Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

-Hero Idea- McTrix the Lepricon

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » -Hero Idea- McTrix the Lepricon 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » March 12, 2013 10:08pm | Report
Str : 17 + 1
Agi : 19 + 3.5
Int : 29 + 2
Damage : 49-53
Armour : 2
Attacks per Second : 0.7
Movement Speed : 295
Turn Rate : 0.9
Sight Range : 1800/800
Attack Range : Melee
Missile Speed : Instant
Cast Speed : 0.5+0.8
Attack Animation Time : 0.25

- Skills
[Q]
Decieve
-Target unit-
McTrix decieves the target unit into making a deal... Granting that unit a speed buff for the duration but damaging over time. When used on creep, that creep will do your bidding till the duration is over (NOTE: Creep get double the Duration that heroes get)
NOTE__________________________________________________________________________
Converting creep uses half the mana the original ability would
On Creep: Duration: 30 |Mana used: 90 |Buff: +50 movespeed (Creep is now yours to command till duration is over)
Level 3 On hero:Duration: 20,|Damage: 18 |Mana used: 200 |Buff: +60 movespeed
On Creep: Duration: 40 |Mana used: 100 |Buff: +60 movespeed (Creep is now yours to command till duration is over)
Level 4 On hero:Duration: 20,|Damage: 20 |Mana used: 220 |Buff: +50 movespeed After the duration the target, if an enemy, is stunned for 1,5 seconds
On Creep: Duration: 40 |Mana used: 110 |Buff: +50 movespeed and 15% Evasion (Creep is now yours to command till duration is over)

Cooldown: 40/30/20
NOTE____________________________________________________________________________________
High mana on damage ability since I wanted a low enough cooldown to allow multiple unit control but yet not low enough to constantly spam damage on enemies... High mana usage denies SPAM ability
________________________________________________________________________________________

[W]
A "Dodgy" Dealer
-Toggle-
When activated McTrix gains evasion ("Dodgy" ... get it :P?)
Level 1 : 2 mana per second used 15% Evasion
Level 2 : 5 mana per second used 30% Evasion
Level 3 : 8 mana per second used 45% Evasion
Level 4 : 10 mana per second used 60% Evasion

[E]
Wisdom is Golden!!!
-When clicking [E] You lose "x" amount of gold and gain 1 level-
For a certain amount of gold McTrix can gain Wisdom!
Level 1 : 100 gold = Levels McTrix up once.
(MAX. level upgradeble by the lvl 1 ability is to level 3)
Level 2 : 200 gold = Levels McTrix up once.
(MAX. level upgradeble by the lvl 2 ability is to level 5)
Level 3 : 300 gold = Levels McTrix up once.
(MAX. level upgradeble by the lvl 3 ability is to level 8)
Level 4 : 350 gold = Levels McTrix up once.
(MAX. level upgradeble by the lvl 1 ability is to level 12)
Cooldown: 120/100/80/60 sec.

[R]
Luck of the Irish!
-Target ally / self-
Gives the target a ton of luck! (Can target self)

Level 1: Duration: 10 seconds |Mana: 200|Luck grants: +25 Movespeed , +5% to all chances, +10 armour
Level 2 : Duration: 15 seconds|Mana: 300|Luck grants: +35 Movespeed , +10% to all chances, Double vision for 5 seconds of the duration,+15 Armour
Level 3 : Duration: 20 seconds|Mana: 400|Luck grants: +50 Movespeed , +15% to all chances, Double Vision , +20 armour

Cooldown: 80(*40)/60(*30)/40(*25)
NOTE____________________________________________________________________________________
Lots of mana used there... Low cooldown allowed since spamming will drain needed mana for Dodgy dealer...
________________________________________________________________________________________

Role : Support , Ganker , !!!JUNGLER!!!

Lore : McTrix knows the Emerald Isle like the back of his hand! Making a living by tricking the unsuspecting travellers, Now he seeks to turn a new page... or make more money in the war! Armed with his not-so-tough-looking rusty old knife and his pointy red beard he makes enemies tremble... In fear that they get tricked!

Please comment with feedback! :D
    Firefly is more than a ability >:D
    5 Invis kills on templar assassin :P (Batrider's Concoction)
    Play whats fun... Get into the hero's mindset.... Thats all the guide u need!

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Steam: cojazz
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » March 13, 2013 1:21am | Report
lol, using gold as a passive boost, pretty interesting, though very contradictive to the game's mechanics, but as a support, it can actually work. I like the gamebreaking ulti of double vision. He could be a very useful ganker/roamer giving himself that vision to check the enemy's positions without their knowledge.

I would make the Dodgey ability a bit cheaper.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » March 13, 2013 2:48am | Report
Its not actually interesting,this has been done before with a hero that was already in the game,namely the Gambler,but was removed because it was overpowered.His ultimate would deal like 3k damage.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » March 13, 2013 6:16am | Report
@Wulfstan

I limited his stack on the gold ability to 4... Do the math...

@SkyStorm

I will lower cost of lower levels but 75% Evasion is alot...

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » March 13, 2013 12:53pm | Report

@Wulfstan

I limited his stack on the gold ability to 4... Do the math...

@SkyStorm

I will lower cost of lower levels but 75% Evasion is alot...

Meant the gambler,not your hero.But still,he seems like you need a lot of farm to make him effective.And your passive won't be that useful later in the game,as the stacks are too low,but if he has a bigger cap,then he can wreck early game with a new start.

Might need some tweaks.

Also the scaling on Dodgy could use some tweaks too.Maybe 15/30/45/60%?

Stunning your own ally is not fun,so I would just recommend slowing for 3 seconds.If you missuse the ability it would **** up the game really bad.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » March 14, 2013 12:26am | Report
Quoted:
Also the scaling on Dodgy could use some tweaks too.Maybe 15/30/45/60%?

Agreed, those seem more appropriate.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » March 14, 2013 7:56am | Report
UPDATE~
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Gold - stats passive replaced with "Wisdom is golden" Allowing McTrix to level faster than any other hero... Note! LOOK AT COOLDOWN

Dodgy Deals - Evasion changes to the requested...

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » March 14, 2013 10:01am | Report

UPDATE~
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Gold - stats passive replaced with "Wisdom is golden" Allowing McTrix to level faster than any other hero... Note! LOOK AT COOLDOWN

Dodgy Deals - Evasion changes to the requested...

Waait.So basically he can gain a full free level out of nowhere?Seems interesting,paying gold for a level.

If I would change something,it would be the cooldowns.Imo,you always make them be not symetrical.Try:

120/100/80/60

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » March 14, 2013 9:30pm | Report
Cooldowns changed... Can't tell if you like the change or not? I calculated the estimate of his level time... It puts him in level lead alot early game but fades after a while because of the fact that each level of the ability limits him to a certain level of gold upgrade...
Level 4 Wisdom is Golden cannot level you higher than level 12. Thus after level 12 the ability fades... Balancing this hero completely.

I added faster levels to him since I want to shape him into a jungler, He has increased vision buff, I added unit control (Durations though first ability check that out) , He has those levels you might have lost because of hard time in jungle, He can dodge a ton of damage since his ulti increases chances, along with that dodge chance... He is basically Chen's nightmare. BUT can also be well countered by a fed carry , strategic players, Mana burners or even bad farm...

OOPS Noticed I forgot Cooldown on the [Q] ability!
Adding that too...

ALSO... I think u misunderstood... U pay for a level not "Out of nowhere" once more look at limit level...

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » March 15, 2013 9:51am | Report
I can imagine players accidently pressing E while trying to escape or something and using up their gold haha.

It's quite balanced and a fairly good trade off. You gain levels fast, but sacrifice hard-earned and farmed gold.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved