Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hero Idea For Fun - Wurm

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Hero Idea For Fun - Wurm 1 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

What do I think of the Wurm?
I like it!
Not bad, could use some changes.
Interesting idea, needs a complete overhaul.
This is so bad it makes me want to commit seppuku
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PetronTheJizzler » October 1, 2013 9:52pm | Report
Hello everybody, this idea was in my head today and has been distracting me so I just thought I would post it for fun. I envision a Dune Worm type monster but being ridden by a cowboy, with a saddle. I thought it would add an interesting mechanic to Dota that hasn't been used before (under the map stuff).

Stats
To Be Determined

[Abilities]
Charge Forth

The Wurm charges forward grinding the enemy with it's razor sharp teeth, damaging any enemy units caught in it's path based on distance traveled while pushing them. Each unit of ground covered by the Wurm drains his mana.

Mana Cost Per 100 Units Traveled: (I used Storm Spirit's ulti costs and Magnus' skewer range as a basis but obviously it would need to be tweaked to see how it functions)

[LVL 1]25 + 1% of Total Mana to a max range of 600 units push
[LVL 2]20 + 1% of Total Mana to a max range of 800 units push
[LVL 3]15 + 1% of Total Mana to a max range of 1000 units push
[LVL 4]10 + 1% of Total Mana to a max range of 1200 units push

Nourish

The Wurm grows hungry and munches down on trees to gain a boost to his mana. Digesting the trees leaves it plenty full and causes it's movement slow to decrease as long as it retains the trees. If Wurm's mana depletes past the amount gained through Nourish, the trees are digested and the mana boost is lost.

[LVL 1] 3 Second Devour Time (Channeled) 100 Mana boost per tree up to a max of 2 trees, 15% movement slow on self
[LVL 2] 2 Second Devour Time (Channeled) 140 Mana boost per tree up to a max of 2 trees, 10% movement slow on self
[LVL 3] 1 Second Devour Time (Channeled) 160 Mana boost per tree up to a max of 3 trees, 10% movement slow on self
[LVL 4] .5 Second Devour Time (Channeled) 180 Mana boost per tree up to a max of 3 trees, 5% movement slow on self

Purge

If the Wurm finds itself too nourished it can purge the trees remaining in it's gullet and leave a sticky mess on the ground. Any enemy unit that finds itself walking through this putrid pile of pulp will have it's movement speed decreased and armor reduced.

[LVL 1] 150 Mana cost, 300 AOE, 20% slow and -1 armor reduction. 25 Second Cooldown.
Last 10 seconds. Maximum of 1
[LVL 2] 170 Mana cost, 325 AOE, 25% slow and -2 armor reduction. 20 Second Cooldown.
Last 15 seconds Maximum of 1
[LVL 3] 200 Mana cost, 375 AOE, 25% slow and -3 armor reduction. 15 Second Cooldown.
Last 20 seconds Maximum of 2
[LVL 4] 225 Mana cost, 410 AOE, 25% slow and -5 armor reduction. 15 Second Cooldown
Last 20 seconds Maximum of 3

Dig Deep [Ultimate]

Using it's powerful grinding teeth the Wurm digs underground, unseen to the enemy. Every second it spends under the ground consumes mana but if the Wurm emerges while still retaining enough, it will explode the earth leaving all those above it entrapped in an impassible rock fortress. Upon emerging the shock of the explosion will mini stun the enemy and give the Wurm a temporary armor bonus.

[LVL 1] 1% of mana every second under ground. 200 Mana Cost to Emerge. Rock wall spreads in a 325 AOE around point of emergence. + 1 armor bonus
[LVL 2] .7% of mana every second under ground. 250 Mana Cost to Emerge. Rock wall spreads in a 400 AOE around point of emergence. + 2 armor bonus
[LVL 3] .5% of mana every second under ground. 300 Mana Cost to Emerge. Rock wall spreads in a 450 AOE around point of emergence. + 4 armor bonus

*NOTES*
- Teammates will see Wurm disrupting the ground beneath them when he is using Dig Deep.
- Enemies will only see him if they possess a gem or happen to have a sentry above him. Any stuns landed directly above him will force him to emerge(i.e Black hole or Like Strike Array), using his ult but without the mini stun.

So yeah, that's my hero idea. Hope you like it :)

PetronTheJizzler

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved