Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hicks- The Gold Miner

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Hicks- The Gold Miner 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crunchies » April 15, 2013 12:45am | Report
Dire- Strength
Description: Gold miners only think about themselves, as does Hicks, who would do many things just to get a small amount of gold. Lately he has heard tales of heroes who have rich and bountiful supplies of gold and now he sets off, determined to kill and take other peoples gold for himself.

Base Strength: 20+ 3.40
Base Agility: 13+ 2
Base Intelligence: 17+ 2.50
Base Armor: 1.86
Base Speed: 305
Base Damage: 68
Range: Melee
Weapon in hand: Pickaxe (Steel)

Spells:

Gold Rush:
Summons a mountain of fake gold to engulf an enemy, dealing damage and mini stun, interrupting channeling.
Damage: 150/250/350/400
Mana: 110/130/150/160
Cool-down: 34/27/20/13
Range: 450/500/550/600

Income:
Passively gain bonus unreliable gold when killing a enemy, denying and lose less gold when dying.
Killing Extra Gold: 10/20/30/40
Dying Loss Gold: -20/-30/-40/-50

Force Tremor:
Slams your pickaxe into the ground, creating tremors that stuns the enemy for each tremor, allowing better damage. Tremor stuns do not stack.
Mana: 120/135/150/165
Extra Hit Damage: 10/15/20/25
Tremors: 3/4/4/5
Stun Time for each Tremor: 0.75/1/1.25/1.5
Time between each tremor: 1
Duration for extra hit damage: 8
Radius: 600
Delay: 0.6

The Fools Gold:
Stop every player except yourself from being able to get gold, unreliable and reliable for a certain amount of time, however, Gold Miner gets 10 extra gold every second.
it also mini-stuns, interrupting channeling.
Mana: 100/50/0
Cool-Down: 100/80/60
Duration: 5/6.5/8

Notes: Easily beaten with silencer, as Hicks relies on a gold rush to start or end a battle, also when ganged on Hicks falls easily.
Hicks is a great counter to heroes with low hp especially people who need items to thrive.

Crunchies

Steam: [TCM]-Crunchies
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » April 15, 2013 1:08am | Report
This hero has a really selfish ultimate. Other than that, he seems like an awesome initiator with Gold Rush and can be in the center of teamfights with Force Tremor and blademail.

I would say that since he gains so much gold from killing and denying, you should give him poorer strength and agility gain and base damage, so as to make him more item-dependent (since farming isn't really a problem for o'l Hicks here). I think going for an attack speed build is really good on this hero if you want to carry the game. Or you can play as the tank and build a Heart of Tarrasque, BKB and blademail. This hero looks like it plays out a lot like Alchemist, but this hero just has better stats and initiation skills. His strength gain is SO DARN HIGH XD

I was thinking of an idea about a gold-based hero too, and the skill I thought of was exactly the same as Income. Looks like I have to come up with a different skill now :(. Good job on the rest of the hero though.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved