Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Cretam Tractum, The Rithmatist

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Cretam Tractum, The Rithmatist 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Powergoat » July 29, 2014 4:39pm | Report

Cretam Taractum, The Rithmatist

Faction:The Dire
Primary Attribute:Intelligence
Attack type:ranged
Base Attack time:2
Attack range:690
Attack damage:70-80
Move speed:285
Role(s):support, Nuker, Durable
Strength:22+1.2
Agility:14+1.0
intelligence:22+2.1

Disclaimer: I did not invent the concept of Rithmatics. the basis of this idea came from a book called The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson

Innate Ability:D:Line of Warding
Ability:No target Affects:Self
The Rithmatist channels for a short duration to draw a circle around himself. As long as he is in this circle he cannot be Be stunned, silenced, or hexed. Abilities that mute go through this.Only one circle can exist at a time. If Rithmatist is interupted in any of his channels the channel has no effect. If Rithmatist takes a percentage of his current halth the line breaks.

Channel time:2
Circle radius:250
Damage to break:33%

Ability1:Q:Line of Revocation
Ability:Single target Affects:Enemies Damage:Magical
The Rithmatist channels a line of Revocation, Firing towards the target enemy and doing damage on impact. Will do a percentage of the max damage to Creeps and Heroes it flies through. Damage is directly related to time spent channeling.All Damage done to enemies it hits in it's path. Rithmatist must have vision for the duration of the channel

Max channel duration:1/2/3/4
Damage per second channeled:100/120/140/160
Damage per target passed:20%
Mana cost:130/140/150/160 Cooldown:8

Ability2:W:Line of Forbiddance
Ability:ground target Affects:All Units
Rithmatist does a quick channel and draws a line on the ground perpendicular to the direction he is facing.This line will stop any hero, unit, or projectile from passing through. Any projectile that does damage to a hero can be intercepted by the wall and will do damage to it instead. Projectiles are considered to be any ranged attack animation or any spell that has to travel to reach it's target. Units and Heroes will not try to path around the wall (much like Disrupter's kinetic field), and units and heroes that try to path through it will do damage, and heroes will do damage based on their strength. Heroes and Hero controlled units can alternatively Attack the line directly for 1/2 damage

Cast point:0.5
Line Health:100/200/300/400
Line width:600
Creep walk damage per second:15
Hero walk damage per second:10 +0.5 per strength
Mana cost:70 Cooldown:20/18/16/14

Ability3:E:Line of Silencing
Ability:Ground target Affects:enemies
Rithmatist Draws a line of silencing on the ground, Causing anyone who speaks loudly to lose their voice. the line of silencing silences enemies for a set duration and ministuns, in a range based of how much mana the ability costs. The silence is before the spell, effectively stopping the spell from being cast. Cannot put a spell on cooldown. After the Duration a Line of silencing losses it's power but remains on the batlefield

Silence duration:0.5/1/1.5/2
Stun duration:0.5
Range per mana spent:range= 8 x mana (Might change)
Duration:20
Health:50
Mana cost:50 Cooldown:25

Ability4:R:Line of Making
Ability:ground target
Rithmatist spends time channeling a line of making, creating a chalkling. chalklings are chalk-made creatures that are controllable by the caster. Chalklings have a set duration, but their health and damage are determined by the time spent channeling.

Cast range:300
Number of chalklings:1
Minimum channel time:1 Maximum channel time:10
Duration:25(*40)
Attack/second channeled:15+ 5/8/11(*20+ 10/13/16)
Health/second channeled:20+ 100/250/400
Bounty/Second channeled:10+ 10/12/14
Mana cost:50/75/100 cooldown:time spent channling

Chalking stats
Movespeed:340
Armor:1
BAT:1.5
Experience:50
Sight range:1400:1200
Magic resist:75%

Powergoat

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » July 29, 2014 11:41pm | Report
nice concept particularly that second skill. good good ! :D

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » July 30, 2014 12:00am | Report
It's looking really awesome and unique so far, and I love how his ultimate looks :D.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Valar Morghulis » July 30, 2014 1:30am | Report
This is one of the more creative, however at the same time more... doable ideas I've seen. Really like how this is panning out, I'd play this hero given a chance.

Great job man :D

Valar

PS: If the ultimate is anything like the artwork, you have my vote :D
All men must die, atleast while Shallow Grave is on cooldown.

Valar Morghulis

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » July 30, 2014 7:06am | Report
i have to say, the ultimate is very nice, but the mana cost seems a bit too prohibitive.
reduce the mana cost. I'm saying this because the support will most likely be poor and underleveled, so will most likely use the chalkling as a scout. 200 mana is too much.
is the damage calculation like this?
11 (on max level) + 15*10 (max channeling) = 161 ?
very good scouting/ward/attack thingy.

very viable support IMO with the potential projectile stop (no fun 4 tinker, clockwerk and ancient apparition!)

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Powergoat » July 30, 2014 7:45am | Report
The damage is less then that, 15 is base damage. 15+11*10=125, but with 4000 health and 75% spell resist that chalkling will probobly attack for the whole duration.

Powergoat

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jaitara_x » July 30, 2014 11:32am | Report
This is actually a really, REALLY awesome idea! :D Just a few suggestions that might help.

LINE OF MAKING: The base duration of the chalklings should be a little longer. Also, is the mana cost listed a cost per second of channeling, or just a flat mana cost per cast? And for the X + Y/Y/Y, is it X per second + a flat Y, a flat X + Y per second, or is it the quantity X + Y per second? Not sure why, but it seems a bit unclear to me.

LINE OF SILENCING: The line should actually be an AoE that acts as a "silence aura" for all enemies within it. It could work like an invisible ward that can be revealed with sentries or gem. I like the idea of the mana cost being a function of the duration spent channeling. For example:

AoE growth per second channeled (in units): 20/30/40/50
Max AoE: 250/350/450/550
Silence duration after leaving circle: 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0

I'm not sure if that's anything like what you had in mind, but that's how I interpreted the ability based on your description and the drawing, heh. I'm not sure if DotA mechanics would be able to silence enemies "before" they cast a spell. Maybe it's possible, but in the off-chance that it isn't, I thought I'd offer this as a possibility, too.

The other abilities look just fine as-is, though I was wondering if maybe LINE OF REVOCATION should be more like an invisible Templar Assassin trap (albeit with different dimensions) with a set number of charges that damages all who cross it. Perhaps more charges, length, etc, the longer it's channeled. The same thing with LINE OF FORBIDDANCE. I just considered this because of his innate passive, LINE OF WARDING, and the fact that he actually has to spend time drawing/chalking out these various symbols and/or rune traps.

But again, it looks fine as is, and I would totally like to play a hero that revolves around channeled abilities :)

jaitara_x

Notable (1)
Steam: The Malkavian
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Powergoat » July 30, 2014 12:57pm | Report
jaitara_x wrote:

This is actually a really, REALLY awesome idea! :D Just a few suggestions that might help.

LINE OF MAKING: The base duration of the chalklings should be a little longer. Also, is the mana cost listed a cost per second of channeling, or just a flat mana cost per cast? And for the X + Y/Y/Y, is it X per second + a flat Y, a flat X + Y per second, or is it the quantity X + Y per second? Not sure why, but it seems a bit unclear to me.

LINE OF SILENCING: The line should actually be an AoE that acts as a "silence aura" for all enemies within it. It could work like an invisible ward that can be revealed with sentries or gem. I like the idea of the mana cost being a function of the duration spent channeling. For example:

AoE growth per second channeled (in units): 20/30/40/50
Max AoE: 250/350/450/550
Silence duration after leaving circle: 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0

I'm not sure if that's anything like what you had in mind, but that's how I interpreted the ability based on your description and the drawing, heh. I'm not sure if DotA mechanics would be able to silence enemies "before" they cast a spell. Maybe it's possible, but in the off-chance that it isn't, I thought I'd offer this as a possibility, too.

The other abilities look just fine as-is, though I was wondering if maybe LINE OF REVOCATION should be more like an invisible Templar Assassin trap (albeit with different dimensions) with a set number of charges that damages all who cross it. Perhaps more charges, length, etc, the longer it's channeled. The same thing with LINE OF FORBIDDANCE. I just considered this because of his innate passive, LINE OF WARDING, and the fact that he actually has to spend time drawing/chalking out these various symbols and/or rune traps.

But again, it looks fine as is, and I would totally like to play a hero that revolves around channeled abilities :)

First of all, The mana cost on line of making is Flat, but making it a channel would not be a bad Idea. Also, the formula works like Flat X + Y/Y/Y Per second

For the line of silencing, I would like to keep the silence radius a multiplier of mana spent. As I disclaimed above, this hero is based on a book, where Rithmatics is common. In the book the line of Silencing Would mute things that were louder more readily, while whispers were untouched. I also think this allows for a unique mechanic, where there are distances where you can cast some spells but not others.

For the line of Revocation, in the book it is a projectile, and is more powerful based on the perfection of the line. also, if it were a trap, it would not give him much to do in team fights.

As he currently is, i see his as a hero that excels when he has time to prepare. In a roshan fight or a highground defense, he would place down his lines of silencing, forbiddance, create a max level chalkling, and sit in his line of warding throwing lines of revocation and low level lines of making. The cooldowns of these two spells let them be alternated efficiently, and if he cant do anything else he can autoattack with his 2.0 BAT (which is based of lines of vigor, a weaker version of a line of revocation)

Powergoat

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jaitara_x » July 31, 2014 8:33am | Report
Ah, so it IS actually a circle, and not a line, like I thought! Okay, then. For some reason, the description led me to believe that it was just a ________ line, like that. Which seemed a little bit limiting, if the goal was do silence people in an area xD

And if the Line of Revocation is, in fact, a projectile, then it should stay as-is :P might need a slight buff to damage or mana cost, though, as compared to KotL's Illuminate, it seems significantly weaker when compared to mana cost.

Again, awesome hero idea. Makes me think back to the old-school days when Wizards were crazy old people who made magic happen by scribbling circles and arcane symbols onto huge, flat surfaces. Oh, and one more question: does the Line of Warding have its own hit points, or does it simply provide a buff so long as Cretam doesn't take lots of damage?

jaitara_x

Notable (1)
Steam: The Malkavian
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Powergoat » July 31, 2014 12:52pm | Report
Well, the ability to do 640 damage an a 8 second cool-down is not to be laughed at, and the line of warding lets him cast it uninterrupted

And the line of warding has no health itself, but will break and disappear when the damage threshold is reached.

And on that crazy wizard note, i still have to write a back story and that seems like a fabulous idea.

Powergoat

Notable (4)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved