Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Folgson, the Coldsmith

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Folgson, the Coldsmith 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » November 28, 2014 7:20pm | Report

Folgson, The Coldsmith

Radiant Strength
"I'll carve a sword from my frozen enemies."

Base health

: 511

Base mana

: 195

Base damage

: 52

Base armor

: 4

Movement speed

: 290

Base attack time

: 1.7

Attacks per second

: 0.68

Range

: Melee

Vision range

: 1800/800

Strength

: 81.5 (19 +2.5)

Agility

: 57.5 (15 +1.7)

Intelligence

: 65 (15 +2)

Lore:
Coming soon!

Q: Frozen Curse
Type: Passive
Affects: Enemies
Each attack has a chance to freeze the target, stunning it then slowing it afterwards.
- 15% chance
- 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8 second stun
- 50% slow for 0.5 seconds
- 4 second cooldown

The Coldsmith's icy hammer is capable of freezing any foe solid.

Notes:

W: Ice Smash
Type: Target-Point
Damage: Physical
CHANNELING - Folgson charges his hammer, then smashes enemies in front of him, dealing damage to enemies he hits. The longer this ability is charged, the greater the damage. Hitting a frozen unit will cause it to shatter, dealing bonus damage.
- 1 second charge time
- 200 damage radius
- 50/80/110/140 minimum damage
- 100/160/220/280 maximum damage
- 50/75/100/125 bonus shatter damage
- 70 mana cost
- 6 second cooldown

The bone-shattering smash of Folgson's powerful weapon echoes throughout the battlefield.

Notes:

E: Snowstorm
Type: No Target
Damage: Magical
Folgson whips up a blizzard around him, dealing slight damage over time and slowing enemies' attack and movement speed. Attacks made by Folgson during this time will have double the chance of proc-ing Frozen Curse.
- 800 radius
- 40 damage per second
- 10% movement slow
- 20/30/40/50 attack speed slow
- 4/5/6/7 second duration
- 80 mana cost
- 20 second cooldown

Icy energies gather near Folgson's enchanted weapon, chilling the air around him.

Notes:

R: Creeping Frost
Type: No Target
Damage: Magical
Folgson slams the ground, sending a slow wave of ice in all directions. Enemies that touch the ice are frozen for a short duration.
- 800 radius
- 250 ice speed
- 150/200/250 damage
- 2/2.5/3 second freeze duration
- 120/140/160 mana cost
- 140 second cooldown

Enemies that brave the cold are consumed by it.

Notes:

Special Mention:
This hero cannot buy Skull Basher.

When proc-ing Frozen Curse:
"Frozen solid."
"Can't move, can you?"

When charging Ice Smash:
"Here it comes...!"
"Let's break the ice!"

When killing frozen enemies by shattering:
"Ooooh... that hurt."
"Just like glass!"
"That's all it took?"

When using Snowstorm:
"Ah... just like home."
"Blizzard!"

When killing Tusk:
"I've fought icicles stronger than you."
"How dare you use my sigil against me!"

When killing Lina:
"Melt this."
"You should've packed a sweater, Lina!"
"Control yourself, unruly child."

When meeting Crystal Maiden:
"Give me some ice and I'll carve you a sculpture."

There! Meet Folgson, the Coldsmith, crafter of ice and carver of cold corpses. With Snowstorm, enemies will have trouble escaping and engaging in physical combat with him, and with Frozen Curse and a little attack speed, Folgson can stun enemies to follow up with an Ice Smash that has the potential to deal great damage in very little time. His ultimate, Creeping Frost, can be used to close off enemy escape routes and counter-initiate, giving his team the upper hand in fights. All in all, Folgson is the centre of ganks and fights that will function well in a team fighting line-up as an offlaner or even a safelaning semi-carry. However, he will still need to be careful not to take too much damage due to his less-than-ideal strength gain.

Please leave some comments and suggestions, because I think this hero is too strong.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » November 29, 2014 2:52pm | Report
I personally think that the Frozen Curse is maybe too strong, the proc % is fine, but a 2.1 second stun seems very long, + with snowstorm it procs 30% of the time. ALthough it does have a 4 second cooldown (which is essentially 1.9 cooldown if you subtract the max stun time.) I still think it is maybe a little too long, especially with a large albeit short slow to boot.

I'm presuming that the stun proc is meant to be combo-ed with the Ice smash, since it shatters the stunned targets for bonus damage, in which case it seems to be a really useful combo.

Blizzard seems fine as it is.

Ult maybe is too op, fist off, it is obviously a slow moving wave of ice, but all the same at max level is an 800 radius 4 second slow**STUN, which is quite a lot, plus it has the exact same radius as blizzard, so you can combo these two skills extraordinarily well. (I presume you did this intentionally :p) It also has a pretty short cooldown. (ravage has a flat 150) It doesn't seem too op on it's own, but if you combo this with another large AoE slow *cough* Crystal Maiden *cough* you can pretty much ez teamwipe :p

Great hero actually, although I probably screwed up on my Yzreel review somewhere I hope it maybe helps you in some way ;)

Hope you're good, we haven't talked in quite awhile

-Bunkansee :3

P.S: edited some stuff with ** so you could lol at the incompetence of my original rant :p

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 29, 2014 2:57pm | Report
Y no basher... Slard can buy basher. Void can buy basher. Y nooooooooo
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » November 29, 2014 3:02pm | Report
Pretty much all I wanted to say has been said by Bunkan. Good for your Bunkan!

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » November 29, 2014 3:42pm | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

I personally think that the Frozen Curse is maybe too strong, the proc % is fine, but a 2.1 second stun seems very long, + with snowstorm it procs 30% of the time. ALthough it does have a 4 second cooldown (which is essentially 1.9 cooldown if you subtract the max stun time.) I still think it is maybe a little too long, especially with a large albeit short slow to boot.

I'm presuming that the stun proc is meant to be combo-ed with the Ice smash, since it shatters the stunned targets for bonus damage, in which case it seems to be a really useful combo.

Blizzard seems fine as it is.

Ult maybe is too op, fist off, it is obviously a slow moving wave of ice, but all the same at max level is an 800 radius 4 second slow**STUN, which is quite a lot, plus it has the exact same radius as blizzard, so you can combo these two skills extraordinarily well. (I presume you did this intentionally :p) It also has a pretty short cooldown. (ravage has a flat 150) It doesn't seem too op on it's own, but if you combo this with another large AoE slow *cough* Crystal Maiden *cough* you can pretty much ez teamwipe :p

Great hero actually, although I probably screwed up on my Yzreel review somewhere I hope it maybe helps you in some way ;)

Hope you're good, we haven't talked in quite awhile

-Bunkansee :3

P.S: edited some stuff with ** so you could lol at the incompetence of my original rant :p

I totally agree with your points. I reduced the stun time of both Frozen Curse and Creeping Frost and increased the cooldown of creeping frost to 140 seconds at all levels.

I was in India for the past 10 days. It was pretty hard to get good Wi-Fi, so I couldn't really speak to you guys. Hope to chat with you again sometime, Bunkansee!

Unscathed wrote:

Y no basher... Slard can buy basher. Void can buy basher. Y nooooooooo

Don't know if troll or clueless lel

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Skull_Basher
"Skull Basher cannot be purchased by Slardar, Faceless Void, Troll Warlord, or Spirit Breaker. This also prevents them from purchasing Abyssal Blade, as Skull Basher is required to build it."

lel

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 29, 2014 4:47pm | Report
I'll take clueless
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved