Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ambrose the Sun Golem

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Ambrose the Sun Golem 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dedessert » May 30, 2016 2:13am | Report

Ambrose the Sun Golem

So hey I'm actually quite new at this posting thing, but I've actually been reading the contents of this forum for quite a while. All the hero creating you guys do make me so excited, and learnt a little bit from comments. I've actually created some heroes myself, but now I finally have the wits to post here. My apologies, I'm not that good at forming stats and lore language is just not my thing. Tell me what you think I could do to improve them. Hope you guys enjoy!

Hero Introduction

As a person who really likes to play Tinker(but has slow fingers), I've always been a fan of the concept of ability refreshing. This hero is based off that, but slightly different from tinker. Ambrose can refresh his abilities, but even so he has to use it at its maximum efficiency by using multiple abilities followed by another.
Ambrose might be almost as confusing to use as tinker, but probably a bit simpler.
The idea is, his first skill, Stalagmite, isn't very efficient on its own, but combined with Solburst, it can knock back the enemy into the radius of the second crystal, maximizing damage. His third skill loses its efficiency if spammed too much, and is better of used for multiple targets instead of one. Even though his ultimate, Nova Catalyst, allows you to spam them given enough mana, a specific arrangement of spell casting must be considered for maximum efficiency.

Lore

So a pyromancer tried to harness the power of the sun by sucking all its energy into a giant crystal. Halfway through his plan, the crystal became conscious somehow and became aware of the pyromancer's evil plan, so he unleashed a burst of energy which killed the pyromancer. Now, the empowered crystal now known as Ambrose walks the Earth while occasionally looking up at the sun. Though the ritual had long ceased, the transfer of energy between Ambrose and the sun is still going, allowing him to unleash the might of the sun at his will.
(If you can translate this into a nicer version, that'd be nice :P)

Skills

[Q] Stalagmite (Mana cost:100/115/125/130, Cooldown:10, Magical)
A giant crystal erupts at the target point, damaging and stunning enemies around it. After 2 seconds, a second crystal will erupt 400 units in a random direction from the first crystal whose direction is signaled by a crack.

Cast Range: 200
Crystal Damage: 50/100/150/200
Crystal Stun Duration: 2
Crystal Radius: 175
Second Crystal Delay: 2

[W] Solburst (Mana cost:110, Cooldown:13, Magical)
Ambrose accumulates energy from the sun before releasing it in a spectacular burst of sunlight, damaging and knocking back enemies near him. Ambrose can freely move, attack and cast spells during the charge.

Sunlight Damage: 100/125/150/175
Sunlight Knockback: 350
Sunlight Knockback Duration: 0.5
Charge Duration : 2

[E] Prism (Mana cost:90/110/120/130, Cooldown:10, Pure)
Ambrose calls down a beam of high energy from the sun at the target area which lasts a few seconds, damaging enemies in its radius. The beam can be freely moved. Damage from intercepting beams does not stack fully.

Cast Range: 600
Beam Radius: 250
Beam Damage per second: 22.5/35/47.5/60
Beam Speed: 300
Beam Duration: 5

[R] Nova Catalyst
When toggled, casting spells will not put it on cooldown, but increases its mana cost by a certain amount for every second of the spell's cooldown.

Mana per second: 13/11/9

dedessert

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » June 3, 2016 9:21pm | Report
Hi Dedessert!

It's a pleasure to have you here at Dotafire, hope you enjoy your stay!
Actually... I hope you stay for long lol

I love the idea of this hero, but I think it can be further explored.
For the ult to work the other skills have to be... refresh-worthy I mean, there's no point in no cooldown if your skills have a long cast time, right? Unless, that's how you meant to balance it out? I'd prefer that his skills actually have stupidly high cooldown, but one or two are instant nuke, making him a dangerous one-shot-cannon.

Also, you gotta do something that differ him from Tinker. Considering that he's a golem, why don't you make him a tanky nuker that has a way to replenish mana? So, the longer he's in a teamfight, the more 'shots' he can throw.

Now that I think about it.... This can be used for the Warrior Quest, especially with the whole "THE SUN!!! IT BURNS!!!" thing. Why don't you try recreating this hero to fit that quest?

Just suggestions of course, nice to meet you! :D
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dedessert » June 6, 2016 2:21am | Report
Bah, sorry I'm so late at replying, went out for quite a while. Nice to meet you, too!
By the way, thanks for the suggestions! I want him to be tanky, but considering he casts quite a lot of spells, I'm not sure If he should be a strength or intelligence hero.
I think stalagmite as a nuke is fine so he doesn't end up getting cheap kills just by spamming so you need a lot of spell coordinating to use him
Don't worry, can't take my eyes off this forum if I could, but can only visit so frequently.

dedessert

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » June 6, 2016 3:35am | Report
Such a good effort at Rearm alternative!

Great Scott! Have some cookies!
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dedessert » June 8, 2016 2:19pm | Report

Such a good effort at Rearm alternative!

Great Scott! Have some cookies!

Again, sorry I'm late at replying :P
Thanks! Put a lot of time into thinking this hero out!

dedessert

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved