Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Azbelior The Anomaly (Super Creep!)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Azbelior The Anomaly (Super Creep!) 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » February 14, 2014 6:31pm | Report

Azbelior The Anomaly

This hero is a hero that was inspired by the Dota2 Comic "Are we heroes yet" and incorporating part of the stories into this hero's lore that is the demon edge part. This hero is a Super Creep! I imagine it to look like a dire melee creep, slightly bigger and wearing some sort of armor as well as holding a demon edge.

I created this hero not just because I want to create a hero from creep though, this whole hero concept is basically like alchemist, a very strong late carry that focus on farming throughout the game. Unlike alchemist with his unstable concoction though, this hero is utterly useless in beginning without any farming advantage. With a crippling weakness of abysmal stats (15 in all) and lack of any escape or disable / durable skills, a few auto attacks and nukes can kill this hero no sweat.

However, with enough farm and patience this hero can really pays off. His Essence Sap skill is actually this guy's core, it allows him to permanently gain bonus damage and HP per kill, which can be gained even from killing creep. Together with Demonic Slash that doubles his Essence Sap steal upon activation, this guy can have a high damage and HP. Demonic Slash was created to help this guy farm, with an ability to spawn a unit upon killing that can spawn more units, this skill is this hero's auto farming skill, like Acid Spray.

Let me tell you a little bit about his apprehension skill, 20% chance to deal 3* damage that can be further strengthen with his ultimate activation to 35% chance. It does sound OP, but then there is a major fallback, this skill only affects heroes with same primary attribute as this hero. But how, you ask? He has an inbound skill that is called Anomaly that passively shifts his primary attribute to his highest attribute. Can go perfect with power thread if you ask me. Apprehension also is a great farming skill since it affects all creeps.

After enough farming, this hero can really kick enemies' heroes. With his Apprehension skill that was devised to be an exceptionally powerful critical strike and his ultimate skill that can multiply his stats, damage and HP in an instant, this hero can shine in late game war. Oh, and not to mention Essence Sap can also steal killed hero primary attribute permanently.

Statistics

Faction: The Dire
Primary Attribute: None (Check Anomaly skill)
Attack Type: Melee
Roles: Carry, Pusher

Str: 65 at 25 (15 + 2/level)
Agi: 65 at 25 (15 + 2/level)
Int: 65 at 25 (15 + 2/level)

Health: 1385 at 25
MP: 845 at 25
Armor: 11.2 (2 base armor +9.2) at 25
Movement: 325
Range: 200 (Melee)

Lore: It was a day like many others, a day so normal in the time of war between the Dire and Radiant. The Creeps fighting aimlessly only to die without achieving anything, a pitiful sight in the eye of bystanders. That day however, an anomaly happened. That day, a creep was spawned with consciousness.

Who am I? Where is this? A thought surfaced. "Hey, where are we going?" A sound resounded, only to no answer. "Hey, answer me!" Still no answer, even if there are clearly his kin nearby. "What's going on here?" Puzzled, he followed his kin, walking to the battleground to face their fate like the countless other creeps. But this one, he did not. "Why should I go there? No way I'm just gonna die like that!" He turned his back upon his kin, unwilling to throw away his life.

He continued to wander; in centuries he has been watching the Heroes. In decades he longs to become one, to have a name in this Great War. In decades he learned from his experienced and battled other creeps, trying to be a hero. And on one fateful day, he has a chance to be one.

There existed a legend of the Demon Edge. Said to be the strongest blade ever made, to be a blade so strong it will only let itself wielded by worthy wielders; the ones called heroes.

His heart was beating fast. This is my chance! I can be a hero if I have this blade! As he reached out his hand to take the blade, the tales ran through his mind, of the many deaths of the unworthy. Of the tragic demise of those trying to own demon edge, only to be rejected by it. He trembled, shivering in fear. He closed his eyes, readying himself of what might be to come.

He let out his hand
It reached the Demon Edge
Ah, Azbelior! I've been waiting!
A sound resounds in his head
He knew it's the sound of the blade
He knew he was ready
And he is ready to let the world knows
Of an Anomaly named Azbelior

Skills

[]/[D] Anomaly: Azbelior is an anomaly, which was originally a creep. Unlike a hero, he was not born with any strong attribute. What he has is simply a consciousness and experience, so when Azbelior finally became a hero that is recognized by the Demon Edge, he is not tied down to 1 attribute like the heroes. This skill passively shift Azbelior's primary attribute to his highest attribute. If his attributes are the same, this skill became active and he can shift it on his will.

Type: Passive
Affects: Self
Obtained by default

[Q] Demonic Slash: The Anomaly imbues the Demon Edge with a fragment of his soul, this cause his attacks to inject part of his conscience to the unit. While this skill is active, it overrides all attack modifiers for certain maximum duration. All units killed by an attack of this modifier grants double Essence Sap bonus and will be revived under Azbelior's control without any skill and set amount of maximum HP. The unit receives a passive skill [Demonic Strike] of the same level of Demonic Slash.

- 35% sum of attributes as bonus damage. 300 HP
- 40% sum of attributes as bonus damage, 400 HP
- 45% sum of attributes as bonus damage, 500 HP
- 50% sum of attributes as bonus damage, 600 HP

Damage: Magical
Type: Toggle
Affect: Self

MP Cost: 120
HP cost: 5% max HP / second
Cool Down: 20 Seconds
Maximum Duration: 3 seconds

Resurrected unit bounty: 50% original bounty for creeps, none for heroes
Unit timed life: 30 seconds

An injection of other conscience causes the body of victim to reject it, sadly, many fails to completely reject it.

[] Demonic Strike: A consciousness overwrites this unit's conscience, and forces it to pass the consciousness along. This skill grants bonus damage based on Azbelior's sum of attributes and 250 radius life steal aura. This unit constantly loses HP / second. If this unit kills another unit, that unit is also revived with a fixed amount of HP based on Demonic Slash level and gains this ability as well.

- 5% sum of attributes, 5% life steal, 10% max HP lost
- 10% sum of attributes, 8% life steal, 8% max HP lost
- 15% sum of attributes, 11% life steal, 6% max HP lost
- 20% sum of attributes, 14% life steal, 4% max HP lost

[] Apprehension: Azbelior has spent centuries watching heroes in hope to become one of them, this has allowed him to have a great insight that could understand the weakness of his enemies. This skill grants Azbelior critical strike chance upon attacking. Does not affect heroes with different primary attribute., but always affects creeps, ancients and Roshan.

- 12.5% chance for 1.5* damage
- 15% chance for 2* damage
- 17.5% chance for 2.5* damage
- 20% chance for 3* damage

Type: No Target
Critical Strike cool down: 1 second

Sometimes, being a bystander is great for a long run

[] Essence Sap: The Demon Edge shift in effects according to the will of the owner. In the hand of Azbelior, his one true wish affects the Demon Edge's effect; to be as strong as the heroes he saw from the sideline. This skill permanently steals a part of opponents' HP and damage as his own, as well as primary attribute of heroes that are killed or assisted by Azbelior. This skill does not activate even if the heroes are killed close to him if it doesn't count as assist, must be taken first to get the effect and also affects creep, but doesn't steal attribute from creeps. Damage steal is counted from base damage.

- 0.5% HP and damage, 0.5 primary attribute
- 1% HP and damage, 1 primary attribute
- 1.5% HP and damage, 1.5 primary attribute
- 2% HP and damage, 2 primary attribute

Now I can be as strong as you!

[R] Awakening: The Anomaly uses the power hidden inside Demon Edge's nemesis stones to transform himself into a great demon. In this state, all the HP, damage and stats received by Essence Sap and Demonic Slash are multiplied. The chance of Apprehension also increases in this state.

- +5% Apprehension chance, 4 seconds duration, 2 times multiplier
- +10% Apprehension chance, 5 seconds duration, 2.5 times multiplier
- +15% Apprehension chance, 6 seconds duration, 3 times multiplier

Type: No Target,
Affects: Self

MP Cost: 300
Cool Down: 120 Seconds
Base Attack Time: 1.6 Seconds

Scepter upgradable: Remove Apprehension critical cool down and gain Demonic Strike of the level without HP cost (does not override attack modifier and stack with Demonic Slash damage bonus) when Awakening is active

As nemesis stones awakened, a lifelong dream is fulfilled
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MasterMinddd » February 17, 2014 9:34am | Report
Wowowowow awesomeeeeee

For apprehension, do explain what you mean by "heros with different attribute"
Good sirs, do check out my supreme New Abilities forum if you are in need of finding ideas to use for your creations! FREE FOR ALL

MasterMinddd

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » February 17, 2014 1:09pm | Report
Thank you for the praise! :D

Alright, it means that if Azbelior currently has Agility as his primary attribute, apprehension doesn't works to strength or intel hero and vice versa. Apprehension only works if Azbelior primary attribute is the same as the hero hit by him.

This skill was meant to be used alongside with his Anomaly in-bound skill that automatically shifts his primary attribute. Let's say that Azbelior already bought the power thread and he is fighting 2 heroes at once. Say it's Drow Ranger and Necrophos. First he can simply change his power thread to intelligence, and with balanced stats it will shift his primary attribute to intelligence. Then he can go and hit on Necrophos, having the Apprehension skill on proc. He then kill Necrophos, leaving the Drow Ranger alone. If Azbelior hits Drow Ranger with his current attribute he won't be able to trigger the Apprehension because they have different primary attribute. So what he needs to do is shift his power thread to agility and change his primary attribute to agility.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MasterMinddd » February 18, 2014 9:03am | Report
so, if Azbelior did not get Power Treads, or if his stats are equal, how will it work?
Good sirs, do check out my supreme New Abilities forum if you are in need of finding ideas to use for your creations! FREE FOR ALL

MasterMinddd

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » February 18, 2014 9:19am | Report
If his stats are equal the skill become active and he can shift his stats the same way as how power thread works.

If he doesn't take power thread it will just be the same like per usual, it will always follow his highest attribute.

This skill was set to rely quite a lot on planning, considering essence sap will also cause his stats to change everytime he kills/assist
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 6, 2014 11:00am | Report
This is not a mega creep. This is a gigacreep? Terra Creep? I don't even know.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 7, 2014 8:40am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

This is not a mega creep. This is a gigacreep? Terra Creep? I don't even know.

Lololol I take that as a compliment, thanks! GREATEST CREEP EVER RULEZ!
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » August 8, 2014 5:07am | Report
Add response when biying demon edge :D
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 8, 2014 9:02am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Add response when biying demon edge :D

Ahaha seems very interesting to add response to this hero, true
I guess I will soon, keep tuned in! :D
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved