 5300 Gold item to me.

TheBamtan

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SilencersCurse » June 9, 2014 2:48pm | Report
Stats come from the ghost scepter though

SilencersCurse

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » June 10, 2014 6:56am | Report
Personally, I like both items. However, for the Twilight Staff, you don't have it give +30 attack speed from the Shadow Amulet. IDK if that was intentional or not, but I figured I'd point it out. As for the active effect, I like how it takes after both the ghost scepter's and the shadow amulet's actives and merges them together. It's definitely too long, though, I think 5 or 6 seconds would be much fairer. Perhaps the cooldown could be increased as well, since it basically is a free 'get out of gank free' item unless the enemy team ganks you twice in less than 40 seconds.

As for Balance, I really like the item, though I don't understand the active portion. From what I understand, when you activate it you can't get any debuffs while it's on. If that's the case, I feel like this is a very nutty item as it would cause each team's supports to be able to cast all their spells in a fight without getting stunlocked, but it would also make each team's spells uneffective for that exact same reason. It's a good item, but I think the cooldown should be increased a bit, as it is also a free 'get out of gank' item (you can TP out with no fear of being stunned while it's on).

And finally, I love how you built both of these with items that only have one build path.

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SilencersCurse » June 10, 2014 12:54pm | Report
Thanks for replying, i understand how the first item would be very powerful especially to avoid ganks, i think i will make some changes and the second item still causes spells to deal full damage i think i know a way to make them both more balanced

SilencersCurse

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved