Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ari - Jungler Brawler

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Ari - Jungler Brawler 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ShiShiOkami » January 20, 2015 3:53am | Report

Ari - Jungle Brawler

Ari, once a young gorilla, lived peacefully within the heart of the Tropics. Days spent with family, charging through the lush forest, and rough housing with siblings; but that was long ago.

Ever since witnessing the destruction of his home and slaughter of loves ones, Ari has realised the only way to survive, is to become the King of the Jungle.

While caged in the base of a poacher's camp, Ari witnessed daily hand-to-hand combat training, studying the deadly arts and learning how to overpower his enemies.

The fateful day arose, when Ari was finally able to break free from his imprisonment; immediately taking vengeance and claiming retribution over the murderous group that had taken all he had.

Now, Ari, the sole survivor of his fallen troop; the only one left to protect his heritage, the inner heart of his jungle.

Intelligence: 14 + 1.1
Agility: 22 + 2.5
Strength: 22 + 2.6

Base stats
Damage: 51 - 59
Move speed: 310
Armour: 3.88

Sight range: 1800/1000
Attack Range: Melee

Abilities

Monkey Wrench (Q):
Point target (skill shot)

Ari throws a wrench into the opponent's path to sabotage their intentions.
Effect: -40% movement speed, stops channelling abilities/teleports. Magic Damage
Levels
1. 100 Damage, 1 second slow
2. 160 Damage, 2 second slow
3. 220 Damage, 2 second slow
4. 280 Damage, 3 second slow

90 Mana cost
12 Second cooldown.

Projectile moves through units. 900 range, 275 diameter, 1200 speed.

Ape's Grip (W):
Activate

Ari's lightning fast reflexes and tremendous arm strength allows him to catch enemy's incoming blows; disabling them, and their weapon.

Activate, last 3 seconds.
The next enemy attack towards Ari (Physical attack, not magical), within 300 range, will be blocked, and cause the attacker to become stunned.
The stun only lasts while Ari is within the 300 range of the attacker.
If Ari and the enemy are separated beyond 300 range, the remaining stun duration is converted into a disarm.

Levels
1. 1.5 second stun/disarm, 20 second cool down
2. 2 second stun/disarm, 16 second cool down
3. 2.5 second stun/disarm, 12 second cool down
4. 3 second stun/disarm, 8 second cool down

50 mana cost
Note: Enemy heroes outside the 300 range have zero implications regarding this ability.
Note: Works in the same way Spiked Carapace does.

Vine Swing (E):
Activate

Using the surrounding vegetation, Ari can mauver through the jungle with ease.
Can only cast while Ari is within 300 range of tree(s).

When cast, Ari catches hold a vine, which drops from a nearby tree. Ari "swings" forward 650 units.
If the landing location is within an area covered by trees, then Vine Swing's cool down is refreshed; however, is only available to be cast again for 1 second, until incurring the usual cool down.

Upon landing, Ari gains an agility and movement speed buff, depending on the number of consecutive swings.

Ari gains an initial base bonus, then an additional stacking bonus for each swing.
Levels
1. Bonus 8 agility, 20 Movement speed; 2 agility, 5 movement speed.
2. Bonus 12 agility, 30 Movement speed; 4 agility, 5 movement speed.
3. Bonus 16 agility, 40 Movement speed; 6 agility, 10 movement speed.
4. Bonus 20 agility, 50 Movement speed; 8 agility, 10 movement speed.
Bonuses last for 12 seconds, and are refreshed as each stack is applied.

Bonuses are capped at: Initial bonus + 3 stacks.
Swing speed: 750

50 mana cost, 20 per each additional swing.
20 second cool down

Note: Vine Swing's location is 650 units in front of him, this is not a point target ability.
Note: Ari obtains unit/tree/terrain phase while swinging; and continues to receive this effect until landing, or leaving the vicinity of the trees.

Ultimate - Monkey Madness (R):
Activate

Alone in the jungle, Ari must defeat the opponent, or die trying. Ari enters a trance, gaining immense speed and power, pushing past his limitations.

During Monkey Madness, Ari has a 35% chance per attack to damage himself (attack damage), as well as his enemy.
Levels
1. Bonus 50 damage, 50 attack speed
2. Bonus 75 damage, 75 attack speed
3. Bonus 100 damage, 100 attack speed
Last 12 seconds,
Recasting the ability will end Monkey Madness prematurely.

100/125/150 mana cost
80/70/60 second cool down

Note: Bashes, maims, and orb effects, do NOT apply to Ari; only damage amounts.
Note: Damage is reduced by Ari's armour value, not dependent on enemy's armour.
Note: Ari CAN suicide this way.

First time posting! All criticism is welcome, please be constructive.

Changelog:
Jan 23rd 2015
- Halved stacking bonus from "Vine Swing".

Jan 22nd 2015
- Replaced the basic passive ability - "Rumble in the jungle" with "Vine swing".
- Minor increase to base damage to compensate the removal of "Rumble in the Jungle".
- Returned damage from Monkey Madness now includes bonus damage from Crit, MKB, However still doesn't include other negative item effects, only damage.
- Lowered Monkey Madness cool down.

Thanks for the feedback.

ShiShiOkami

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 20, 2015 6:52pm | Report
Hey, Okami! Looks like you're new here, so before I go any further, I'd like to say on behalf of everyone else,

WELCOME TO THE HERO IDEAS CLUB!

Rule 1: Don't talk about hero ideas club
Rule 2: Don't talk about hero ideas club
Rule 3: Work your right brain and continue making awesome ideas!

On to the critique!

This hero looks like, as in the name, a brawler. Pretty much a 1v1 fighter and easily dies if enemies focus him down. Which is not a bad thing; every hero needs a weakness. He most probably does the best in ganks with few enemies, but he can still quickly snipe supports and redirect the enemy's attention during a teamfight to reduce the enemy team's presence.

So, Monkey Wrench is an ability that damages and slows, while interrupting channeling spells. Nothing to say about this one, it's pretty balanced.

Ape's Grip is pretty interesting! A counter attack move that disables an enemy based on their distance from him. One possible improvement would be to deal damage to the enemy equal to its own attack damage.

Rumble in the Jungle is really interesting. Ari gains more agility and speed in the jungle, so he is highly effective when fighting there. But thanks to the active attached to this passive ability, he can also fight well in areas without trees.

Monkey Rage... Monkey Rage is cool. He gains so much damage and attack speed, but the benefits are weighed down by the chance for self-inflicted damage. I really like this idea!

I'd say that his item build would include getting a Helm of the Dominator and then rushing a Skull Basher. He would be a beast of a hero.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ShiShiOkami » January 20, 2015 11:11pm | Report
porygon361 wrote:

Hey, Okami! Looks like you're new here, so before I go any further, I'd like to say on behalf of everyone else,

WELCOME TO THE HERO IDEAS CLUB!

Rule 1: Don't talk about hero ideas club
Rule 2: Don't talk about hero ideas club
Rule 3: Work your right brain and continue making awesome ideas!

On to the critique!

This hero looks like, as in the name, a brawler. Pretty much a 1v1 fighter and easily dies if enemies focus him down. Which is not a bad thing; every hero needs a weakness. He most probably does the best in ganks with few enemies, but he can still quickly snipe supports and redirect the enemy's attention during a teamfight to reduce the enemy team's presence.

So, Monkey Wrench is an ability that damages and slows, while interrupting channeling spells. Nothing to say about this one, it's pretty balanced.

Ape's Grip is pretty interesting! A counter attack move that disables an enemy based on their distance from him. One possible improvement would be to deal damage to the enemy equal to its own attack damage.

Rumble in the Jungle is really interesting. Ari gains more agility and speed in the jungle, so he is highly effective when fighting there. But thanks to the active attached to this passive ability, he can also fight well in areas without trees.

Monkey Rage... Monkey Rage is cool. He gains so much damage and attack speed, but the benefits are weighed down by the chance for self-inflicted damage. I really like this idea!

I'd say that his item build would include getting a Helm of the Dominator and then rushing a Skull Basher. He would be a beast of a hero.

Thank you for the warm greeting and feeback, Porygon,

I've been given some negative, yet constructive, feedback regarding Monkey Wrench; saying it is too bland, and should be replaced. Also for Rumble in the Jungle, needing some more spice rather than the basic effects. What are you're thoughts on this?

Feedback: Ape's Grip Buff - Considering the stun duration is quite high, and cooldown is low, I don't think this ability needs a buff. Also, all of his other abilities generate a form of damage; I don't think its necessary to include damage with this one.

As for Helm of the Dominator and Skull Basher for this hero, I agree. I think upgrading Helm of the Dominator into a Satanic is probably one of the most core items for this hero.

ShiShiOkami

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 21, 2015 2:35am | Report
I am the only one who can talk about the hero ideas club.

Also, welcome to dotafire!

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 21, 2015 5:34am | Report
ShiShiOkami wrote:

Thank you for the warm greeting and feeback, Porygon,

I've been given some negative, yet constructive, feedback regarding Monkey Wrench; saying it is too bland, and should be replaced. Also for Rumble in the Jungle, needing some more spice rather than the basic effects. What are you're thoughts on this?

Feedback: Ape's Grip Buff - Considering the stun duration is quite high, and cooldown is low, I don't think this ability needs a buff. Also, all of his other abilities generate a form of damage; I don't think its necessary to include damage with this one.

As for Helm of the Dominator and Skull Basher for this hero, I agree. I think upgrading Helm of the Dominator into a Satanic is probably one of the most core items for this hero.

I think that Monkey Wrench is fine as a simple disabling ability. As for Rumble in the Jungle, perhaps the active could be something like a vine swing, a short distance mobility skill that can only be cast when near trees.

You're right about Ape's Grip, it's already a pretty strong, albeit predictable, ability.

EDIT:
Some elaboration on Vine Swing:

Can only be cast when near trees, target location can be anywhere in a short radius. Vine Swing into trees for tactical escapes.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 21, 2015 5:50am | Report
Welcome.

Cool idea!

I see this hero as a 1v1 manfighter!

I hate the cooldown on ulti. Insatiable Hunger, which is basically a free satanic, doesnt have that long of a cooldown. Needs major cooldown buff. Same to Natural Brawler.

Ironically, i think that the Ape Grip needs CD nerf. 15 seconds seem fine to me at level 4, but up to you still.

If you think the Q is too bland, a bit buff:

30% move slow
20/35/50/65 attack slow

this will make the 3 seconds more precious at manfights. With the short 3 seconds, i dont think the numbers are too high.
With the 5 man strat, i can see the passive very fitting as he is more of a ganker/solo manfighter.

>Well thought!
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ShiShiOkami » January 22, 2015 1:27am | Report
The first change to this hero's concept.

Please be honest regarding the new ability "Vine Swing".
I've had many posts suggesting a "swing" ability, and this is what i came up with. It adds a little more flavor and raises the skill cap of Ari. If the description is unclear or confusing, please mention this.

Thanks to everyone for their input, I'm sure more changes to come!

ShiShiOkami

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved