Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hero Idea: Ryu the Ninja

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Hero Idea: Ryu the Ninja 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by hjvaughan » December 18, 2013 4:38pm | Report
Stats
Strength: 14+1.7
Agility: 20+2.8
Intelligence: 16+1.65

Lore
Seven years. Seven years of training. Seven years of hatred and strife. Seven years of redemption and happiness. Seven years that were finally over. Ryu had finished his apprenticeship under his shinobi. And now he was recognized as a shinobi himself. His ceremony was in seven minutes. Seven minutes of waiting. Seven minutes of impatience and worry. Seven minutes of excitement. Seven minutes that were finally over. He walked through the town to his shinobi to graduate from simply being a ninja. He knew perfectly well that he deserved this more than his lesser brothers now gazing in awe as he walked down to his master. The shinobi called for silence. Ryu thought to himself of all the great things that lie before him as a shinobi. But as Ryu's master was about to finish the final words someone bursts through the door shouting that a Sengoku had started. A war had begun on my day of becoming a shinobi, thought Ryu outraged that his shinobi couldn't at least finish the ritual before the messenger had come bearing this news. Luckily however, the shinobi continued with the ceremony as if nothing was said. Seven more words were left to say. Now six, now five, now four! Ryu was excited now, only three more words. Two left now for him to officially be a shinobi. One last word. But the shinobi couldn't speak it. Ryu took a step back and saw that his shinobi had been dishonorably stabbed through the back. Ryu could no longer become a shinobi and he knew this well. Furiously he drew his katana and dueled with this murderer. Unknown to Ryu however, he had only seven seconds left to live. Seven more seconds of regret and anger. Seven more seconds of fulfillment and contentment. Seven more seconds that were now over. Yet, he was not dead. How could this be, Ryu thought. He obviously had been impaled and was lying on the ground. His heart obviously no longer pumped and his lungs no longer breathed. Surely he was dead. And yet here he was lying with full consciousness on the ground in this slowly sinking building. Sinking into the ground, no the ground was sinking into the water below. The entire island was falling into the depths and Ryu could not move. As the water flooded the building Ryu saw a light that he held on to. He held on to it and stood back up. He had renewed strength and vengeance to find a kill the one who had taken the right for him to be shinobi away from him.

Skills

Q
Shuriken (Active) (Magical)
Ryu uses his seemingly endless supply of tools to aid in killing his opponents as efficiently as possible.
Damage: 10/20/30/40
Slow: 2%/4%/6%/8%
Mana cost: 20/25/30/35
Cooldown: 5

W
Vanish From Sight (Active)
Ryu uses his training as a ninja to vanish from sight to creep up to his opponents or make a stealthy retreat.
Fade time: 1.5/1.0/0.5/0.0
Duration: 10/12.5/15/17.5
Mana cost: 100
Cooldown: 20
*If Ryu attacks in this invisibility he is revealed and cannot go back into invisibility until he uses the skill again.

E
Vital Energy (Active)
Ryu channels his chakra magic and morphs it into a random element.
Mana cost: 130
Cooldown: 20
Fire Chakra (Magical)
Ryu channels his chakra magic into flames.
Damage per second: 40/45/50/55
Duration: 4
Water Chakra (Magical)
Ryu channels his chakra magic into water.
Stun: 0.5/1/1.5/2
Earth Chakra (Physical)
Ryu channels his chakra magic into stones.
Damage: 100/125/150/175
Air Chakra (Magical)
Ryu channels his chakra magic into gales.
Knock back distance: 200/400/600/800
Damage: 50/75/100/125
*When casting Vital Energy, there is a 25% chance that each chakra magic will be chosen on select enemy unit.
**Air chakra knocks enemy back in direction Ryu is facing.

R
Single Out
Ryu marks his target then duels them to the death, ignoring all else.
Duration: 5/6/7
Mana cost: 250/300/350
Cooldown: 180
Aghanim's Scepter
Allows Ryu to deal extra damage to his target.
Damage increase: 110%/120%/130%
*Ryu and his target cannot be damage by anything except for each other.
**Aghanim's Scepter upgrade boosts all damage types.
***Ryu and his target CAN use any skills and items during Single Out, however they cannot harm anything but each other.

Hey guys! I know that I haven't made any of these hero idea thingies in a while, so I hope that this super long one makes up for it. :P Anyways, thanks for reading and please comment on what you think about this hero or even a theme for the next hero I'll make. See you guys in the next one! :D
This post is the most important thing you have read in your life.

hjvaughan

Notable (4)
Steam: Cloud Strife
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cliffall » December 19, 2013 11:10am | Report
You're going to have to change his ult, Legion Commander already has it.

Cliffall

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by hjvaughan » December 19, 2013 12:22pm | Report
While it does seem similar to Legion Commander's ult, it makes it so that no one can interfere (allies or enemies), and it allows you and whoever you single out to use spells and items. But thank you for your feedback anyways! I suppose that if enough people want me to I could change it.

EDIT: Oh, and the person you single out (or you) can just run and don't have to attack each other.
This post is the most important thing you have read in your life.

hjvaughan

Notable (4)
Steam: Cloud Strife
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BabySauce » December 29, 2013 6:59pm | Report
OH! you might want to specify that, if you reread that it's pretty vague. When you say "ignores all else" you might want to note that they can use spells and items. And that they can go away, aha.

BabySauce

Steam: Baby Sauce
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 29, 2013 11:09pm | Report
describe it as that all of the spells that will be used on them will be rendered useless (but buffs and debuffs place before Single Out will not be dispelled)

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved