Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Flatusfear, the Bubble Blower

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Flatusfear, the Bubble Blower 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 10, 2015 9:26am | Report
For some reason, my latest hero ideas have been really terrible, but here it goes!

Statistics:

Faction: Radiant
Primary Attribute: Intelligence

Strength: 19 + 2
Intelligence: 25 + 3
Agility: 20 + 2.1

Base damage: 51-55
Base movement speed: 305
BAT: 1.7
Base armour: 1
Attack Range: 450

{D}: Bubble Magic
Innate Passive

Flatusfear's bubble container. All charges are refilled if he is in his own fountain.

Charges: 3
Charge recovery: 45 (for 1 charge)

{Q}: Blow Bubble!

Active, no target.

Flatusfear blows bubbles. At any point while the bubbles are alive, Flatusfear can actiate this ability again to pop the bubbles, dealing damage in an AOE. The bubbles give 200 flying vision and can be controlled individually by Flatusfear. The bubbles will automatically pop at the end of the duration or if they are destroyed. The bubbles will be destroyed after 3/6/9/12 hits.

Using Blow Bubble consumes one 'Bubble Magic' charge.

Number of bubbles: 1/1/2/2
Bubble pop damage (per bubble): 50/100/100/175
Bubble pop AOE: 400
Bubble Movement Speed: 350/400/450/500
Bubble Bounty: 1
Duration: 20

Cooldown: 15
Manacost: 75

The essence of bubble-blowing. Not to watch the bubble, but to pop it at strategic times.

{W}: Bubble Dump!
Active, target ground.

Consumes all charges of 'Bubble Magic' and creates a line of soapy water on the ground in the direction Flatusfear clicked. When walking on this line, Flatusfear receives bonus movement speed.

If Flatusfear is standing in the river, however, the entire river becomes a soapy mixture and will give bonus movement speed to all allies walking in the river. Flatusfear also refills all his 'Bubble Magic' charges in this way.

Bonus movement speed: 20/30/40/50%
Length: 1250
Width: 100
Duration: 5/6/7/8

Manacost: 75
Cooldown: 30

{E}: Extra Soapy
Passive

Passively increases 'Bubble Magic' charges by 1/2/3/4.
Passively increases the damage absorbed by 'Big Bubble!' by 50/75/100/150
Passively increases 'Blow Bubble' pop AOE by 200.
Bubble Dump movement speed in now applied to allies who walk on the line.

More soap? More bubbles!

{R}: Big Bubble!
Active, target ally.

Flatusfear consumes 3 charges of 'Bubble Magic' to blow one of his favourite bubbles: the floatle. He encases an ally in a giant bubble, giving the ally damage block and free pathing. When the damage threshold is reached, the bubble will pop, dealing damage, but losing the free pathing.

Damage blocked: 100/250/400
Damage dealt: 100% of damage
Damage dealt AOE: 300/500/700

Duration: 5/10/15 seconds.

Manacost: 150
Cooldown: 45

Thanks guys! And continue to be awesome!

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » January 10, 2015 9:43am | Report
I actually love this hero. Also, the River turning into a bubblebath would be awesome.
SO no, not all your ideas are terrible haha at least not to everyone.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PokerKid » January 10, 2015 9:44am | Report
Oh Wow! This improved a lot and it is now 100000000 times better than Bubbles, The Bubble!!

First, its Statistics is balanced.

D: Nice, I like how you made this like the Stone Remnant.

Q: This is a great idea, but I think the Manacost should be higher since all its skills have really low manacost. Also, what happens after the duration, do they pop? And what is the movement speed of it?

W: This is original and awesome. I think you should state the duration. And for the river one, do you mean once it goes to the river it automatically changes to soap or you have to active the skill? Again, the manacost :P

E: This is really cool. I like how you adapt the skills and make a skill that upgrades them, similar to Witchcraft but still great.

R: Big Bubble! is nice idea and clear. My suggestion is to increased the damage blocked and damage dealt and the AOE, as well as the duration and manacost because it is an ultimate and Aphotic Shield's AOE and duration is longer than this. Damage you can make it to like 150% so that this can do some damage, since this hero's ability damage is low afterall.

Overall, it is a wonderful reworked model, your ideas are really creative!
"Better not.. Just because you don't know what's in it, and want to open Pandora's box, because if you know what's inside the box before you open it, it won't be interesting at all." -Kid

PokerKid

Notable (2)
Steam: PokerKid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 10, 2015 9:48am | Report
YAYAYAYAY! Not all my ideas are fail! :D

Q: Yes they do pop. I will make note of that. I'm going to add a movement speed, what do you thing it should be?

W: I will add a duration, maybe 5 seconds?

R: Well, I though the idea that it gave free-pathing would make it slightly OP, it is more of an escape than anything else.

This hero's damage is not that low actually. If you look at Blow Bubble, it deals 400 damage in an AOE at max level and one point in Extra Soapy.

Thank you R-conqueror and Pokerkind!

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PokerKid » January 10, 2015 10:04am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Q: Yes they do pop. I will make note of that. I'm going to add a movement speed, what do you thing it should be?

W: I will add a duration, maybe 5 seconds?

R: Well, I though the idea that it gave free-pathing would make it slightly OP, it is more of an escape than anything else.

This hero's damage is not that low actually. If you look at Blow Bubble, it deals 400 damage in an AOE at max level and one point in Extra Soapy.

Thank you R-conqueror and Pokerkind!

Q: Well, to deal damage you'll have to make them faster than an average hero. So around 350 / 380 / 400 / 420 or something like that.

W: Hmm, 5 seconds is quite short, lets make a scaling around it. So probably around 4 / 5 / 6 / 7, how is it?

R: Oh okay then, it is really a cool idea.

Btw My name is PokerKid xD
"Better not.. Just because you don't know what's in it, and want to open Pandora's box, because if you know what's inside the box before you open it, it won't be interesting at all." -Kid

PokerKid

Notable (2)
Steam: PokerKid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 10, 2015 12:20pm | Report
Well... you were kind, so Pokerkind.

I'll try those numbers, maybe Yzreel will come around later and crunch some in for me.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » January 10, 2015 2:34pm | Report
You have a lot of spells for free pathing/bonus MS, so I'd give him a lower than average movement speed, maybe 290.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 10, 2015 2:51pm | Report
R-Conqueror wrote:

You have a lot of spells for free pathing/bonus MS, so I'd give him a lower than average movement speed, maybe 290.

Hmm... I wanted him to be fast, so... Besides, Bubble Dump shouldn't be used all too often, since it does consume all your charges, unless you're in the river.

Maybe I'll lower the movespeed a little.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 10, 2015 5:24pm | Report
Nice idea! I can see this hero being in the mid-lane, where he can gain levels and replenish his Bubble Magic charges. Oh, and the damage! It's really powerful and I like it!

You should specify certain things, like the AoE of Blow Bubble and the length and width of Bubble Dump. I don't have problems with anything else except for Extra Soapy's damage increase. It's too insignificant to make any difference. I'd say, either buff it or remove it, or replace it with a passive bubble explosion AoE increase.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » January 10, 2015 5:36pm | Report
Flatudfear is the best idea I've seen in a long while. I fear that Bubble Dump lvl 1 could spell easy first blood in the fight for the rune.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved