Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ennea, The Hydra

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Ennea, The Hydra 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » November 27, 2014 4:19pm | Report

Ennea, The Hydra

Dire, Ranged, Strength

Pusher, Carry,

Strength: 25+3
Agility: 22+2.5
Intelligence: 18+1.5

Health: 625 Mana: 234
Damage: 40-60 Armor: 4
Move Speed: 300 Attacks/Second: 0.6

Acidic Saliva

Passive

Ennea's attacks with her acidic spit, causing her attack to slow and lower armor of her opponents. Th armor reduction and slow stack up to a certain amount.

Armor Reduction: 0.2/0.5/0.7/0.9
Slow: 3%/4%/5%/6%
Duration: 5 seconds
Max Stacks: 5/7/9/11

Poison Cloud

AoE
Pure
Pierces Magic Immunity: Yes

Ennea releases a poisonous cloud at a target area. Enemies in the cloud take a percentage damage based off their total health, and are slowed.

Damage: 5%/7%/9%/12% of total health
Frequency of Damage: every second
Slow: 10%/15%/20%/25%
Duration: 4.5 seconds
AoE: 350

MC: 90/100/110/120 CD: 15 seconds

Acid Shock

AoE
Magical
Pierces Magic Immunity: No

Ennea chocks her opponents with with very strong poisonous acids. Enemies in the AoE are stunned. The stun duration has a base time, and for each stack of Acidic Saliva the duration is increased

Stun Duration: 0.35
Increase Stun per Acidic Saliva: 0.2
Damage: 120/150/180/240

MC: 160 CD: 35/30/25/20 seconds

Slice One Off, Two Grow Back

Passive

Every time Ennea loses 1/9 of her max health, she gains a damage and health regen bonus based off the amount of health she is missing. Ennea gains bonus Strength, Agility and Intelligence when she is below 1/3 of her maximum health.

Damage Bonus: 0.35/0.65/1 for each point of health in 1/9 of her total health
Health Regen Bonus: 0.35/0.65/1 for each point of health in 1/9 of her total health
Stat Boost when Below 33.33% health: 20/30/40
Before you ask why, think for a moment, why not.

Scezory

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » November 27, 2014 7:30pm | Report
Great hero idea, I love it.

A couple of missing info: What's the duration of Poison Cloud? Is Total health Max HP or Total health as of the time you cast it?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kentard » November 28, 2014 5:20am | Report
Well, I for one, think it's a very swell idea. A hydra hero is, arguably, new, and given that there's already a Phoenix, it'll be a very interesting concept. There is, unfortunately, a bit of a catch: it combines a lot of elements already predominant in other heroes, and I'm not too sure how they synergize, except for the fact that they're scaled up versions of other skills.

You had an excellent idea going with Acidic Saliva, and I really loved the armor reduction + somewhat Viper-slow. The stack system also incentivizes high attack speed builds.

Unfortunately I'm not sure its potential is fully realized with your E skill, Acid Shock. Maybe try a system which works off the stacks of Acidic Saliva? For instance, lower base stun duration, but increase it based off how many stacks of Saliva the enemy target has. Moreover, a free 2.25s stun is a little bit too good unless, of course, there is a delay or a small AOE. Torrent has about a 2s cast time for a 2s stun + 2s slow, for instance. Could be a good guideline.

Poison Shock is, in all ways, more powerful than Midnight Pulse. Perhaps, again, you could play around with the stack mechanic; no innate slow, for instance, but increased slow with every stack of Acidic Saliva. A signature skill could greatly influence playstyle around that mechanic, and dealing physical damage (since it pierces magic immunity) can be a great example of utilizing all elements of the Hero with good synergy.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how Ennea factors in with [R], since Huskar's HP regen through Inner Vitality already outclasses this by a long shot, and the damage is more than compensated for. If you do plan to keep the 'missing health' mechanic, perhaps work with percentages to further amplify the concept of a carry?

Regardless, it has potential in the metagame in using the stack mechanic; thereby providing a good disincentive for prolonged engagement.
Nice mask, they said.

What mask?

Kentard

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » November 28, 2014 2:44pm | Report
Kentard wrote:

Well, I for one, think it's a very swell idea. A hydra hero is, arguably, new, and given that there's already a Phoenix, it'll be a very interesting concept. There is, unfortunately, a bit of a catch: it combines a lot of elements already predominant in other heroes, and I'm not too sure how they synergize, except for the fact that they're scaled up versions of other skills.

You had an excellent idea going with Acidic Saliva, and I really loved the armor reduction + somewhat Viper-slow. The stack system also incentivizes high attack speed builds.

Unfortunately I'm not sure its potential is fully realized with your E skill, Acid Shock. Maybe try a system which works off the stacks of Acidic Saliva? For instance, lower base stun duration, but increase it based off how many stacks of Saliva the enemy target has. Moreover, a free 2.25s stun is a little bit too good unless, of course, there is a delay or a small AOE. Torrent has about a 2s cast time for a 2s stun + 2s slow, for instance. Could be a good guideline.

Poison Shock is, in all ways, more powerful than Midnight Pulse. Perhaps, again, you could play around with the stack mechanic; no innate slow, for instance, but increased slow with every stack of Acidic Saliva. A signature skill could greatly influence playstyle around that mechanic, and dealing physical damage (since it pierces magic immunity) can be a great example of utilizing all elements of the Hero with good synergy.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how Ennea factors in with [R], since Huskar's HP regen through Inner Vitality already outclasses this by a long shot, and the damage is more than compensated for. If you do plan to keep the 'missing health' mechanic, perhaps work with percentages to further amplify the concept of a carry?

Regardless, it has potential in the metagame in using the stack mechanic; thereby providing a good disincentive for prolonged engagement.

I see what you (and TheSofa) mean. I will try and edit the hero to be more unique and special.

And to clear somethings up, the ult is a percentage. I just did the percentage as a decimal, as it gives a certain amount of damage and regen for each point of health.
Before you ask why, think for a moment, why not.

Scezory

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved