Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Aganim's Scepter ideas

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Aganim's Scepter ideas 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SilencersCurse » June 10, 2013 5:50pm | Report
Enigma Aganim's effect causes Black Hole to no longer be a channeling spell

Kunkka Aganim's effect causes Ghost ship to continue to sail along the ground upon impact for 900 range

Dragon Knight Aganim's effect removes the cooldown and causes the Dragon Knight to be able to toggle dragon form on and off at the cost of mana per second.

Tidehunter Aganim's effect causes Ravage to pierce through magic immunity for 50% of the effect.

Lone Druid Aganim's effect gives the Lone Druid Himself both Entangle and Demolish.

Morhpling Aganim's effect allows Morphling to cast Replicate on himself and allows the replicate if cast on himself to use his spells at 50% power.

Rikimaru Aganim's effect Rikimaru can no longer be revealed by invis detection but his fade time doubles this works against, dust, sentries, gem, track, amplify damage and towers.

Clinks Aganim's effect increases the duration of Death Pact by 100%

Phantom Assassin Aganim's effect increases the chance for Coup de Grace to take effect by an additional 10%.

Crystal Maiden Aganim's effect increases the damage and slow effect as well as lets crystal maiden cast the effect anywhere within a 1000 range, just like pit lords old firestorm.

Silencer Aganim's effect causes his team to win the game instantly.

Tinker Aganim's effect causes the first spell used after Rearm to cost 0 mana.

Rubik Aganim's effect allows Rubik to hold 2 stolen spells.

Thanks for reading let me know some of your ideas for Aganim ultimate effects.

SilencersCurse

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » June 10, 2013 6:02pm | Report
There are very apparent reasons why these are not int the game. Removing the cool down from rearm, triple ravege, double bear and 2 stolen spells are also absurd. Riki is a trash hero, no need to make him take shred of skill out of him.

It's a good thing most theory craft remains theory craft.

A hero I would like to see an ag effect on is death prophet. More ghosts is always fun
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SilencersCurse » June 10, 2013 6:49pm | Report
Rearm does not have a cooldown it has a cast time, also its not triple ravage but a ripple effect that mimics ravage only a lot weaker, the aganims would really only increase the damage and duration slightly on thse initialy hit by ravage and the real bonus would be heroes jumping in after the initial wave would receive some of the ravage effect.Spirit bear without items is really not very scary I mean if you have an aganims on Lone druid you either are sacrificing other necessary early/mid game items or you are already 6 slotted on your first bear and decide you need a second and at that time I gotta say games probably already won, can admit Rubik with 2 spells would be pretty powerful but the way rubik is played now as mostly support odds are he wont get one unless his team is far ahead, and I still don't think he would be any stronger than a late game invoker, I mean invoker is like you have 6 spells is that really all you have...haha.

SilencersCurse

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bladerail » June 10, 2013 9:29pm | Report

Rearm does not have a cooldown it has a cast time.

Yes, but at level 16 rearm is 1 second. You take it away and instant rearm? That's too much. Mana cost and channeling time of rearm for the benefit it gives already makes this skill very valuable.

And its Aghanim's Scepter, not Aganim

Bladerail

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SilencersCurse » June 10, 2013 10:07pm | Report
I already know at 16 its 1 second, anyway most of these ideas I thought up as I was writing it out so I did not put major thought into a lot of them. I just had a few good ones and decided to throw a bunch extras in. I would prefer you pitch a better idea than criticize mine. I don't mind constructive criticism but you are not adding anything to my thread that helps.

SilencersCurse

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 11, 2013 12:18am | Report
Rearm could have its insanely high mana cost reduced instead of its cooldown. That would actually solve many problems on Tinker, and it may even be overpowered.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jaslam » June 11, 2013 2:05am | Report
from a balance point of view, most of these won't work unfortunately.. most heroes need a sub skill like Ogre Magi does, to have an aghanims effect - like riki, there's nothing you can do to riki's ulti to improve it. but by creating another skill - like a targeted cloud (ie) the skill allows you to create a small cloud on 1 hero, the cloud will follow the hero and silence them for the duration (say 5 seconds). BKB or MKB is the only counter.. with MKB you would still be silenced but won't miss..

I'm not saying this is the skill - but this is the idea..

on Weaver - his ulti can be castable on any hero for example?

jaslam

Remarkable (21)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 11, 2013 2:18am | Report
jaslam wrote:

on Weaver - his ulti can be castable on any hero for example?

Maybe free magic resistance after timelapsing would be more useful and has less grief potential :P

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by frogger_29 » June 11, 2013 4:18am | Report
The Enigma, Tidehunter, Lone Druid and Silencer(lol!) upgrades are too powerful. Maybe making it weaker by a bit would be good.

frogger_29

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » June 11, 2013 7:27am | Report
They did practically add the silencer ultimate in the most recent patch.
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved