Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ellia the Scout Archer

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Ellia the Scout Archer 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 23, 2015 2:09pm | Report
Base HP: 150 (+ 361 from base Strength): 511 in total.
Mana Pool (Lvl 1): 191
Attack Range: 620
BAT: 1.6
Missile Speed: 1500
(Was gonna do attack point and backswing but couldn't really figure it out)
Base Attack Damage: 17-21 (+ base Agility): 41-45 in total.
Strength: 19 (+1.7 per level)
Agility: 24 (+3.1 per level) Primary Attribute
Intelligence: 15 (+1.7 per level)
Movement Speed: 295
Armour: 1 (+ base Agility 3.4): 4.4 in total.

The hero I tried to make here is one who will scale very well into the late game, but will snowball off of kills instead of farm, as her abilities grant her very good damage early on. I tried to be much more informative this time, so let me know if I left anything out that you want to know about.

Q: Scout's Focus, (Target Enemy) (Cast Range: 620)
Ellia focuses her power, increasing damage to a certain target for the duration, but lowering her damage to all other targets. Each hit increases bonus damage to the target.

Ellia excells at duels, focusing all of her strength to take down a single target.

Duration: 5
Base Bonus Damage: 30
Damage Per Stack (Max Stacks 5): 5/10/15/20
Damage Reduction to Other Targets: 50
Cooldown: 23 Manacost: 75

W: Heavy Arrow, (Target Enemy) (Cast Range: 550) (Missile Speed: 1000)
Ellia fires a heavy steel tipped blunt arrow at the target enemy, dealing damage and slowing them.

Ellia carries heavy blunt arrows, which can concuss even the hardiest of warriors.

Damage: 50/75/100/125
Slow: 35%
Duration: 4.5
Manacost: 50 Cooldown: 11

E: Heightened Senses
Passively deals bonus damage equal to the target's current level times a multiplier.

Ellia has heightened her ability in combat, allowing her to sense mistakes of even skilled opponents.

Multiplier: 2/3/4/5
Total damage per level 1,5,10,25
1: 2/3/4/5 (Ulti: 10)
5: 10/15/20/25 (Ulti: 50)
10: 20/30/40/50 (Ulti: 100)
25: 50/75/100/125 (Ulti: 250)

R: Preparation:
Improves the power of all of your abilities: Scout's Focus has a stack limit of 7, Heavy Bolt slows for 50% and Heightened Senses multiplier is changed to 10. Ellia gains a small damage bonus in the duration as well.

Ellia has prepared for this moment for a long time...

Bonus Damage: 30/40/50
Duration: 15
Cooldown: 80/60/50

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 23, 2015 2:20pm | Report
Hey Bunkan!

Heroes don't have base Mana. Just saying. :P

Wow... 12 intel and 1.1 per level... that's some serious mana problems. That's like .6 mana regen per second and 75 and 100 mana cost skills?

You can't have 54-57... because there's no integer average... maybe 54-58?

I guess.

I have a question: Is the Q like Fervor in that the first hit will grant a stack? Because +45 damage at level one is ridiculous. It goes up to +75 bonus in three hits. That's (56+45) + (56+60) + (56+75) = 348 damage in three right-clicks. That's insane for first rune fights.

The W has too high of a manacost, I think.

The ult says Ranger but the ability says Scout... what does that mean?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 24, 2015 6:25pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Hey Bunkan!

Heroes don't have base Mana. Just saying. :P

Wow... 12 intel and 1.1 per level... that's some serious mana problems. That's like .6 mana regen per second and 75 and 100 mana cost skills?

You can't have 54-57... because there's no integer average... maybe 54-58?

I guess.

I have a question: Is the Q like Fervor in that the first hit will grant a stack? Because +45 damage at level one is ridiculous. It goes up to +75 bonus in three hits. That's (56+45) + (56+60) + (56+75) = 348 damage in three right-clicks. That's insane for first rune fights.

The W has too high of a manacost, I think.

The ult says Ranger but the ability says Scout... what does that mean?

Yeah sorry, the ult this is because the ability was originally Rangers Focus, (I google all skill names to see if they are already used in some other moba) and it was apparently used in LoL, so I changed it to scout, forgot to change it in ult description. According to your other comments, I'm going to change a few things.

EDIT: Nerfed starting damage, now 41-45. Nerfed Bonus damage per stack on Scout's Focus is reduced, but stack limit is increased. Mana cost on W is reduced.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by IgnoranceIsBliss » June 25, 2015 10:03am | Report
I see, a new hero from you Bunkan.

so here:
Q - really good, kind of like Ursa Fury Swipes, synergizes well with Heavy Arrow[W]

W - Too good for a level 1 spell. although its low damage is what makes up for it, 4.5 seconds stun at level 1 is crazy it even beats Chaos Knight Chaos Bolt, why not increase the stun duration per level like: 1/2/3/4 seconds

E - Really good, even if the enemies has lotsa levels above you, you can easily restrict there snowballing bcuz if this spell

R - Heh, i like the idea. but why not give her invisibilty and increased vision as well, since she is named the "scout archer", she should have a scouting ability. and why not give it a agha upgrade aswell like: give flying sight and true sight while active.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you can solve your problems, then what is the need of worrying?
If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

Hero Ideas:
Daemon, The Headhunter
Nuegar, Mercenary of the Ruins
Dues, The Elemental Magus
Zermunt, The Plague Doctor
Alphyria, The Lady of the Skies

IgnoranceIsBliss

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 25, 2015 1:29pm | Report

I see, a new hero from you Bunkan.

so here:
Q - really good, kind of like Ursa Fury Swipes, synergizes well with Heavy Arrow[W]

W - Too good for a level 1 spell. although its low damage is what makes up for it, 4.5 seconds stun at level 1 is crazy it even beats Chaos Knight Chaos Bolt, why not increase the stun duration per level like: 1/2/3/4 seconds

E - Really good, even if the enemies has lotsa levels above you, you can easily restrict there snowballing bcuz if this spell

R - Heh, i like the idea. but why not give her invisibilty and increased vision as well, since she is named the "scout archer", she should have a scouting ability. and why not give it a agha upgrade aswell like: give flying sight and true sight while active.

W is actually a 4.5 duration slow, not a stun. I see why you would think it is a stun due to the little lore line for the spell "Ellia carries heavy blunt arrows, which can concuss even the hardiest of warriors." since concussion sounds more like a stun than a slow.

I may add some additional effects and an aghs for the ulti in a little while.

Thanks for the suggestions and comments!

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved