Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hadrian, The Gladiator

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Hadrian, The Gladiator 20 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JerfyBawss » December 19, 2014 10:30pm | Report

Hadrian, The Gladiator

"Bring out your best warriors. I will defeat them all."

Lore
Sold into slavery at the young age of 10 to pay his father's debts, every day has been a battle for Hadrian to keep his life. He began filling in the time slots in the arena between the headline battles where he would wrestle boars. Losing an eye and breaking limbs to show for these early perilous situations, Hadrian still would not back down from the challenge of the arena. As he aged and stayed in slavery, he began fighting other slaves of his age with nothing but his bare hands, initially in order to please the crowd but then it became a sort of signature of his. Hadrian suffered the many blows expected from such reckless decisions and lost a great deal of support in the arena. But he stuck to his axiom, "Blades can be broken. But not I." and endured years of losing and almost dying many times.

However, little by little, Hadrian began winning battles. He studied how each opponent defeated him, how to use their weapons against them, and created techniques to counter his enemies. Appearing to his foes as a battered brute who was too incompetent to use a weapon, Hadrian was smarter than he let on. Eventually Hadrian become the local favorite gladiator, welcoming champion fighters that traveled to the humble arena for a chance at victory against Hadrian. None of them succeeded.

Enemies approach on the horizon with their armies, hoping to destroy the radiant civilization. Hadrian can never turn down a challenge.

Radiant
Agility
Roles: Carry, Disabler
Melee

Strength: 68 (20/+2)
Agility: 85 (25/+2.5)
Intelligence: 61 (18/+1.8)

Base Health: 530
Base Mana: 234
Base Damage: 30
Base Armor: 2
Movement Speed: 310
BAT: 1.4
Melee Range (128)
Vision Range: 1800/800

Q: Light Punch (Current Target)

Hadrian swiftly strikes with a jab at his target, preforming a quick, but weak, attack.

The target takes 75%/80%/85%/90% of base attack damage and using this ability creates an instance of LP in your current combo sequence. If no ability is used within 5 seconds to continue the sequence, the entire combo sequence restarts. The combo sequence only consists of the last 4 abilities used, so using this ability may eliminate instances of other abilities already used.

Cooldown: BAT +10 attack speed / +15 attack speed / +20 attack speed / +25 attack speed

W: Light Kick (Current Target)

Hadrian kicks the target, landing a fast and powerful blow.

The target takes 85%/90%/95%/100% of base attack damage and using this ability creates an instance of LK in your current combo sequence. If no ability is used within 5 seconds to continue the sequence, the entire combo sequence restarts. The combo sequence only consists of the last 4 abilities used, so using this ability may eliminate instances of other abilities already used.

Cooldown: BAT +0 attack speed / +4 attack speed / +8 attack speed / +12 attack speed

W: Heavy Punch (Current Target)

The battle-hardened fist of Hadrian connects with the target, causing them to take significant damage.

The target takes 110%/120%/130%/140% of base attack damage and using this ability creates an instance of HP in your current combo sequence. If no ability is used within 5 seconds to continue the sequence, the entire combo sequence restarts. The combo sequence only consists of the last 4 abilities used, so using this ability may eliminate instances of other abilities already used.

Cooldown: BAT -20 attack speed/ -15 attack speed/ -10 attack speed/ -5 attack speed

R: Heavy Kick (Current Target)

A bone-shattering kick is delivered to the foe, more than often forcing many feeble opponents to live the life of a cripple.

The target takes 130%/145%/160% of base attack damage and using this ability creates an instance of HK in your current combo sequence. If no ability is used within 5 seconds to continue the sequence, the entire combo sequence restarts. The combo sequence only consists of the last 4 abilities used, so using this ability may eliminate instances of other abilities already used.

Cooldown: BAT -30 attack speed/ -22 attack speed/ -14 attack speed

T: Combo Finisher (Current Target/Self)(INNATE)

Hadrian plans his blows to lead up to a special climax attack, which may be from a variety of different skills.

Based on the current combo sequence instances created by Hadrian's 4 other abilities, Combo Finisher may turn out to be one of many different abilities!

Mana Cost: 120
Cooldown: 10

WITH AGHANIM'S SCEPTER:
Cooldown: 2

LP-LP-LP-LP
Lightning Fists
Targets Self
Hadrian's lightning fast punches become a blur, moving at insanely high speeds for a brief time.
For five seconds, Hadrian is affected by this ability:
Locks autocast on light punch
Attack speed is increased by 35
Light Punches used during the duration of Lightning Fists do not create new instances of LP.

LK-LK-LK-LK
Foot Flurry
Current Target
The target receives a flurry of kicks, pummeling them into submission.
The target is completely disabled(much like Pudge's dismember) for 2 seconds and receives 10 instances of 20% of Hadrian's base attack damage. Each instance occurs every .2 seconds.
(Physical)

LP-HP-LP-HP
Jawbreaker
Current Target
Hadrian winds up and strikes his foe in the jaw, dealing critical damage that leaves his enemies devastated.
After a .5 second channel, the target recieves 200% damage, is stunned for .5 seconds, and is silenced for 3.5 seconds.
(Physical)

LK-LK-HK-LK
Tornado Kick
Current Target
A spinning jump-kick hits the opponent in the head. Hadrian considered this his signature knock-out move after he saw challengers from the eastern lands try to defeat him with it.
The target receives 250% damage and is stunned for .75 seconds.(Physical)

HK-LK-LP-HP
Force Palm
Current Target
Hadrian concentrates his power into hand and releases it directly into the target, damaging and staggering them.
Deals 175% PURE damage. Pushes the target 400 units in the opposite direction which they are facing.
(Pure)

HP-LK-LK-LK
Gut Buster
Current Target
Hadrian thrusts his knee into the target's gut, a technique he uses to wear-out his opponents by removing all air in their lungs.
Deals 150% damage. Stuns the target for 1 second and slows the target's movement and attack speed by 40 % for 4 seconds.
(Physical)

LK-LK-LP-LP
Anticipate
Self
Hadrian detects his opponent's next attack, countering it.
Enters a channel for 1.5 seconds. During this channel, if Hadrian is targeted by any abilities or is hit by any basic attacks, he completely avoids any damage or affects of the ability or attack he is hit with. Hadrian counters the unit that targeted him with an ability or attack by ministunning the unit and dealing physical damage equal to damage of the ability or attack he countered.
-When Hadrian is targeted with an ability or attack during this channel, the channel ends
-Hadrian jumps into melee distance of the unit he counters (within 128 units of the target, closest to his previous location)

HP-HP-HP-HP
Seismic Slam
Current Target & Target point
Hadrian picks up his target and slams them into the ground.
After picking a target point within 400 range, Hadrian picks up his current target and slams them into the target point, dealing 150% physical damage to the target and dealing magical damage equal to the strength of the target times 1.5 in a 350 radius around the target point.
-Hadrian travels to the targeted point at 400 speed in the air
-During the slam, the target and Hadrian are immune to magical and physical damage from sources outside each other

LP-LP-LK-HP
Disarm
Current Target
Hadrian uses a technique he observed from a challenger that removes the target's means of attacking.
Ministuns the target and disarms them for 6 seconds.

HP-HK-HP-HK
Gladiator
Self
Hadrian's spirit for battle is undying, causing his adrenaline to grant him immense unrivaled power.
Toggling on and taking 25 mana per second, Hadrian gets:
+10% lifesteal
+15 armor
+20% magic resistance
+20 attack speed
+15% damage
+50 movement speed
The ability toggles off when Hadrian runs out of mana

Responses

-Spawning in
"I am the gladiator, Hadrian."
"Who challenges me?"

-Beginning the battle
"On the horizon, their legions come."

-Drawing first blood
"First blood. Who else wishes to fall before me?"

-Moving
"I see."
"In position."
"A battle awaits."
"Moving."

-Attacking
"I strike!"
"Rah!"
"Here I come!"

-Last hitting
"A fair reward."
"Coin from my foes."

-Denying
"Not for you."

-Casting a spell
"Rah!"
"A gladiator's power."

-Casting lightning fists
"D-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-dah!"

-Casting foot flurry
"A flurry of feet!"

-Casting Jawbreaker
"Grraaagh!"

-Casting Tornado Kick
"Tornado kick!"

-Casting Force Palm
"Palm!"

-Casting Gut Buster
"Wide open!"

-Casting Anticipate
"Come at me!"

-Casting Seismic Slam
"Into the ground!"

-Casting Disarm
"Disarmed!"

-Casting Gladiator
"Fight me!"
"Battleborn!"
"I will not bow!"

-Gaining a level
"I gain power."

-Dying
"I... lose?"
"Impossible..."

-Respawning
"I will not lose again."
"Never again."

-Killing a Hero
"A battle won."
"I am victorious."
"You will not prevail."

-Killing a rival

Legion Commander- "You are Stonewall's greatest?"
"Challenge me all you want. You will never bring me to my knees."
Dragon Knight- "You have the power of a dragon, yet you cannot best a simple man..."
Clockwerk- "1v1 you, you said? I'll have to remember that."
Phantom Lancer- "More than two against one, yet I win. Learn to fight honorably."
Phantom Assassin- "Phantom Assassin, I'm tired of your ****."
Pudge- "Pudge, you're disgusting. Who knows where that hook of yours has been."
Juggernaut- "You fought well, friend. But I'm afraid your blade is to no avail."
Sven- "That large, sharp hunk of metal you keep dragging around really seems to be a hinderance, doesn't it?"

More info on how this melee invoker-style hero works:

-Hadrian does not have an auto attack, right clicking an enemy targets them. You may use your Q,W,E,R on them freely. They do not take up mana and are all autocastable.

-The cooldown of Light Punch, Light Kick, Heavy Punch, and Heavy kick are all the base attack time shared by the basic attack (if Hadrian were to have one) with modified speeds according to the ability.

-Attack speed boosts DO affect the cooldown of Hadrian's Light Punch, Light Kick, Heavy Punch, and Heavy Kick.

-Modifiers to basic attacks affect Hadrian's Q,W,E,R

JerfyBawss

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 19, 2014 10:43pm | Report
Good idea.Me gusta

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 19, 2014 10:43pm | Report
no ulti? ok.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JerfyBawss » December 19, 2014 10:53pm | Report
The ulti is innate, whenever you get a combo off you can use your finisher.

JerfyBawss

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 20, 2014 12:08am | Report
Sorry man, but that would mess up the levelling points quite badly.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 20, 2014 1:29am | Report
uscathed,the ultimate is like Earth Spirit's remenants.They are there from the beginning and don't need to be leveled up.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 20, 2014 1:58am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

uscathed,the ultimate is like Earth Spirit's remenants.They are there from the beginning and don't need to be leveled up.

He has 4 skills that can be levelled up 4 times.

He has no levelled ultimate.

He will eventually have a max of level 9 attribute bonus. Good or bad? Your pick.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 20, 2014 2:11am | Report
alright i concede.

one skill must have 3 points only.

buff damage from it instead.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 20, 2014 2:19am | Report
Ehh, not really. You really need all the skill levels to be 15.

So 3*4=12 it still doesnt work.

Look at invoker for example. Or If i am in a situation like this i will give 5 spells with 5 scaling with no attribute.

Better 0 than 5 because u know... OCD and ****
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JerfyBawss » December 20, 2014 6:16am | Report
Fixed!

-Made Heavy Kick only have 3 points to skill into
-Increased Heavy Kick's scaling
-Added more Combo Finishers

Thanks for the help guys!

JerfyBawss

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved