Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Arash'ruin, the Psychomancer (remade)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Arash'ruin, the Psychomancer (remade) 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » April 30, 2015 8:48am | Report
I kinda miss this character :( Well, since 6.84 has revealed some huge buffs for any and all things INT (and I found this file again) I decided to remake him as a more complete thing that plays a bit less like an AGI Hero. Lot more detail, rewritten lore, somewhat altered skills.

Arash'ruin, the Psychomancer

Far from these bloodsoaked fields where world collide, the lesser mage Arash Vespender returned to his home town to discover it lying in ruins, its inhabitants butchered to the man. Shocked, horrified, fearful, he hunted for any clue as to the cause, at last stumbling across a magical trail that pointed towards a rogue sorcerer. Determined to exact a painful vengeance, Arash returned to the city, hiring a kobold to assist him hunt his prey.

Yet the destruction of all one loves can do strange things to the mind, and Arash grew more frantic, more desperate, more single-mindedly driven by the day, to the point of the sociopathic. Even as he trained his powers for the conflict, the hunt led him into darker places where even the wind moaned of foul deeds. Such did his guide fall, abandoned to die once he served his purpose. Yet the betrayal fazed Arash not, so enraptured in his vengeance was he. Every so often, the remnants of the man he had once been would try and save his soul, but the voice was silenced under a torrent of rage.

Finally, Arash confronted his quarry atop the demonic spire of Vo'hollom Domosh, the ancient Black Rook built by demonkind in ages past. There, the sorcerer had used the souls he had stolen to enact a ritual of summoning, attempting to bring a demon lord of great power into the world. Distracted as such, Arash managed to defeat and slay the cause of his spite, yet the ritual was completed.

However, the demon that appeared - Nevermore, the Shadow Fiend - did not claim his bounty. Rather, with an evil glimmer in his eye, the soul collector offered Arash a deal; his soul, that of a newly-forged Hero, in exchange for the lives of his kin. Without hesitation, Arash accepted, for with his bloody vengeance done, what did he have to live for?

Yet the ritual went wrong - or perfectly well, depending on who you ask. The souls of the thousands of those Arash knew opened up his mind, pouring in before sealing shut. Even as the mental force increased the mage's psychic power exponentially, it shattered his sanity and bound him as a servant of the Shadow Fiend. Now he roams the world, both under the orders of his loathed master and of his own volition in a quest for freedom - and if his mind were not broken already, it would be by the truth that he has become far worse than what he set out to defeat...

Stats
Strength: 17 + 1.9 per level (64.5 at level 25)
Agility: 20 + 2.25 per level (76.25 at level 25)
Intelligence: 21 + 2.7 per level (88.5 at level 25)

HP: 150 (473 at level 1, 1385 at level 25)
Mana: 0 (273 at level 1, 1157 at level 25)
Armour: 3 (5 at level 1, 13 at level 25)
Base Damage: 46-56
Base Attack Time: 1.55
Attack Animation: 0.4/0.56
Cast Point: 0.6/0.56
Movement Speed: 325

Mind Spike (Q)
Type: Unit target
Damage: Magical
Pierces Spell Immunity: Yes
Arash'ruin splits his target's mind, dealing magical damage and reducing the target's magic resistance briefly. Also applies two instances of Madness.
Each instance of Madness reduces the victim's movement speed by 4%. Madness stacks last for 13 seconds.
Damage: 120/160/200/240
Resistance Modifier: 8%/12%/16%/20%
Duration: 7
Cooldown: 20/17/14/11
Mana Cost: 100/115/130/145
Notes

Lucid Strikes (W, Orb)
Imbues the Psychomancer's attacks with his malevolent will, causing them to apply one stack of Madness to the target, then deal magical damage based on Arash's Intelligence per stack of madness.
Each instance of Madness reduces the victim's movement speed by 4%. Madness stacks last for 13 seconds.
Damage per stack: 8/11/14/17% of Arash's Intelligence
Mana Cost: 12
Notes

Thought Shear (E)
Type: Unit target
The Psychomancer combusts the target's sanity, dealing area affect damage around them based on the number of Madness stacks. The Psychomancer gains bonus attack speed per stack for 4 seconds.
Area of effect: 225/300/375/450
Damage per stack: 10/17/24/31
Increased attack speed per stack: 2/3/4/5%
Increased movement speed per stack: 2/2/3/3%
Cooldown: 30/25/20/15
Mana Cost: 160/190/220/250
Notes

Psychosis (Ultimate)
Type: Global
The Psychomancer unleashes his power to blot out all lucidity on the map, turning all enemy units hostile to each other for a brief duration and applying stacks of Madness to each.
Duration: 3.5/4.5/5.5
Madness stack applied: 3/4/5
Cooldown: 150
Mana Cost: 200/375/550
Notes

Upgraded by Aghanim's Scepter

Responses
This is a long one.

Spawning

Beginning the battle

Moving

Attacking

Casting Mind Spike

Casting Thought Shear

Casting Psychosis

Killing a Hero

Killing a Rival

Meeting an Ally

Getting First Blood

Last Hitting

Denying
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » April 30, 2015 8:53am | Report
So I think I hit a word limit and lost half the post. Here it goes continuing.

Dying

Respawning

Gaining a level

Taking Aegis

Using Aegis

Rare

Victory

Defeat

Think that's it now. As for items, I'm thinking Travels, BKB, AC/Orchid, Octarine Core, Sheepstick, Mjollnir. Attack speed and Intelligence.

Guess the moral is I have too much time.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved