Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Claus the Surgeon of Death

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Claus the Surgeon of Death 2 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Good or Bad
Good
Nice try, but no...
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by clayfaze » December 28, 2015 6:37am | Report

Claus the Surgeon of Death

STATS

Faction: The Dire
Primary Attribute: Strength

Claus
Attack Type: Melee
Roles: Carry, Disabler, Nuke

Str: 83.4 at 25 (27 + 2.35/level)
Agi: 59.3 at 25 (19 + 1.68/level)
Int: 74.5 at 25 (14 + 2.52/level)

Health: 1,586 at 25
MP: 784 at 25
Armor: 10.6 (0 base armor + 10.6) at 25
Movement: 310
Range: 120 (melee)

LORE

Some say he's crazy, others say he's a lunatic, many even says he really doesn't exist or is just a legend told by adults to scare the young. But few really know the true horror of the Surgeon who can even inanimate the dead.

On his fair days, Claus, a very skillful medical surgeon who specialize the anatomy of every living being, was renowned to be the best of the best. Competed equally in terms of mental skills with Boush on their youth, Claus was definitely a legend on his field of work. But, a very unfortunate event occur that made Claus to lose his mind and was driven mad. A fire broke out, his wife and children died from the incident.

This event torned Claus apart and began to study not the living beings anymore, but the dead.

Claus resulted to preserving his family's bodies, hoping that one day his experiments will come to success and revived them. At first, he began experimenting on dead animals. The medicines he used slowly blended with his tissues, making him age fast, but improved his physique rendering him strength capable of incapacitating beasts. His body slowly morphed into a different and cannot be explained figure.

As days, years, decades went on... Claus did not stop for he hoped that one day he will be together with his family again, but all dread him because of his figure and his ways. This drove Claus to be more mad. Enraged, he killed tens, even hundreds of people using only his needle as his weapon.

Claus did not remember anymore his purpose and began challenging the strong, and experimenting on their bodies later on.

SKILLS

[Q] Noxious Needle - Claus injects the target with his toxic needle making them unable to move and lose health over time, reducing their movement speed for a period of time.

Type: Single Target
Affect: Enemy Units

MP Cost: 100
Cool Down: 8 seconds
DPS: 35/45/55/65
Stun Duration: 1/1.3/1.6/1.9/2.2
Movement Slow: 20%/29%/38%/47% for 3 seconds after the stunned
Cast Range: 120 (melee)

[W] Anesthetic Rage Claus goes berserk for a period of time making him attack faster and take absolutely no effect from physical damage dealt by the enemy.

Type: active
Affects: Claus

MP Cost: 130/115/100/85
Cool Down: 18/14/10/6 seconds
Duration: 2/2.4/2.8/3.2 seconds

Greedy Dosage - Passive: Claus takes his self made drugs every time he takes so much damage increasing his armor by 2/3/4/5 the more health he loses, but returns when his heath regenerates.

[R] Surgery of the Dead - Claus searches the corpse of the nearest hero who died in the area then summons an inamate corpes in full health and mana capable of the same abilities and items. Claus takes control of the summoned unit to bring him aid in battle once again. As long as Claus lives, the summoned unit is also alive.

Passive: Claus gains bonus health regeneration by 2%/3%/4% if there are no units summoned by the surgery.

Type: AOE

MP Cost: 275/325/375
Cool Down: 180/170/160 seconds
Duration: as long as Claus is alive
AOE: 600/700/800

Note: if Surgery is cast again, the summoned unit is replaced by a new unit. skills and item cooldowns are refreshed as the unit is summoned.

[D] Deny Surgery Immediately denies the summoned unit.

check my other hero blogs right here:
Corus the Spectrum 2.0
Zhan and Yhen the Spirit Monks 2.0

clayfaze

Steam: dont invite or you'll lose
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CombustibleLemon2 » January 24, 2016 2:43pm | Report
I love the concept, very interesting especially the ultimate, though I have some suggestions and a bit of issues with the second and third skill. I like the first skill, though it is extremely strong. Maybe make the slow a bit less after the stun, like instead of 20/29/38/47 make it 20/24/28/32%. Reason for this is the hero is already stunned for 2.2 seconds on level four, so having a 47% slow for 3 seconds essentially prevents the hero from going anywhere for 5.2 seconds. But it's good that it's really strong because of the short range so take it as you like. The second skill I suggest increasing the cooldown, because there's too much uptime on the physical immunity (can be physically immune every 3 seconds on level 4!). Maybe rescale to 20/18/16/14. Also you didn't give the values for the increased attack speed, but since the duration is so short it should be a lot, like maybe 60/80/100/120. I'm not quite sure what to make out of the third skill, I don't really understand it. I guess he gains armor under a certain hp value? Kind of like beserker's blood but for physical damage? Adding numbers would have helped. Though I suggest replacing it with a different passive for skill because it doesn't really synergize well considering he can make himself physical immune. Maybe an aura that buffs allied units to synergize with the ultimate. For example allies in an aoe around Claus are frenzied by the noxious chemicals he consumes, giving them a chance to deal critical damage on both spell and autoattack damage. The crit could be set at 120% and the scaling factor would be it's proc chance (maybe 15/20/25/30%). Also the regeneration given if no units are summoned should have a duration, like maybe 5 seconds. And if that happens maybe the cd should be a lot less like 30 seconds or something.

CombustibleLemon2

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved