Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[Classified], The Red Agent

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » [Classified], The Red Agent 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » February 2, 2015 2:16pm | Report

[Classified], The Red Agent

Dire, Ranged-Melee, Agility

Strength: 18 + 1.8
Agility: 22 + 2.1
Intelligence: 20 + 1.9

Health:492 Mana:260
Damage:34±5 Armor: 5
MS:300 Attacks/Second: 0.67
BAT: 1.3 Attack Range: 500
Sight: 1800/800

Lore

Many myths surround the mysterious Red Agent. Who does he work for? What are his goals? We may never know, but that hasn't stopped people to speculate his origins. Some say he was a Keen. He was a spy during the Keen-Troll War, and after the war; he was still addicted to stealth and assassinations. He became a mercenary, that would serve Generals, Warlords, Kings and... crazy keens in metal birds? Ummm..excuse me? Is there a typo in the script? What do you mean he actually helped a crazy old man in a metal bird? Where is the evidence? C'mon, I'm not paying you to make stuff up. It doesn't matter that I'm not paying you. Just go, it's okay, just ignore it. *Throat clearing* Okay, back to what matters. The Red Agent is a master stealth operator. He has never been caught, and very few photos of him exist. Some even deny his existence. Regardless if you believe in him or not, if the The Red Agent is after you, checking your medications to see if you're hallucinating is the least of your worries...

Grapple Hook SR A

Skillshot

[Classified] shoots out a grapple hook. IF the grapple hook hits any solid body (trees, enemies, allies, creeps...etc), [Classified] is pulled toward that area/target. [Classified] has two Grapple Hooks. If the Grapple Hook hooks on to an enemy, or an enemy is in the path of the Grapple Hook, they take damage.

Range: 600/800/1000/1350
Pull Speed: 820
Damage: 150
MC: 50 CD: 20/18/16/10

Grapple Hook SR B

Skillshot

Same as Grapple Hook SR A

Improvised EMP

Passive

After every spell, [Classified] activates an EMP. The EMP will detonate after a short duration. Enemies in the EMP range are stunned and have some of their mana burned. Any ward that was hit by the EMP, are deactivated for a short duration.

Delay: 1 second
Radius: 220
Stun Duration: 0.75 second
Mana Burned: 100/150/200/250
Ward Deactivation: 6 seconds
CD: 10 seconds

Static Field

Active
Magical

[Classified] activates his Static Field. Enemies around [Classified] are severely slowed. Enemies in the Static Field have their armor and magic resistance lowered. When an enemy leaves the static Field, the armor/magic resistance debuff lingers for 2 seconds.

Radius: 320
Slow: 75%
Armor Lower: 4/6/8/10
Magic Resistance Lower: 10%/15%/20%/25%
Duration: 10 seconds
MC: 70 CD: 30/25/20/15 seconds

Equipment Swap

Self Target

[Classified] changes his equipment from Assault Mode to Stealth mode, or vice verse. During Assault mode, [Classified]'s is ranged and deals regular damage and has his regular attack speed. During Stealth Mode increased damage and is no longer ranged.

Damage Bonus: 50%
Channel Duration: 2/1.5/0
MC: 20

Stealth Suit

Self Target

Replaces Grapple Hook SR B, but not A. [Classified]'s activates his Stealth Suit, and becomes invisible. Using Grapple Hook SR A will not break the invisibility, but attack and other spells will. This is not a windwalk. If [Classified] breaks the invisibility with an auto-attack, the auto-attack deals bonus damage. This ability also has a passive effect; [Classified] does not show up on the mini-map.

Duration: 30/40/50/60
Bonus Damage: 40/60/80/100
MC: 50 CD: 20

Night Vision Goggles

Passive/Active

Replaces Improvised EMP. [Classified] night vision goggles allows him to gain bonus vision during the night. [Classified] also sees the mana of opponents above them, and can see what spells are on cooldown (but not how long they are on cooldown). When activated, [Classified] has true sight for a short duration. When True Vision is on, Night Vision Goggles bonus vision is negated.

Bonus Vision: 900/1100/1200/1300
True Sight Duration: 10 seconds
CD: 30 seconds

Cover Fire

Toggle

Replaces Static Field. [Classified] takes out a pistol. When [Classified] targets an enemy to auto-attack, he will also shoot him with his pistol. The pistol does not interfere with his regular auto attacking or movement. Some Attack Modifiers are passed on to the ranged attack.

Damage: 90% of [Classified] Base damage
MC: 90 CD: 17 seconds
Before you ask why, think for a moment, why not.

Scezory

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » February 3, 2015 5:16pm | Report
I am perfectly fine with people criticizing my work.

Scezory

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 4, 2015 1:25am | Report
I love the hell out of the Hook+EMP combo. The assault mode is good, but it has ine problem: it doesnt deal damage. Sure, you have machine guns, but i see little synergy in it. I would replace it with something else

The stealth mode is.. Weak compared to assault. The attack speed decrease of 60% is just too much for you to be able to attack anyone. Also i feel really weird, since the assault is ganker.. And stealth is just meh,

TO DO:
Replace machine guns
Rework stealth mode
FIX FORMATS MY EYES HURT
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » February 4, 2015 2:04pm | Report
Do you want me to compact the hero idea? Like add those plus squares?

Also i edited the stuff.

Assault mode is supposed to be less single target based and more carry-ish.

Stealth Mode on the other hand is supposed to scout and be single target murderer.

Also i changed auto-targeting machine gun, and made it into an slow/armor debuff.
[Classified] may have little damage, but he has a BAT of 1.2 seconds. This makes him a viable hard carry, and are armor debuff should be a great on him.

Scezory

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 4, 2015 3:03pm | Report
Na no need for too complicated, just tidy up your [Enter]s.

Also the EMP doesnt damage right? I dint see a damage in the description. Keep it that way. Also add some damage to the hooks if i were yiu.

But all in all, nice hero :)
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » February 5, 2015 12:27pm | Report
Wouldn't that be OP?

He is already ranged if the grapple hook did damage he would be able to rekt in team fights.

Scezory

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 5, 2015 3:57pm | Report
I just mean a minor damage like each does 180
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kentard » February 8, 2015 6:05am | Report
Very interesting concept - +1 Rep from me for the effort and the revolutionary idea. (+1 me back, too, hehe).

So far, here's what I've noticed:
Assault Mode
Assault Mode seems more catered to offensive, mobile support rather than a very carry-ish build; if anything Stealth Mode seems more catered to a gameplay akin to Riki, nevermind that the damage gain from stats is relatively measly.

I also noticed that the radius for spells is extremely tiny - for reference, Slithereen Crush, one of the most useful close-ranged stuns with a short cast animation, has a 350 radius. Consider buffing the AOE for the EMP, or at least, the Static Field, to about 300-400. I'm sure the armor debuff does quite a bit of justice, but considering that none of your spells does magic damage (or, in fact, any damage in Assault Mode), magic resist reduction isn't entirely necessary. It is a nice debuff to have, though.

Pull speed for both hooks is as slow as a Spirit Breaker charge. Barring the movement of an enemy hit by a hook, an enemy hit by a max ranged, Level 4 Hook takes 1.875s to have [Classified] even come close to use his other 2 spells. Consider raising the speed of the pull by a ton, or at least slowing enemies that have been pulled.

Stealth Mode
This, I believe, is where the fun starts. However:

I'd consider making Cover Fire a toggle-able active, since it's essentially a melee-ranged Geminate Attack, which doesn't seem particularly useful. Instead, as an active with a decent range, it transforms into a powerful finisher, similar to Gangplank's Parlay in LOL. This can also be more useful with the ability to carry over Unique Attack Modifiers such as Eye of Skadi.

For NVG, 15s true sight for no drawback makes him a very efficient counter-ganker and counter-warder; if anything, a bit too efficient. Either reduce the true sight duration/increase the cooldown, or have a penalty for using up the true sight - during the cooldown, night vision radius is reduced to about 600, maybe?

No qualms about the invisibility or bonus damage, though. Seems fairly balanced to me; however, consider having some offensive capability in the Assault Mode's spells. Apart from that, very nice way of blending multiple heroes' concepts into one smooth ganker/counterganker combo.
Nice mask, they said.

What mask?

Kentard

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » February 8, 2015 8:17am | Report
I made [Classified] have very low BAT so he would be able to attack extremely fast. If i added damage to Static Field, wouldn't it be a bit too much? If someone Static Field-ed, the enemy would be stunned, have their mana burned and have their armor/MR lowered by a huge amount. With [Classified] low BAT he could deal massive damage to enemies, and grapple hook away if at low health.

Scezory

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kentard » February 12, 2015 4:55am | Report
Thankfully, Classified doesn't have nearly enough base damage to make that very useful in the earliest laning stage. However, a few points of consideration (at least, IMO). Take them with a pinch of salt, as you will:

Issue #1: 1.2 BAT
While this isn't too big of a concern given a relatively low AGI gain and 0.67 Attacks/s at Level 1, eventually this guy only needs to go for damage items, e.g. Phase Boots. Considering its also an Agility Hero, 1.2 BAT is ridiculously low for the benefits it provides, including 500 Range.

Possible Solutions:
Increase BAT to 1.3 / 1.4 (on par with Windranger)
Increase Base Damage by 4 - 8 to compensate.
Change Hero to INT type.

Issue #2: Huge Armor Penalty on Static Field
-13 Armor at Level 7 is huge. -5 Armor at Level 1 is even more exaggerated. Slardar at Level 6 only does -10 with his Amplify Damage, and justifiably, it's his ultimate. I have no qualms about the rest of the debuffs, except possibly the duration which is still huge considering other vital debuffs like Smoke Screen last up to 6s.

Possible Solutions:
Decrease Armor Penalty to -2/3/4/6 or 3/4/5/6.
Decrease debuff duration to a maximum 5 - 7s.

Issue #3: Grapple Hook
Even considering the ridiculously low BAT and attack range combination of Classified, the hook is too slow at later levels.
Moreover, 2 x 600 range hooks are a fairly huge mobility advantage at Level 1; if possible, increase this to match other large mobility skills like Icarus Dive, but retain parity with maxed out Blink.

Possible Solutions:
Have the hook travel speed scale with levels - e.g. fixed 0.66s travel time at max range, or 900/1200/1500/2025ms.
Have the hook's damage scale with levels - 50/75/100/125.
Rescale hook cooldown to 28/22/16/10.
Nice mask, they said.

What mask?

Kentard

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved