Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Alam, Native Assassin (Indonesia independence special)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Alam, Native Assassin (Indonesia independence special) 5 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Balance?
Imbalanced (Strong)
Balanced
Imbalanced (Weak)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » August 16, 2014 6:27pm | Report
If any of you guys knew, 17th of August is Indonesia's independence day. To celebrate, this is my idea.

LORE
The small island of Rafel has been invaded for decades. Greedy kings, gathering golds and spices, taking slaves and animals, making the island, known for its beauty, now known for its cruelty. One day, a boy by the name of Alam, has been captured as slaves along with his family, taken by a ship. His father, knowing what is to come, pick the locks of his family and the other captives. They fought bravely, defeating guards with bare arms, scavenging weapons for armored knights, and slaying all of the invaders on the ship.

They managed to escape, but the night following, their encampments were attacked and all was killed except Alam and hia father. Bleeding heavily, his father ran quickly, carrying Alam along. When they reached the destination, three natives come to their aid, nut Alam's father had already died. The three man took Alam to the encampments, a place hidden among most of the natives. There, he grew up learning to fight, to endure and protect, to defeat the invaders.

16 years later, Alam led a guerilla warfare against the invaders. They burn ships, execute officers, and failing trade missions. Later, the king is furious, and sends an army to kill all the native fighters. From their ships, they can see the small island, looking so weak. At the beaches, eyes are stalking them. At night, the soldiers rest, giving an easy chance to defeat them. They killed the patrols, burn the ships and waking the rested. A figh occured, Alam facing the leader. Their swords clashed, and with a loud noise, Alam's blade grew red, and the general's blade melted. His blade was enchanted, with shamanic powers. He easily defeated the general, and the king dares not to send more. He was remembered as a hero, forever remembered by his people.

Note: ummm yes not my best work i admit i need to put more details on the lore. Too lazy though.

RADIANT AGILITY, MELEE
Base damage: 47
Base health: 520 (1.0 per second)
Base mana: 182 (0.7 per second)
Base armor: 4
Attack speed: 1.3
Attack range: 128 (Melee)
Vision range: 1800/1200

STR: 20 (+2.2)
AGI: 28 (+ 3.5)
INT: 14 (+2.6)

(1) Emblaze
Type: No target, self, physical

Enchants your weapon, dealing powerful damage and disarm for a your next attack. Lasts 15 seconds or after one attack. Disarm does not affect magic immune units.
Cost: 50
Bonus damage: 50/60/70/80
Disarm duration: 2/2.5/3/3.5
Cooldown: 15/11/8/4

"Alam had a natural affinity for elemental powers, and use the power along with his blade"

(2) Guerilla
Type: No target, self

Becomes invisible. Grants bonus movement speed and enables you to walk through cliffs and trees. Attacking and casting speels breaks the invisibility, but will resume afterwards. The movement and invisible buff is separated. Grants a small radius around you unobstructed vision.
Cost: 50
Radius: 600
Bonus move speed: 11/13/15/18%
Fade time: 4
Duration 40
Cooldown: 10

"The natives had always been able to travel through the harsh environment of the island"

(3) Assassin (Passive)

Adds evasion and critical strike chance to Alam.

Evasion: 20/20/30/30%
Critical chance: 0/15/15/20%
Critical damage: 0/150/150/200%

"The native warriors are also adept at direct combat"

(4) Ambush
Type: Target unit, enemy, physical
CAN ONLY USE WHILE INVISIBLE, BUT DOESNT HAVE TO BE GUERILLA

Ambushes a target, dealing attack damage plus bonus and also slowing and giving it missing chance. Fully affects magic immune units.

Cost: 80
Cast Range: 128
Bonus Damage: 100/200/300
Move slow: 35%
Attack slow: 30/50/80
Missing chance: 30/40/50%
Debuff duration: 6
Cooldown: 20

"Without warning, the Native Assassin attacks his victim"

This hero is designed to be a hard carry, with powerful spells for early game and carry powers for the late game. He can gank relatively easy with ambush, but he has no lane control. His biggeat problems will be mana, which he would need when he is ganking.
This is to celebrate Indonesia's independence, upon which was invaded for 350 years, no kidding. I tried to design a guerilla-native hero to match my country, I hope this is good. Feedback is always welcome, and happy 17th of August!
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » August 16, 2014 7:06pm | Report
Great idea' and in my opinion fairly well-balanced. However, I do fear tha you are just combining the two Assassin heroes to invent this one.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ninecent » August 16, 2014 9:00pm | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

Great idea' and in my opinion fairly well-balanced. However, I do fear tha you are just combining the two Assassin heroes to invent this one.

*cough*There are 4 assassins*cough*
Templar Assassin, Phantom Assassin, Nyx Assassin, Riki(Stealth Assassin)

But you mean Nyx and PA, right?
Yeah, it does seem like a kind of fusion between those too heroes.

Ninecent

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » August 16, 2014 9:51pm | Report
Combining? not on purpose, just coincidence.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » August 17, 2014 5:04am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Combining? not on purpose, just coincidence.

I understand and it's a wonderful idea background-wise, but I fear it wouldn't work in the game because of the similarities. This may not have been your intention anywas, so well done!

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved