Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Aridus, the Mirage

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Aridus, the Mirage 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 29, 2014 5:57am | Report

Aridus, The Mirage

Dire Intelligence
"Your own faulty perception will be your downfall."

Base health

: 492

Base mana

: 260

Base damage

: 48

Base armor

: 1

Movement speed

: 310

Attacks per second

: 0.68

Base attack time

: 1.7

Range

: 500

Vision range

: 1800/800

Strength

: 56.4 (18 +1.6)

Agility

: 59.2 (16 +1.8)

Intelligence

: 87.2 (20 +2.8)

Lore:
"Day 73 of the Explorer's log.
It's been 2 months since I have entered the Scintillant Wastes, and still not a speck of gold to be found. My trusty companion, Basto, has... Succumbed to the elements. Now I am alone in this world of endless sand. Over the last few weeks, the supplies ran dry, and my hunger and thirst grew. In the course of a few days, the lack of nourishment had caused me to cease all logical reasoning, and I wandered about aimlessly in the vast, empty expanses of the desert.
On the 71st day, I was already on all fours, panting in exhaustion, when I caught a glimpse of something over the endless horizon. "An oasis!" I thought, as I scrambled to my feet and used what was left of my energy to make my way to the source of water. However, as I grew closer to the oasis, its image slowly faded into the heat waves of the desert. I fell back onto the desert floor, disappointed. That was when my sanity came back to me: my hunger and thirst had pushed me to the point where I was unable to differentiate true from false. But there was more to this story. A man linen clothing appeared before me. "Your delusions have led you to your doom." He uttered, raising his hand out to do me harm. With that, I was back up on my feet, running in the opposite direction. But he somehow caught up and was in front of me once again, staring me down with ghostly white eyes. Wherever I ran, there he was. A shocking revelation came upon me: he was everywhere. The mysterious man quietly chanted a maddening phrase that drove me insane as he cornered me from all directions, and I crouched down and covered my ears in fright. "STOP!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. A moment of silence ensued. I opened my eyes, and I saw the vast expanses of the desert once again. The man was nowhere to be seen. I picked up my belongings and left without a scratch, though still without any water.
The next day, I actually stumbled upon a real oasis, and I have just drank my fill and refilled my canteen with water. My journey will continue when the moon is at its peak in the night sky, and before I start on my next entry, I will find treasure."

Q: Shroud of Deception
Type: No Target
Affects: Allies
Covers all nearby allies in a cloak of mystic sand, making them invisible. When enemy heroes are nearby, the cloak is dispelled after a fade time.
- 800/900/1000/1100 radius
- 20/25/30/35 second duration
- 1000/900/800/700 reveal range
- 0.8/0.9/1/1.1 second fade time
- 120/130/140/150 mana cost
- 90/80/70/60 second cooldown

A cloak of enchanted desert sand reflects light in such a manner that allows the user to move undetected.

Notes:

W: False Image
Type: Target-Unit
Creates an illusion of the target allied hero right next to himself that does the same amount of damage as the original does for the first few attacks. When a new illusion is created, the old one disappears.
- 500 cast range
- First 1/2/3/4 attacks deal 100% damage
- 25% illusion attack damage thereafter
- 300% illusion damage taken
- 15/20/25/30 second illusion duration
- 70/80/90/100 mana cost
- 25 second cooldown

Those who see through Aridus' trickery still feel his full fury.

Notes:

E: Mental Weakness
Type: Target-Unit
Affects: Enemies
The target enemy has its attack and movement speed slowed drastically and takes extra damage from illusions during this period.
- 700 range
- 40% slow and 1.5/2/2.5/3x illusion damage amplification for 3/4/5/6 seconds
- 100 mana cost
- 20 second cooldown

Enemies worn out by their constant mental struggle succumb easily to their vivid hallucinations.

Notes:

R: Mass Mirage
Type: No Target
Creates a clone of each of the Mirage's other teammates, all under his control, based on the level of False Image.
- 160/190/220 mana cost
- 90/75/60 second cooldown

Upgradeable by Aghanim's Scepter

With illusions clouding the minds of enemies, they can never be certain if anything is real at all.

Notes:

Good combos:

Tanky heroes that deal a lot of damage in one hit, like Treant Protector or Tiny, is the ideal target of False Image.

Riki's invisibility lets the illusion slip by enemy detection and surprise them with a full-damage Backstab.

Other illusion heroes, like Phantom Lancer or Naga Siren, or heroes that build Manta Style benefit from the bonuses from Mental Weakness.

This is a hero that specializes in illusions, but unlike most illusion heroes, he is a support! With Veil of Deception, he can forgo buying Smoke of Deceit entirely. With full damage on illusions for a few attacks, it is even easier to trick and bait enemy heroes. If this hero makes it into the game, it's definitely gonna be first-ban material in competitive. If you have any suggestions, please leave some feedback :)

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MasterMinddd » March 29, 2014 7:35am | Report
Earthshaker + dark seer vs Aridus and his mob = rampage

Like, for every image, Earthshaker's Echo Slam radiates damage. so, counting the extras from Aghanim Scepter and creeps, 15*70 is 1050 damage pus other creeps radiation, is a **** ton of damage.
The Aghanim Scepter's bonus is overpowered. it literally double the effectiveness of your ult. pls nerd it.
I can't help but to think if Aridus went to fight your Oculous Mage, what would happen.
But still, great job
Good sirs, do check out my supreme New Abilities forum if you are in need of finding ideas to use for your creations! FREE FOR ALL

MasterMinddd

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » March 29, 2014 8:55am | Report
Hey Porygon!

Seriously, I came here just to say GREAT LORE! I love how you have such a different way of writing and it is just so nicely written!
For the hero himself, interesting concept actually. I like how it's based on illusion and the false image is so interesting, however it is true that the ASU for the ulti is just a bit OP.
Great idea Porygon :)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 29, 2014 7:14pm | Report
MasterMinddd wrote:

Earthshaker + dark seer vs Aridus and his mob = rampage

Like, for every image, Earthshaker's Echo Slam radiates damage. so, counting the extras from Aghanim Scepter and creeps, 15*70 is 1050 damage pus other creeps radiation, is a **** ton of damage.
The Aghanim Scepter's bonus is overpowered. it literally double the effectiveness of your ult. pls nerd it.
I can't help but to think if Aridus went to fight your Oculous Mage, what would happen.
But still, great job

Haha yeah, all anti-illusion heroes counter Aridus, including my Ocular Mage idea :P

Yzreel wrote:

Hey Porygon!

Seriously, I came here just to say GREAT LORE! I love how you have such a different way of writing and it is just so nicely written!
For the hero himself, interesting concept actually. I like how it's based on illusion and the false image is so interesting, however it is true that the ASU for the ulti is just a bit OP.
Great idea Porygon :)

Thanks, I always put time and effort into the lore to keep my writing skills up to scratch. Glad you liked it :D

Since the 2 of you think that the ASU is too strong, I will nerf it to 2 bonus illusions instead.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved