Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

feature idea

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » feature idea 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » June 6, 2013 1:48pm | Report
I hope this is the right place to post this. I've been toying with an idea for a while now, that I think could improve the game. Surrendering.

I just had a game where at 17 minutes in the score was 10-2 (to the other team) and they had taken all of our tier 1 towers and two of our tier 2. We were in no position to fight back against them, the game was over. As many of my team rightly pointed out with a chorus of "gg". That's when the *****ing and name calling started. And carried on for another painfully boring 25 minutes. Not embarrassing ourselves, but with no foreseeable way of winning. At the end only one person said "gg wp" I can only assume that it was almost as boring for them as it was for us.

I'm sure you're all familiar with games like that. Games that just feel like a waste of time to both teams. So why not have a way of cutting them short, without someone having to go to low priority just to end the game.

So what I propose is a button which you can toggle on or off to indicate that you are ready to accept defeat. All 5 players on a team would have to activate the surrender feature for it to take effect. Once all 5 have activated it a countdown would begin perhaps 2 minutes. After which defeat would be conceded.

But wouldn't that be abused and deny the other team the satisfaction of winning properly?

I think so, which is why there would need to be some point of no return. Say for example, once a tier 3 tower had been destroyed or maybe a barracks, the feature would no longer work and the game would have to be finished normally.

I hope this would solve or reduce quite a few regular problems. Such as abandonments, abusive communication, people staying in spawn or jungling or just generally going AFK. It would also give us more time to play better games.

So that's what I've got. I'd like to hear others opinions on my suggestion. If positive I may take it over to the dev forum.

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » June 6, 2013 1:56pm | Report
It's been an idea thats been floating around alot. However, most games are comebackable. I've been in games where its worse than that and we still won. I've been down 2 rax and the same happened. The thing is that in pubs, people get dishearted when you are down. Often the other team can throw. You could be down 10k gold and xp and comeback. It's this time that leadership shows. From what I heard, the devs most likely won't institute a surrender option. What if 1 guy doesn't wanna surrender? THen he gets flamed by the other 4. Theres alot of things that could happen and be abused.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by frogger_29 » June 6, 2013 7:55pm | Report
Sorry, wrong forum. I think this post belongs to the General Discussion forum.

frogger_29

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved