Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

(Dire AGI) Gransurg, Lord of the Black WIng

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » (Dire AGI) Gransurg, Lord of the Black WIng 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oceancalm » November 26, 2014 7:54pm | Report

Gransurg - Lord of the Black Wing

Lore

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Gransurg_Blackmore

Strength 17 + 1.8
Agility 23 + 2.7
Intelligence 18 + 2

Movespeed 330
Base Armor 4
Base Damage 45-50
Missile speed 1000
Base Hit Points 470
Base Mana Points 200

Skills

Mist of the Damned

Type: Active
Mana cost: 50
Cooldown: 1

Create mist around him that serve as second fog of war for the enemy, 1500 radius. In addition, his projectile becomes invisible inside the mist. Conceal 33/44/55/66% sight range.

Wraith's Talon

Mana cost: 30
Cooldown: 3

Every attack plants 20/30/40/50 magical damage inside target's body, stack by 10 times. All stacked damage burst by activating it.

Catalyst

Type: Passive

Stimulate killer instinct of allies inside the mist. Increases attack range of all rangers by 50/100/150/200, MS of melee users by 25/50/75/100, and AS of all allies by 5/10/15/20% only while they are targeting an enemy inside the mist.

Nevermore

Mana cost: 200
cooldown: 1

Create a second mist that can be cast anywhere on the map. Radius of both mist are upgraded to 2000 at level 2 and 2500 at level 3. If Mist of the Damned is not leveled up, then the mist will not conceal.

Playstyle

1st skill, then 2nd skill if you want to farm or to get early kill, else go 3rd as he's designed for support. A careful observation of enemy's location is required, so that as long as there is enough mana, enemy will always be shrouded in the mist. 1st skill is for defensive purpose or pushing towers.

oceancalm

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kentard » November 27, 2014 10:06pm | Report
Well, drat. You beat me to making a crow-like Hero (Lord Ravenheart). I was just making the final touches on his own ultimate. Gah.

Regardless, very interesting idea on using mist - I can foresee a bit of clustering up in the meta if this is implemented.

With that in mind, though, here are a few issues I've encountered with your skills. I won't go over the stats, I assume he's built as a carry.

[Q]
I assume this is toggled around himself? The 66% sight reduction makes it all too easy for him to juke. On the other side of the wading pool, however, concealing projectiles doesn't do Gransurg any justice since, well, he'll be visible anyway. Unless of course, said juking is in place. This spell will have great use in the jungle, but will be fairly useless in lane or anywhere else.
I'm also not too sure the 1s CD is any saving grace for the spell - why not make this either a passive effect or an active with a cooldown, but buff up the sight reduction, give invisibility etc?

[W]
Is this skill passive or a toggled active, and how does it interact with magic immunity?

[E]
I believe this to be the most creative use of the Q spell, but again, I'm still unsure of your Q mechanics regarding casting. Do clarify, thanks!

[R]
1,500 is huge enough to cover most heroes' sight radius. Extending attack range and giving a permanent move speed bonus to melee units effectively makes it impossible for enemies to escape effectively once they see you.
Nice mask, they said.

What mask?

Kentard

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oceancalm » November 30, 2014 11:41pm | Report
Hi Ken, thx for the review! You know, the raven theme is my last idea after searching so hard for a cool theme,, ^ ^

First thing I want to clarify, he is mainly a support. Yes, he can be a carry because of [W], but the synergy of his other skills tells otherwise.

[Mist of the Damned]
Not toggle. Let's say it's broodmother's web, but you can only place one at a time. so the fog is stationary. It is useful for attacking enemy tower or defending tower, as it is permanently stationary.

[Wraith's Talon]
Magical immunity cannot dissipate the charge, but receives no damage from the burst. So if target with magical immunity is struck by it, charge still counts. And when the burst is triggered while target is still immune, target receives no extra damage.

[Catalyst]
Now that you mentioned that [Q] is quite useless, that's when this comes in handy. I think this is not OP, yes, this is exactly a skill to hook escaping heroes, but not if enemies are fully prepared (and brave :D). Just counter the mist with wards.

[Nevermore]
Thank you,, this skill makes the total of the mist may exist at a time to 2. However, the second mist can be cast anywhere on the map with very high mana cost ;)

I believe you have something in mind to revise this hero, maybe?

oceancalm

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved