Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Fraiser, The Tresure Hunter

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Fraiser, The Tresure Hunter 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AttackHelicopter » July 27, 2017 6:45am | Report

Fraiser, The Treasure Hunter

This is my first Official(because the format) hero concept to be posted here P.S: I also put this down in r/dotaconcepts under the pseudonym Johnmegaman72

Inspiration
The concept of Friaser came about when I saw a concept from r/dotaconcepts which is a item focused her. item focused because the hero doesn't really have default abilties rather he can "eat" such items and be used as the ability for that slot, for me that's too absurd it's way too OP and way too uninteresting(because you will be useless in the game from early to mid which by that point other carries might have overshadowed and already snowballed because its 4v5 basically). So with that Fraiser was born, obviously a nod to Brendan Fraser the lead actor for the original the Mummy trilogy.

PROS :
  • High burst damage with his Q
  • Very versatile from game to game
  • Can be a support, core or carry depending on the game's current say
  • Can transition very smoothly from roles to roles
CONS :
  • His strength gain is not very good
  • His strength depends on his allies
  • Has only one damage spell
  • needs an early gold advantage to be useful

LORE :

"For God, Gold and Glory....but mostly for Gold"

"Adventure...that's what I live for...exciting, thrilling might get some fun time with a woman or two. Some treasure are unlike other crystals that cost a hundred bags of gold, artifacts that museums will bid millions just to get and what you get? Profit...a lot of it. Use it anyway you want , buy some booze. Get a new replacements for your broken car, even hire new people who will be with you..replacing anyone who died.Sometimes though gold can make you a god, My team and I encountered this man, he wants to teach us how we can have the power of all the treasure we got. Sooo after a few months using gold we become gods ourselves....now its not just the treasure and gold...its now about Glory"

Str
Agi
int
: 28 + 2.9
: 14 + 1.7
: 30 + 2.8

Health
H. regen
Mana
M. regen
Damage
Armor
Spell Dmg.

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
BASE
26 - 30
0%
Movement
Turn rate
Vision range
Attack range
Projectile Spd.
Attack Ani.
B.A.T.
Magic resist
Collision
Legs
: 300
: 0.9
: 1800/800
: 300(uses a whip)
: instant
: 0.42 + 0.7
: 1.9
: 25%
: 24
: 2

[Q] Quick Six
Fires 3/4/5/6 consecutive shots of his revolver dealing 100% of his own attack. The initial slows enemies while the last will always crit. Afterwards though he is disarmed for 1.3 seconds
ABILITY
DAMAGE TYPE
PIERCES IMMUNITY?
CAST ANIMATION
: UNIT TARGET
: PHYSICAL
: YES
: 0 + 0
: 0
Cast Range
Slow duration
Movement Speed Slow
Damage
Crit Damage
MANA
COOLDOWN
: 500
: 2
: 30%
: 100% of Fraiser's Base damage
: 180%/200%/300%/400%
: 110
: 12
A few bullets towards his enemies can sometimes do the job.

NOTES :

[W] Extensive Knowledge
With his knowledge of all items the battle may give he makes them more potent

Items that are Passive based (Auras, Full Passive and Toggled) have their effects amplified by 2%/4%/6%/8%. Duration, Radius and Added Damage on Proc(Like Basher's Bash and MKB's Mini Bash) will not be affected with only Javelin's Peirce as the only exemption. Crits are still affected
Passive with Proc Chance have their proc chance amplified by 2/4/6/8%

Active items have their mana requirement reduced by 20/30/40/50 However items with less than 50 mana requirement will stay (Like Mask of Madness)

Active Target Unit(e.g Dagon, Diffusal)
Cast Range is increased by 75/100/125/150
Active No Target (e.g Shiva's, Drum of Endurance)
Effective Radius is increased by 100/200/300/400

Active Items with Passive abilities (Orchid, Bloodthorn)
Only the passive, cast range or effective radius will be the only thing affected not the active effects of it (Like Diffusal's slow and Orchid and Bloodthorn's added damage and silence)

Boots are the only passive items not affected by the passive bonus and have their own bonuses instead
Boots of Travel: Anyone who the player might teleport at will be damage immune and this buff will end once that player has finished teleporting.

Arcane Boots: Gives 5/10/15/20% of your ally's max mana as bonus

Phase Boots: Can now phase through trees and go up cliffs

Tranquil Boots: Now uses 0.35%/0.40%/0.5%/1% of ally's health as health regen

Treads: + 4/8/12/16 Stats given
ABILITY
PIERCES IMMUNITY?
CAST ANIMATION
EFFECT DELAY
: UNIT TARGET
: YES
: 0.15 + 0.6
Cast Range
Duration
MANA
COOLDOWN
: 600
: 9
: 200/200/240/240
: 30/26/22/19
With multiple adventures under his belt Fraiser become so familiar with the artifacts he got, he often can bring them to their fullest potential

NOTES :

[E] Sharing is Caring
Fraiser has the ability to share his items with his teammates However items with active abilities are the only ones shareable and items shared have their combination locked and cannot be sold.
ABILITY : NO TARGET
Duration
Cast Range
MANA
COOLDOWN
: 18
: 600
: 200
: 28
Sharing power can sometimes be a sign of friendship

NOTES :

[R] Acquisition
Fraiser with experience and skill is able to acquire an item and be used as his ultimate for the next few minutes. However to do so he needs experience in those items, these experience can be gain by killing heroes and creeps with said item or while the item is equipped(for aura based or passive items like Vlad's or Daedelus). However you may only acquire 1 item at a time and cannot acquire the same item twice in a row

Upgradable via Aghanim's Scepter: Can now acquire 2 items however it should be 1 Active and 1 Passive. Passive items will now be permanent consuming a passive item has a 30 second cooldown
ABILITY
CAST ANIMATION
EFFECT DELAY
: PASSIVE/NO TARGET
: 0 + 0
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO ACQUIRE
EXPERIENCE GAIN FROM KILLING HEROES
EXPERIENCE GAIN FROM KILLING CREEPS
ACQUISITION DURATION
GOLD REQUIREMENT
COOLDOWN
: 1500/1200/900
: 50/100/150
: 10
: 300/500/700
: 75%/50%/25% of the Item's original price
With money you can buy power, in Fraiser's case however its literal

NOTES :

Talents

Level 25
Level 20
Level 15
Level 10
:
:
:
:
-10% gold requirement to acquire item
+5 seconds to Extensive Knowledge.
+75 Cast Range
+8 intelligence
|| OR ||
|| OR ||
|| OR ||
|| OR ||
25 stats
+5 Seconds to Sharing is Caring
+20 movement speed
+9 agility

So there is my idea for a item focused hero. Feedback are always welcomed
Thanks for delta17 for the formatting. Can't find a straightforward format and he has the closest to what I need so yeah.

AttackHelicopter

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by moskus4 » August 27, 2017 3:29pm | Report
Hi. I like your idea, but I disagree with some parts of it.

An instant projectile speed seems very op, doesn't it? This will be very hard to animate with a whip.

There already exist a hero with quite a few similarities: Alchemist. Alchemist has a very low win rate together with many other hard farmers. This is because the meta favors early-mid game carry's.
If the hero is played as a carry, the game will have to go to the late game for him to have impact. I'm not talking late game as in 50+ minutes, but rather 2+ hours, which happens in exactly 0,00000069% of games. This is because he lacks power increasing abilities, and therefore requires many times as much gold to be as powerful as another hard carry. Even if the game goes this late, LC is probably a better choise.

The hero's "e" allows him to share items, but how does he get the gold to do so?! Unlike alchemist, he has no farming mechanism, so farming items for the team will be terribly slow and not worth it. If alchemist is too greedy, how will a severely much greedier hero work?

The hero's "w" seems very "messy". It does A LOT of different things, and will be hard to learn.

His ultimate can seem a bit "messy" too. Gaining individual experience to unlock items so that he can use an item as his ultimate? I think this would work poorly to be honest. Having a "normal" ultimate ability is way better than having the opportunity to get an additional item...that you need to kill creeps/heroes with the item to get...that only lasts a few minutes...

Another thing I disagree with is that he doesn't have a certain role, and will most likely not work optimally as any of them. The result will probably be something like what happened to monkey king.

I may have included an unbalanced amount of pros and cons, but the intent is to give clues on how you can improve your hero. Good luck.

moskus4

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved