Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Adaptive Armor (Practice for the August 23rd contest)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Adaptive Armor (Practice for the August 23rd contest) 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » August 11, 2014 3:47am | Report
[color=#ffff00][/color]Hi everybody. This is my practice for the upcoming contest, which I hope to win :)
Seeing the 'item' as a theme, it might be good to create an idea and have you cool guys comment it. Feedbacks are VERY much appreciated.

This item works as like a power treads, with more expensive components and and sloghtly different effects. Instead of move and attack speed, this item adds armor and a passive bonus to primary attributes.

ADAPTIVE ARMOR (1550)
Components: Chainmail + Ogre club/ Blade of alacrity/ Staff of wizardry (based on primary attribute)

Active: Adapt
Adds a bonus 7 ponts to a chosen attribute. (Order: STR, AGI, INT)
Stats:
+ 6 armor
+ 10 primary attribute
+ 5 chosen attribute

An armor that would always fit any bearer.

I am not well known in this community, and winning the contest would finally make me known. I really want to get close to you guys, knowing this is the best dota community out there.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 11, 2014 4:10am | Report
This is a cool item! It adds armour, boost to primary attribute and attribute of choice. So could you have say... 14 plus on your primary attribute if you wanted?

And, you know, you don't have to win a contest to become known. :)

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » August 11, 2014 4:18am | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

This is a cool item! It adds armour, boost to primary attribute and attribute of choice. So could you have say... 14 plus on your primary attribute if you wanted?

And, you know, you don't have to win a contest to become known. :)

Thank you very much for the feedback! I spend quite a while balancing it, and it pays off well.
Sure, you dont have to win to be known, but as the movies depict, proving yourself is really potent. Doing 1 AWESOME thing makes you very popular, but doing 100 good things did little to nothing. Did you watch monsters university?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » August 11, 2014 4:28am | Report
I think you've balanced it a little too much, because it's kind of underpowered. It doesn't give the wearer the stats from its components (+10 for each attribute), so it's pretty much weaker than if you were to buy the Ogre Club, Blade of Alacrity and Staff of Wizardry separately or combine them into an Aghanim's Scepter.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » August 11, 2014 4:36am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

I think you've balanced it a little too much

Balanced. Or should I say, Imbalanced? And i see you got a new signature :)
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » August 11, 2014 4:41am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Balanced. Or should I say, Imbalanced? And i see you got a new signature :)

Yes I did :D.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved